Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karratha Salt

3 posters

Go down

Karratha Salt Empty Karratha Salt

Post by Mingo Wed 09 Jul 2014, 7:47 pm

Howzit, just a quick cheers to "Toad" for pulling up on the flats and sharing some tips, he had some settings from a book on the salt for my 4500. After setting it up with the 11'' DD that came with the machine  it became apparent a fine tweak was needed. The book said to set soil/timings at normal or special, this proved too noisy but going to enhance killed all noise and made very minimal difference to some air testing (works for me on site), it also remained quiet with little ground balancing. All other settings remained the same as the book recommended, except the choice of fixed or tracking in ground balance, that had to be fixed. So just up thumbs up for a stranger pulling up and being helpful, especially as this allowed me to fully try my own tweaking and get results which is the first time it all started making sense, so cheers Toad, and thanks for the couple you left us which showed the settings were good.

Mingo

Back to top Go down

Karratha Salt Empty Re: Karratha Salt

Post by K town swinger Wed 09 Jul 2014, 8:49 pm

Good stuff Mingo.A small coil on the salt will also calm your detector down somewhat as will a very slow swing speed (less swamping noise).R
K town

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Wed 09 Jul 2014, 9:04 pm

My pleasure Mingo. Glad you got some results.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down