Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

coiltech VERSES nugget finder coils

+2
Goldbait
goldpoacher
6 posters

Go down

coiltech VERSES nugget finder coils Empty coiltech VERSES nugget finder coils

Post by Guest Sat 26 May 2012, 7:30 pm

has anyone done any serious testing comparing simalar or exactly the same size and type of coils against each other?

This can be either with the 4500 or the 5000..

If there are any comparisons that need to be carried out let me know as I will be heading bush in a couple of weeks once my off sider comes back from the bush to specifically test coils on targets and I will have some remarks for those wanting any info.

So far the only difference is maybe a slight weight factor in favor of NF over coiltech coils.

On looks I find a lot of people prefer the NF coils as they look lighter and slimmer to wave around.

Then there are the diehards who only use coiltech coils.

Both have very good warrantees and both companys go out of there way to keep there product at the top of the list for accessories to the local punter who is trying to have a go.

Yeahaaaa cant wait

Both use Litz wire--have talked to a few sparkies and instrument techs about the litz wire and they are in the belief that its mostly hipe.

yeahaaa cant wait

Regards

oneday69

Back to top Go down

coiltech VERSES nugget finder coils Empty Re: coiltech VERSES nugget finder coils

Post by goldpoacher Sat 26 May 2012, 8:33 pm

Both Coiltek Manufacturing and Nugget Finder Coils work great,its a preference thing when it comes to brands.Nugget Finder came popular due to light weight compared to Coiltek Solid Coils,but now Trevor has released the GoldStalker Series the Weight Factor is not a Issue Anymore.
I Personally don't believe their is much difference between Coils of Similar Size and Yes Litz Wire is more Hype as I have compared Litz Coils against Other Wire Configurations and found No Noticeable Advantage if Any.
I Personally use Coiltek and have since the Introduction of their first Coil and as Die Hard will stick to their Proven Reliable Products,I have also used,owned Nugget Finder Coils even well before the SD2000 was released.
Its like Religion,Politics or Sports every one will have different opinion on Coils and if their was any deeper punching advantage by One Brand I would be using it.
I have 54 x Coiltek/Coiltek Manufacturing Coils,1 x Nugget Finder

goldpoacher

Back to top Go down

coiltech VERSES nugget finder coils Empty Re: coiltech VERSES nugget finder coils

Post by Guest Sat 26 May 2012, 9:09 pm

goldpoacher u certainly must find some gold coz at todays prices thats about 20grands worth of coils.

If u know of a good dry blower sittin around doin nothin give me a call..

As I said I think its horses for courses and unless someone comes up with a radical design then I personally dont think theres much in it.

Asthetics and the weight factor will rule the day.

regards

Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 May 2012, 5:52 am

I think you'rer only going to get personal preferences as opposed to any double blind type lab testing Ray.
I guess it will be your testing that will tell us about any discernable differences between Trevor and Rohan's great products.

As a matter of interest, why not include the Commanders in your test?

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 May 2012, 9:30 am

The main worry with the new "spoked" range of coils from all manufacturers
is and always will be touch sensitivity, and this is totally down to the process and quality of
shielding in the coil.
Personally, i think the advantages if any of using Litz wire in coils is becoming more
apparent since the advent of the GPX range of detectors, as these models require
a more stable coil platform to perform at peak levels.

In the real world out there in the Paddock, it only takes one setting to be just out of whack
and it doesn't matter which brand of coil or wire used and your off the ball.
It can be as simple as you are running the exact same coil/tecta/settings as your mate who
is cleaning up but you aren't, and the only difference could be that the mate is running the
audio in Boost or he/she is running the gain only one notch higher, or running the coil 5mm
off the deck, thats all it takes, and any coil advantage/disadvantage is lost or heightened.

My own coil history has been Coiltek & Commander all the way, and in that order, but where
there's smoke there's fire, so i have now started to use NF as well now, but all 3 of these brands
combined with some good settings will and do give Dynamite Results.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Sun 27 May 2012, 4:18 pm

both coils are good. but nugget finder coils are of better quality in the way they are built.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Sun 27 May 2012, 8:33 pm

Is the size of the conductor a point to take into consideration when comparing coils.???
Perhaps now..all litz wire wound coils use the same size wire..but perhaps in the past they did not.??

