Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW Amorak diesel ute need feedback on this..

+6
red devil
martinjsto
aussie18
pilbaragold
groundrush
rocklobster
10 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

VW Amorak diesel ute  need feedback on this.. Empty Re: VW Amorak diesel ute need feedback on this..

Post by groundrush Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:22 am

I am having a long hard look at the Amorack as well to replace a Nissan .
Everything I have heard so far is positive so whats the weak link.
Tell you what though there are a lot of them on the road ,the other makes
must be feeling it.
gr.

Last edited by groundrush on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

VW Amorak diesel ute  need feedback on this.. Empty Re: VW Amorak diesel ute need feedback on this..

Post by pilbaragold Thu 19 Jun 2014, 8:19 am

I see a lot of these around now and not just on the highways but out the back blocks as well. Quite a few contractors are starting to use them as well. Might have to head down to the local dealer and see what they go for. Like the fuel consumption.
pilbaragold
pilbaragold

Back to top Go down

VW Amorak diesel ute  need feedback on this.. Empty Re: vw amorok deisel ute need feedback on this...

Post by aussie18 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 8:32 am

from all reports there a good vehicle, good mileage, 8speed auto I think only 2l donk.
a touch dearer on the purchase and also servicing cost's can be way up there compared to there competitors.
make sure ya get a fixed price service within reason on purchase.
dealers are giving great deals on new vehicles ATM, end of financial year deals and must keep up there quota's etc.
I don't know anyone that has a amorok but mother in-law has a vw tigquin and it's a piece off sh...t that's a diesel, it's a few years old and she brought it s.hand owned it for about 12months and been back to the dealer a couple times already with engine lights coming on indicating there's a problem.
but doesn't matter what model ya buy there's a bad egg every 10 or so they pump out.
me mates 2013 3lt t-diesel hilux gets about 750k's/tank, I don't know it's capacity though.
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 19 Jun 2014, 10:07 am

my mitsubishi gets around 740 to a tank, 3.2 lt motor but. around 620 towing so the economy is good on the amorak. servicing can be expensive and ensure they dont have a DPF bad news from the start. any small diesel motor compliant with the euro4 emissions standard will suffer from carbon buildup in the intake manifold after time due to the EGR setup. look at the forums and see what the issues are b4 choosing a 4by.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red devil Thu 19 Jun 2014, 11:05 am

I drive a a ford px ranger xld auto 5 cylinder diesel 2012 had it since new,i get good fuel economy towing my loaded van 2.8 ton,. between 15 to 18 litres per 100k.
plenty of power to handle van, but as all new diesels have common rail injection these days and anything goes wrong in the bush you are r--ted.
the ranger is rated to tow 3.5 ton  the same as mazda bt50 which is mechanically the same and a lot cheaper to buy.
i had along range fuel tank fitted 140 litre gives me a good range in the bush.

red

Last edited by red devil on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
red devil
red devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 19 Jun 2014, 12:10 pm

have not run one myself but they are replacing landcuriser / hilux fleets in some of the mines due to a higher safety rating.
Had also heard they are good on fuel as well, Toyota will need to move with the times if they are to maintain market share.

Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

VW Amorak diesel ute  need feedback on this.. Empty Re: vw amorok deisel ute need feedback on this...

Post by aussie18 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 12:52 pm

yeah Toyota has just recently upgraded there hilux range to 5 star Tom in the last couple months.
they had to, there fleet sales is the only thing that keeps them on top off the pile.
I'm no expert in the matter but I think they had the attitude where the best dare ya go buy another make, so some company's did lol! 
I think most car brands are similar in reliability and performance now, just a few little things like fuel economy and servicing cost's make a difference to those lucky enough to afford a new vehicle.
I mean shite how many Hyundai's you see on the road these day's, 10-15 year ago you had rocks in ya head if you brought one VW Amorak diesel ute  need feedback on this.. 1472621687
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 19 Jun 2014, 1:19 pm

