Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

battery verses battery

2 posters

Go down

battery verses battery Empty battery verses battery

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 10:20 am

note that the minelab battery works of 7.3v yet the coiltek battery pumps out 8.4v
r they saying that the ct battery with the extra grunt is a better option with the xtra 1v..

I also have test leads if anyone wants to test their battery either 4pin or 5 pin are available..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

battery verses battery Empty Re: battery verses battery

Post by Narrawa Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:18 am

The minelab battery when fully charged is 8.4v. If you probe the battery plug with a meter you will get two readings. The higher reading is the one your interested in.

The internal reg is happy to operate just above the programmed alarm flat voltage of 7.3v....meaning, if the battery could hold 7.4v constantly, it would operate just fine all day long.
To much input voltage say for instance 9v...and the unit may not even turn on.....the higher the voltage just means the internal reg will have to dissipate more heat. Heat is not wanted. Keep the voltage above the alarm voltage and your machine is happiest.

The 7.3v low battery alarm warning may me 7.2v....cant remember and couldn't be bothered looking it up. Very Happy

Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:37 am

So...what's the difference between ML's and CT's battery. I don't just mean the batteries inside. What about the PCB, the volume enhancer, etc.

Just interested to know.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporaticus Thu 21 Feb 2013, 12:49 pm

Yeah, I'm looking at getting one of those CT batteries off Ray, if anything they LOOK real nice, haha
Will be interesting to try, but I charge mine every chance I get during the day, so might not notice a thing, be handy to have tho and the signal enhancer could be better.
Sporaticus
Sporaticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down