Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP series coils

2 posters

Go down

GP series coils Empty GP series coils

Post by Deaks Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:36 pm

Thanks for the replies. The question was for me. It is a Blue label so might work better on the right settings then. Do you loose depth on DD? and dose it matter if you use it in mono?

Deaks

Back to top Go down

GP series coils Empty Re: GP series coils

Post by K town swinger Wed 14 Jan 2015, 8:13 pm

Hey Deaks get onto to the minelab webpage and search for gp 3500 manual and it has the info your chasing.The old DD coils were good but after a bit of rough use (couple of years) they became touch sensitive and can be noisy.

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 4:11 am

Deaks wrote:Thanks for the replies. The question was for me. It is a Blue label so might work better on the right settings then. Do you loose depth on DD? and dose it matter if you use it in mono?

Can't see any of the earlier replies or your initial enquiry so I don't know what machine you are wanting to use the coil on, the 11" gp series minelab coil started coming out on either the gp3000 or gp3500, and will run on everything up to the gpx5000, but I do recall that for some reason people were saying that they were not too good on the sd2200, but I am pretty sure that I have run one on my old sd2200 and it seemed ok?

As far a running a dd goes, you will not get as much depth as a mono coil of the same size, but the advantage is you will get better stability on machines up to the gp3500 as it will handle variable soil conditions better than the mono, later gpx machines were designed to run on mono coils so using a dd coil has pretty much gone out of fashion.

If you run the coil with your detector switched to mono you are actually running it as a "pseudo mono" meaning that only one half of the coil is working and is like a small mono coil, this setting works well in rubbishy areas as the "discrimination" feature will also work, but you have to keep in mind that only one half of the coil works (cant recall if its the left or right scratch ) so you of course have to make sure that the active side of the coil is the side you are using if you are detecting around trees etc or you will miss signals.

Also running it in mono as apposed to dd will give you a bit less depth so it a setting that's a bit limited, I used it a bit with earlier machines when I was working junky areas that I knew had lots of small shallow nuggets, so that at least I had some advantage with the discrimination helping to weed out small bits of tin etc, it does take a bit of getting used to.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down