Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solarscreen for windows, anyone using it ?

5 posters

Go down

Solarscreen for windows, anyone using it ? Empty Solarscreen for windows, anyone using it ?

Post by Banjo Mon 06 Oct 2014, 4:51 pm

I have been seeing 4WD's getting around with different types of reflective material on windows and thought that it could be dangerous for other road users, I just saw a 4WD head into the shops with all the windows covered in reflective shades and on my way out I spotted it so walked past and saw a sticker on one of the screens.
Checked out the website, they do kits to suit 4WD's etc

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thoughts ?

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Solarscreen for windows, anyone using it ? Empty Re: Solarscreen for windows, anyone using it ?

Post by Guest Mon 06 Oct 2014, 5:36 pm

I have often wondered about this stuff on yah windows and thought that if the cops pulled u over they would more than likely tell u to take them off.

Its bad enough with a very dark tint on windows let alone blanking the windows altogether.

I think I might stick with curtains in the troopy since me mate found a roll of material and made curtains for his --They didn't look to bad just quietly---I have now put in an order..--they are cheap.

in the mean time might ask a copper when next I see one..just to see how legal they r.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Solarscreen for windows, anyone using it ? Empty Re: Solarscreen for windows, anyone using it ?

Post by cruiser1 Mon 06 Oct 2014, 5:54 pm

Probably good for when parked up.I usually keep one on the troopy full time shielding the engel.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Oct 2014, 6:02 pm

side tracking a bit Darren--I was going to put some of that silver backed orange foam in between the Engle and the cover to see if it does any difference.

same stuff as they put on houses..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Mon 06 Oct 2014, 7:03 pm

Ray I have a strip of that insulation which i put across the windscreen of the troopy and secured by the front doors when closed,seems to work a treat for this application.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Oct 2014, 7:09 pm

will have to scab out some rubbish bins as the stuff is about $400 a roll up here.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Mon 06 Oct 2014, 7:17 pm

I bought a windscreen sunshade the other day, not much of a selection and ended up too big, ive seen some 4WD's that seem to have just one of the back windows insulated, fridge position I guess.
Ray your right on how expensive the house inso is, be interesting to see what the copper says.
Hmmm Tracey just finished sewing some curtains for the Troopy, I guess I better use those, if not the shite might hit the fan lol

lots of good info, Terry even said the other day just surrounding the fridge with the thick Styrofoam sheeting would help out there

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Mon 06 Oct 2014, 7:20 pm

Yep,my bit came from a skip bin on a builders site.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Mon 06 Oct 2014, 8:43 pm

Had a tint on my 78 holden a few years back. It was like looking into a mirror.....long story short, the mob that did the tint, would not do the same tint for my 95 commodore. Turns out its an age thing with vehicles. Not legal on vehicles after the year ??? . Not sure if this same requirement is in effect here in WA.?...this was in NSW around 2004-6.

The good....
Looked fancy having windows that looked like mirrors....especially when you woke from a night to forget, you had something big and easy to check and see if you were having a bad hair day. Razz Laughing

The bad...
Useless at night, hard to tell if headlights were road side reflectors...much worse if it was raining.

If i could/allowed, would i add it to my vehicle now.???? Sh!t yeah!!...im still flaunting a full mop of hair. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 07 Oct 2014, 9:24 am

It's being sold in WA by 4x4 retailers so I'm sure they have checked out the legalities of using it on vehicles.
Just don't use it on your drivers & passengers windows while driving.
You have fully enclosed vans that only rely on using side mirrors so I can't see there would be a hassle using it on a troop carrier.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Thu 16 Oct 2014, 9:38 pm

I use sun reflectors all the time when camped up with my 80 series. I've only got cheapo ones. They work best if you put them on the outside of the window rather than inside. I generally park facing west, big shade across the windscreen and 2 small ones on the northern (drivers side) windows, sometimes the back too when its real hot. They make all the difference.

The ones on the website look like really good quality but look like they fit on the inside. I wouldn't drive around on public roads with them on.

Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Oct 2014, 11:59 pm

the other problem some of us have is that we run solar panels on top and this makes us park up in a northerly direction..

Hence that why most of us put the awning on the drivers side for the arvo shade.
Mind u mate of mine has his on the passenger side so we judge it that they open up between us.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down