Those little Hyundai's Excels had a 5 year free service on them long before other makes had even 3 years from memory, so they were hard to go past for young girls to drive around in, and being well serviced they still seem to be everywhere.
why buy a Ford Ranger when its almost the same as the BT50 if the BT50 is cheaper, the BT looks better as well.
Toyotas are way over priced, the ranger and BT have passed the Hi-Lux in my opinion.
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by red devil Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:11 pm

hi snapper
i waited five months to get my ranger because i did not like the look of the bt 50 ,beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
they are the same vehicle different body panels

red

red devil
red devil

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:57 pm

G,day Red, I don't mind the Rangers looks but I think the BT is a bit more stylish around the front end with the Ranger having the more older square front looks.
Question; how much dearer is the Ranger?
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

VW Amorak diesel ute  need feedback on this.. Empty Re: vw amorok deisel ute need feedback...

Post by aussie18 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 3:20 pm

hey stu, had a couple mates who had the old excels for there girls and although I'm talking late 90's and s.handy's they had nothing but drama's. smoke more then me both them cars and you know how much my lungs take a battering VW Amorak diesel ute  need feedback on this.. 1472621687 . bad eggs in all makes and models.
I'm a mazda man over most makes, but buggered if I'm forking out $50k to trash in the bush, but I'm in the market for a mid-2000 bravo or hilux or older cruiser around the $15k mark.
sorry way off topic now back to it. Rolling Eyes
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by red devil Thu 19 Jun 2014, 3:51 pm

hi snapper
from memory the bt50 was a few grand cheaper at the time,but they keep changing various bits on them .

red
red devil
red devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 4:03 pm

i'll stick with my troopy--shes reliable and decked out for the bush.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Thu 19 Jun 2014, 7:23 pm

I've been a mechanic all my life and for reliability in the bush or anywhere else you just had to go with a diesel. That's not necessarily the case these days. You still pay a premium price to get a diesel but most of the traditional advantages have gone.

Diesel costs more per litre. Diesels cost more to service. Diesels suffer Very badly from dirty fuel, from a jerry can or poorly serviced country bowser. Diesels don't last any longer than new petrol engines. Modern petrol engines also get fantastic fuel consumption although not equivalent to diesels. Most modern diesels engines cannot be repaired without the expertise of the franchise and sometimes they are not experts either.

I love new vehicles an would have one if I could but going bush I'm quite happy that ours is pre-common rail injection.

Phil
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 19 Jun 2014, 7:29 pm

If my memory serves me right didn't the Amorok get recalled a year or 2 ago?
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 19 Jun 2014, 9:47 pm

gotta agree with you Phill,
most of the benefits of the diesel have gone, not to say they are no good, my last 4d56t did over 650k over the 23yrs we had her and I still have a diesel on just on 200k now but highly modded for my trips.  Very Happy 
with all vehicles now a days your need to know depends on your intended use. no matter what car you buy the basics like spare tyres belts and hoses ETC and knowing how to change them is the minimum if you're going bush. onboard computers puts a lot of things out of the owners hands unless you have a OBD11 diagnostic centre on board (  VW Amorak diesel ute  need feedback on this.. 452991977  )
I do my own servicing and repairs and saved a fortune in misguided advice from dealers. any new vehicle purchased for gold prospecting needs money spent on mods of some form or another whether its tyres or suspension etc. i think it comes down to if you can understand and be capable of fixing it when you have to then its a good car for you.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Fri 20 Jun 2014, 7:44 am

I agree. The Ford looks too American red neckish (?). The BT50 is better looking to my eyes. Still, I paid $37k on the road with bull bar and tow bar for my Navara and it continues to amaze me with the power and economy it gets from a 2.5l diesel. I only wish they would put decent tires on them from new but I'm guessing most have passenger case tyres on from new these days. Putting some BFG a/t's on asap.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down