Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gpz7000 feedback

+6
Stingray
CrazyPete
AussieAU
Rege-PA
Shaz
wilddog
10 posters

Go down

gpz7000 feedback Empty gpz7000 feedback

Post by wilddog Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:18 am

Taking to a fella yesterday with a 7000, hes very happy with it, nothing over 20 grams lots of small stuff.

whats the general opinon now, and can you hire one in vic??

he says normal is the best mode.

Cheers.

wilddog

Back to top Go down

gpz7000 feedback Empty Re: gpz7000 feedback

Post by Shaz Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:15 am

Normal will pull more gold and we were told not to muck around with the settings as this detector learns as it goes and changing it too much confuses it. We were also told to leave a little space between the coil and the ground when working in difficult ground as the signal needs to go down, then come back up and then the detector works out what is there, not like the 5000 which has a different method of deciphering the ground. We have just received our ferrite but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Shaz

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:14 pm

Ferrite ?

Pete
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:53 pm

Very Happy Check this out Pete http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/274444/KBA_26-1%20GPZ%207000%20Tips%20for%20Better%20Ground%20Balance.pdf

It explains Ferrite, not to be confused with Kryptonite! Which most people are askeered of affraid

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:05 pm

Just read Jonathon Porter report on 7000, very interesting.  He mentions somebody called Bruce Candy, can anybody advise who Bruce is and his connection to 7000.  

I am seriously thinking of buying a 7000. If anybody can give me a updated feedback on the 7000 on its reliability and performance, very much appreciated.
Cheers.  Bob.

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:13 pm

Bruce Candy is the man from ML who created the 7000.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:32 pm

Have a read of this Bob

http://www.theleadsouthaustralia.com.au/industries/research-development/minelab-continues-to-lead-way-in-search-for-gold/

Pete
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:34 pm

Bignuggs wrote:Bruce Candy is the man from ML who created the 7000.

And all the previous detectors back to at least the SD2000, not sure about the old VLF Minelab models. What Bruce Candy and Jonathan Porter don't know about all these detectors including the 7000 is not worth knowing. Very Happy

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:40 pm

Great, thanks to you all for giving me the leads and advice. Going to have a look at the 7000 tomorrow. Cheers. Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:43 pm

Leave ya wallet at home Bob, I'm a bugger in a detector shop hahaha.
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Thu 11 Jun 2015, 9:16 pm

Hi Bob, I've just had a bit of a play with a 7000. I compared it against the 45 with 14 x 9 NF that I use. Here's some of my thoughts based on about a day and a half of using it.

Firstly its very different to the GPX. It is true that it's heavy. However I am only small and skinny and I was surprised that I could use it with my standard hipstick. I could use it OK for half a day on reasonably flat ground. You can't lift it over rocks though - not for 8 hrs. Detecting heaps is a 2 hand job for sure. Make sure you see the vid by Martin and Jase about using the bungy to take the weight. It is difficult to pin point. I read somewhere you cant use the edge of the coil to pinpoint like a mono, but there are 4 sensitive spots on the edge of the coil that you can use to pin point.

Personally I could not prospect with one in rough country - not with a hip-stick at least, it would be too tiring. This seems to be the general consensus. Everyone reckons the harness is great if you set it up properly but I can't comment on that.

In terms of performance I used it on and around some scrapes in typical red dirt, ironstone and quartz wash and was finding real small gold with the 45. It was moderately mineralised, the depth was about 10 cm I guess and most of the gold was around 0.1 - 0.2 with occasional 0.7-1g. The 7000 was remarkably sensitive and found the 0.1 size bits with a quieter background than the 45 (on enhance), but I am pretty familiar with the 45 and I don't think the 7000 would be a real advantage for me in this situation as I was finding the small ones on the bottom with the 45. On the 7000 I could only use high yield /difficult with any stability. It ws remarkably sensitive and had a quieter background (less EMI chatter) than the 45. Nonetheless I chose to use the 45 here - it was just easier! When I wandered through with the 7000 I didn't get any more than I might have expected going back iwth the 45.

If the ground was deeper then I think it would punch further but not sure if it is a function of a 14x13 vs a 14x9 or the machine. Running on normal though it is incredible and seems to have much reater reach - the only catch is it I found it too noisy to use effectively.

One spot I found 2 bits around 0.3 g with the 45 about 3 m apart in a triangle of unpushed ground on a scrape. The ground was say 20 cm deep and it was roughly 3m x 4m here and I had found gold on the scrapes either side so I thought it would be a good test. I gridded very carefully with the 45 and found no more. I then again with the 7000 in high yield and difficult for no more gold. I then gridded in high yield nut normal. It was very noisy, lots of hot rocks and ground noise but 2 more nuggets. Bottom line for me though, it probably took 4 times as long to detect it, it was too mentally tiring with all the noise in that mode. I did the same in another spot with a run of nuggets in say 15cm ground that was quite noisy. Found a coupe more with the 7000 near the previous run so can't confirm if had missed them with the 45 or just hadn't walked over them.

For normal prospecting the noise and time associated with running in normal would outweigh the depth benefit.

Don't get me wrong though - it is a pretty amazing and sensitive machine and I am looking forward to having another play in different ground in a couple of weeks.

Regards
Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:26 am

Great explantation and thank you for taking the time to write it for me. Very much appreciated. I have been detecting for some 30 years and still have our Minelab 1600 from 1988 and will a collectors item now. Ha. Currently own 5000 plus many discs so the addition of the 7000 is a serious consideration give you thoughts and also a friend of a friend recently purchased one and after the first week was ready to throw it away but went to a different spot and then Bingo, he found a good size nugget. Given the technology of the 7000, it seems we have to give time for us to adjust to it. Ha. Many thanks and will keep you updated on progress. Cheers Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Fri 12 Jun 2015, 7:51 pm

Very Happy Very Happy My wife bought me a new GPZ7000 and it arrived in the post today from Gold City Detecting Charters Towers Very Happy now to start preparing for our trip to WA. I guess I'll have to bring her with me, the wife that is. gpz7000 feedback 3179412840 eafgh
Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mingo Thu 18 Jun 2015, 4:00 pm

Just got in from 3 weeks out. The D7 doesn't like me. Did comparisons with several scenarios and the screaming winner was the 2300.

Mingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 18 Jun 2015, 6:19 pm

D7 ?? are we talking about the GPZ7000 or about a Caterpillar D7 ??
Lots of good reports about the 2300 but I reckon the 7000 needs time. I hope so, like a lot of other people who have bought the damn things.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum