Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BATTERY CHARGING --2300

4 posters

Go down

BATTERY CHARGING --2300 Empty BATTERY CHARGING --2300

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 7:17 am

Just noticed while charging the 4 batteries on the 2300 charger that if i took them out once fully charged
by the green light indicators, then put them back in ---to b sure--that they start to be recharged again,

maybe some of the tech members out there may have an answer.

has anyone else come across this--

maybe its just those type of batteries.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

BATTERY CHARGING --2300 Empty Re: BATTERY CHARGING --2300

Post by Tkinggold Thu 11 Sep 2014, 7:58 am

In the charger manual it I think I remember reading that it checks the temperature and if they start getting warm it stops charging for a while. May be a temperature thing ?

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:36 am

A lot of battery chargers will do this, no matter how much you pay for them, its in the programming. You'll probably find those batteries may not run the full charge cycle if left in.?? If they do, its the sign of a cheap charger that uses a simple timed cycle. However, many exspensive chargers have this timed cycle as a back up should the batteries fail to charge through other regimes. You better be real careful they don't explode/leak/vent if you run them through again.
Like many items you buy that come with a charger.....the charger is adequate to charge the batteries that it came with...nothing more nothing less. If ML gave out super chargers with the 2300, the price would have been $4100 to cover the charger and warranty.

Anyone in a warm climate should find the coolest place to recharge them, or as stated above by TKinggold, the chargers temp sensor will switch on and off as it compensates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 1:18 pm

CHEERS
Have noticed they get extremely hot.

REGARDS
ONEDAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Reefdog Thu 11 Sep 2014, 9:26 pm

I noticed my batteries got really hot with the original charger. This worried me.

Add to that mine was faulty out of the box. Only charged 3 cells so upgraded and sent mine back. No drama's replaced without question.

Check out Powerex MH-C801M.

This is what I am using. Do some reading. You should be able to pick one up for less than $150 if you look around. Charges 8 cells at a time, various charging options. No 12v adapter, but if you got an inverter then no trouble for a long trip. Does AAA, AA, C & D cell.

Can not say that the batteries last any longer on my 2300, but I like the option of trickle charging, reconditioning and all the other smart charger options.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers

Reefdog

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Fri 12 Sep 2014, 6:28 pm

The red light seems to indicate they are being bulk charged.  This is about 150 minutes I think.  From then on they are on trickle charge.  The 5000mAH cells need 15hrs for a full charge and 4000mAH cell about 12 hours.  If you take them out of the charger when the light turns green, they will not be fully charged.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 6:35 pm

I leave them in all arvo and that night---surely they would be charged by then.

some I have left in all day and taken them out the next day--the light stays green.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Fri 12 Sep 2014, 7:24 pm

Yep.  You put them on at 1600 and by 0700 they are good to go and fully charged.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm

Enercharger NC-1500U

Built in safety timer - For the 4 main slots (not 9V) if charging is still taking place after 3 hours the safety timer will cut out the fast charge and the charging current will drop to trickle charge rate. For high capacity batteries (higher than 4.4Ah) the charger will need to be reset (turned off then back on again after 3 hours) for fast charging to resume.

Selling for $54
http://www.liteshop.com.au/content/enecharger-nc1500u-fast-charger-aa-aaa-c-d-9v-batteries

If your using larger capacity batteries ...find a better charger...this thing is just as i stated above re---> nothing more...nothing less.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 6:03 am

for those who have encountered their 2300 turning on and off--solution
BATTERY CHARGING --2300 026-1

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down