Grey vs white....CT vs NF. Early CT Stalker vs late Stalker...?? the mind boggles. Wink
Maybe the way a coil is pottered should be taken into consideration also....touch sensitivity or echo effect ..is it touch sensitivity..or is it the echo effect causing the so called touch sensitivity problem.???? What causes the echo effect on coils.??? what causes touch sensitivity on coils.
Can the shielding be thin in one area of the coil than the rest of the coil and what effect would this have on the coils overall performance.???
Can and should you be able to here the cable on a coil while its connected to the detector and running at the time.???
Do the plastics in a coil dry out after a short time of ownership causing anyone of the above to render the coils performance short.???

Mind blowing aint it.?? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Mon 28 May 2012, 3:48 pm

I had a 17" Coiltek and after wasting several days I realized it was a dud. A mate said he would try it so I gave it to him. He sent it back and they replaced it for him. Once bitten....
On the other hand I think the Joeys are a top coil. Mainly I use a 14" nuggetfinder.

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:The main worry with the new "spoked" range of coils from all manufacturers
is and always will be touch sensitivity, and this is totally down to the process and quality of
shielding in the coil.
Personally, i think the advantages if any of using Litz wire in coils is becoming more
apparent since the advent of the GPX range of detectors, as these models require
a more stable coil platform to perform at peak levels.

In the real world out there in the Paddock, it only takes one setting to be just out of whack
and it doesn't matter which brand of coil or wire used and your off the ball.
It can be as simple as you are running the exact same coil/tecta/settings as your mate who
is cleaning up but you aren't, and the only difference could be that the mate is running the
audio in Boost or he/she is running the gain only one notch higher, or running the coil 5mm
off the deck, thats all it takes, and any coil advantage/disadvantage is lost or heightened.

My own coil history has been Coiltek & Commander all the way, and in that order, but where
there's smoke there's fire, so i have now started to use NF as well now, but all 3 of these brands
combined with some good settings will and do give Dynamite Results.

Pete Cool

What about those great Nugget Tech you recommended to us Pete...?
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:48 pm

From memory I have never see any test / paddock results from any manufacturers--mind u I havent looked all that hard..none that I have come across on this forum..maybe someone can guide me..
I have seen a vid on finegold to enhanced to normal setting variations and thus as u say pete it doesnt take much for one person to walk over a signal compared to the next with only slight variation on his set up.

But as stated Narrawa the questions are endless--

Motor car manufacturers always boost about fuel economy but that is an absolute lood of bull shit--who drives their car around Australia at 60ks / hour and wipes it into Angle gear goin down hills to save even more fuel--mmmmh 1 wonders..I suppose if u brought 1 of these rockets and took it prospecting then yeah the fuel economy would be out of this world--u would b flat out getting over 20ks / hr prospecting..

I remember when I was a roo shooter - I wondered why a tank of fuel was lasting me a week of shooting--I was only doin 60ks per night to get my quota..

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by nvchris Mon 11 Jun 2012, 6:09 am

Try this with a Goldstalker and you'll know why I was not able to post up a stability vid of oneā€¦ I simply ran out of test subjects.

Last edited by nvchris on Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clumsy typo!)
nvchris
nvchris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:50 am

Man you're clumsy Chris!!! Razz Razz Razz

Gotta love the 12" NF Advantage Mono coils. Stable as a rock!

Robert

Last edited by goldnomad on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I'm a silly prick)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jun 2012, 10:11 am

G'day Shorty

Still got the 18x12 Nugget Tech and use it now and again, i do know they had some trubs with
cables or something and apparently they have sorted that out i think.
I see they are now also using Litz wire since i left the industry but haven't used one of them ones.
From memory on the field tests the 24x12,18x12 and the 15x12 where the 3 best for sens
and depth to size ratios.

Hope your trip is goin sweet Very Happy

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down