Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine

+3
Bignuggs
Tkinggold
Wedgetail
7 posters

Go down

New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine Empty New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine

Post by Wedgetail Thu 15 Jan 2015, 11:37 am

From the US Patents Office, I think. It makes very interesting reading as it's quite mindblowing technology:

Constant Current Metal Detector with Driven Transmit Coil
US 20140232408

BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
According to a first aspect of the invention, there is provided a metal detector used for detecting a metallic target in a soil comprising: a) transmit electronics having a plurality of switches for generating a repeating transmit signal cycle, the repeating transmit signal cycle including at least one receive period and at least one non zero transmit coil reactive voltage period, the at least one non zero transmit coil reactive voltage period is different from the at least one receive period; B) a transmit coil having an inductance connected to the transmit electronics for receiving the repeating transmit signal cycle and generating a transmitted magnetic field; c) a receive coil for receiving a received magnetic field during at least one receive period and providing a received signal induced by the received magnetic field; d) one or more negative feedback loops for sensing a current in the transmit coil during the at least one receive period to provide a control signal, and based on the control signal, the one or more negative feedback loops control a magnitude of a voltage and/or duration of the at least one non zero transmit coil reactive voltage period; and e) receive electronics connected to the receive coil for processing the received signal during at least one receive period to produce an indicator output signal, the indicator output signal including a signal indicative of the presence of a metallic target in the soil; wherein when the inductance of the transmit coil is modulated by the soil during an operation of the metal detector, the one or more negative feedback loops change the magnitude of a voltage and/or duration of the at least one non zero transmit coil reactive voltage period to maintain an average value of the current during at least one receive period in a cycle to be substantially the same value as an average value of the current during at least one receive period in any other cycle.

According to a second aspect of the invention, there is provided a method for detecting a metallic target in a soil using a metal detector, the method comprising: a) generating a repeating transmit signal cycle, the repeating transmit signal cycle including at least one receive period and at least one non zero transmit coil reactive voltage period, the at least one non zero transmit coil reactive period is different from the at least one receive period; B) receiving the repeating transmit signal cycle using a transmit coil having an inductance connected to the transmit electronics for generating a transmitted magnetic field; c) receiving a received magnetic field using a receive coil during at least one receive period and providing a received signal induced by the received magnetic field; d) sensing a current in the transmit coil during at least one receive period to provide a control signal, and based on the control signal, controlling a magnitude of a voltage and/or duration of the at least one non zero transmit coil reactive voltage period; and e) processing the received signal during at least one receive period to produce an indicator output signal, the indicator output signal including a signal indicative of the presence of a metallic target in the soil; wherein when the inductance of the transmit coil is modulated by the soil during an operation of the metal detector, the step of controlling a magnitude of a voltage and/or duration of the at least one non zero transmit coil reactive voltage period includes changing the magnitude of a voltage and/or duration of the at least one non zero transmit coil reactive voltage period to maintain an average value of the current during at least one receive period in a cycle to be substantially the same value as an average value of the current during at least one receive period in any other cycle.

According to a third aspect of the invention, there is provided a computer readable medium comprising instructions for causing a processor to implement the method of the second aspect.

There now, see, easy hey! wtf

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine Empty Re: New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 12:20 pm

Doesnt tell us anything new about the type of detector.

I dont thing Minelab will let anyone name there detectors unlike the Maritime industry.

maybe we should run a book on the closest to the naming of the new detectors..

GPR -- TITANIC.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine Empty Re: New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine

Post by Tkinggold Thu 15 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm

What odds you giving Ray? I'll have a couple hundred on gpz7000 since that's what the minelab website said lol!

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 12:55 pm

THERES 2 DETECTORS remember.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Thu 15 Jan 2015, 1:01 pm

Not interested in the poor people release, i want the bazooka! cheers

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 15 Jan 2015, 3:53 pm

I'm not fussed what they call it but here's a question. Let's hypothetically say the new machine will retail for $10K
apart from the few full timers and professionals, who in their right mind is going to rush out and spend that sort of money unless ya a millionaire.
How silly of me, people like new toys lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Thu 15 Jan 2015, 3:59 pm

Minelab have never released a new detector yet that couldn't find more gold that the others missed, I'll be lined up at the door to get one cheers

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Thu 15 Jan 2015, 4:04 pm

I agree with that, just gotta justify with the trouble and strife haha affraid lol!

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 15 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm

goldstrijk wrote:I agree with that, just gotta justify with the trouble and strife haha affraid lol!

yep im already laying the groundwork as well Pete lol!

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine Empty Reply with quote Re: New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine

Post by goldstrijk Thu 15 Jan 2015, 5:03 pm

There's still some brave guys around mate Hahaha!
Nothing beats finding a nuggie, but can't tell them that!! Razz Rolling Eyes New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine 2517112348

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 5:42 pm

ive got a few takers already--irrespective of the price..

the good thing with the Pilbara is that its not that flogged yet---so we have all got time..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu 15 Jan 2015, 5:52 pm

Tkinggold wrote:Minelab have never released a new detector yet that couldn't find more gold that the others missed, I'll be lined up at the door to get one cheers

Beg to differ on this one, gold is still being found that the old Garrett Deepseeker would have found.
You know the old quote, "Gold is where you find it." AND, there are still sunbakers out there.

New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 6:00 pm

one can only hope of a oz sunbaker with a few mates but unless u r walking then u aint gonna find nothing.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Fri 16 Jan 2015, 9:14 am

Damm I've been doing it wrong all these years Embarassed Been using a gpx and digging holes when all I need is an old Garret and could wander around just picking up sunbakers.
Thanks for the tip Nightjar New technology for the proposed ML GPZ machine 1424279845 That'll be heaps easier then digging wegr

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan WA Fri 16 Jan 2015, 12:07 pm

Well, if its going to be $10000 or there abouts and doesn't have a significant boost in
performance no one will buy it.
I'll be in early..... Very Happy

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:49 pm

It will be interesting. Price wise and performance.
Let us know how it goes when you buy it.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan WA Fri 16 Jan 2015, 4:57 pm

Will do. You never know, I might be able to offer it to you for a good price....

lol!

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:10 pm

Alan WA wrote:Will do. You never know, I might be able to offer it to you for a good price....

lol!

And what price would that be, $9,999.00   lol!   kwdf

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan WA Fri 16 Jan 2015, 7:48 pm

Will just have to see.... Very Happy

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down