Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

prospectors at it again

+3
Jonathan Porter
Nightjar
albo
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

prospectors at it again Empty prospectors at it again

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:07 pm

Prospectors usually discover goldmines

"The figure of 80% of Australian gold mines discovered by prospectors sounds amazing but it is a fair estimate of the success of our pioneering prospectors ... Prior to the 1998 Gold Roundtable APLA did some basic research into the discovery process of the operating gold mines in WA. In nearly all cases a prospector was a major component in the discovery process but it appeared there were at least two very important exceptions - Telfer in the very remote Great Sandy Desert and Boddington in the State's South-West." (p6)

no wonder this state has a well defined set of rules to govern what we can do and what mining companies have to do to b coacher.

http://hesperianpress.com/images/book_covers/gold_in_the_gascoyne.jpg

just keepin the dream alive

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

prospectors at it again Empty Re: prospectors at it again

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 2:01 pm

Gold Exploration

Mangaroon (100%)
The Mangaroon project area is in the Gascoyne region of Western Australia. The project includes one granted exploration licence, one granted prospecting licence, which contains the old Star of Mangaroon gold mine, and one pending exploration licence.

Recent field work has gained an understanding of the local geology and taken a number of samples for geochemical analysis as part of an orientation survey. Historic drilling data at the Star of Mangaroon mine has also been compiled and is in the process of being interpreted. It is expected that this work will lead to the generation of additional drill targets at the Star of Mangaroon Mine. Once the results of the orientation geochemical sampling are received, planning will commence for systematic geochemical sampling across the tenement package to assess for additional gold exploration targets.

Mount Regal (100%)
Mt Regal (E47/1202) is a gold prospect that occurs to the west of the Ruth Well nickel-sulphide occurrence and north of the regionally extensive Sholl Shear zone.

The soil sampling grid is currently being extended in order to generate additional gold targets.

Railway Bore (100%)
Located 15km south-east of Radio Hill, Railway Bore is an area of known gold mineralisation and geophysical methods are now being planned to search for thicker gold lodes.

just some of the reports up my way

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 30 Dec 2013, 8:37 pm

Yep theres been many , Jonathon Porter was the first to find gold near Andy well & indirectly that got that ball rolling some years after.
The next was a guy called Peter Stewart found a 300oz patch at Doolgunna west side , then we pegged els all round his 200 hectare block & told Graham Hutton on one of his visits in Nullagine of what was happening down there & he pegged all round our leases as well under the name of Faustus & floated Sandfire Rec .
Indirectly the humble detector operator prospector has made many people rich in modern times , they don't like to acknowledge it tho , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 30 Dec 2013, 9:21 pm

What puzzles me is why the big blokes havnt looked between andy well & Doolgunna , that was our best bread n butter 10 years ago !
Are well iv done it now ... expect drill rigs tramming up the great northern dry way in the morning... great new greenfields find carry on in the mining monthly .....champs they are , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:00 pm

Hi Ray , yep done 2 trips to mangaroon [successful ]& came across the geo in the bush that was remapping 1-250,000 then to 1 -100,000 maps doing the field work . He reckoned at the time the same geology came across from Wiluna , same age & dolerite etc , that can make a lot of exploring ground n gaps between , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:37 pm

yeh mate this area (Mangaroon) is worth a go and the couple of mates that I go with are keen as for this season--might have to load up and spend a couple of weeks down that neck of the woods.

the season will dictate what I do but might try to sell the workshop this year.

time for retirement.
I've been saying it for a while and still keen to buy a station somewhere.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 03 Jan 2014, 8:57 am

Spose unfortunate to say Ray , just wait for the next drought mate , stations can come cheap , that's how things go in the cockie biz , like any business highs n lows .
does that mean when im tramin round oneday detecting ,il catch ya fencing with crow bar in hand? mmm bugger that mate .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2014, 12:12 pm

trust me --i'm over the hard labour bull*--every thing will b mechanised--air jack hammer modified to drive in star pickets on a side step on the ute--name is billy not silly..
grader comes in handy as well oh so does a dozer..
was having a look at my old shooting station-miluera---geez shes run down a bit now..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri 03 Jan 2014, 1:04 pm

As the saying goes Oneday;
"Work smart not hard."

prospectors at it again Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 04 Jan 2014, 9:23 am

Also in a post above id like to see right some comments iv posted in regards to the Andy Well prospect . There was a wa news paper report a couple of weeks ago that I only read today & reported a fella called Scotty Wilson played a large part in the Andy Well prospect , iv heard his name come up in the past years ago with regards to meeka nth , he was around before us , codger Steve mentioned his name ages ago , anyhow Jonathon Porter did find a small reef & a good run of alluvial west side of the highway behind the telecom station right on the Mooloogool turn off 11 years or so & it was all unpegged crown land ,no bush tracks , anywhere, wel ride with that , point is Scotty Wilson was a metal detector prospector operator as well anyway, apologies if I misled you , but as johny cash says ....I was there at the time .... so I orta know , cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Porter Mon 06 Jan 2014, 4:38 am

albo wrote:Also in a post above id like to see right some comments iv posted in regards to the Andy Well  prospect . There was a wa news paper report a couple of weeks ago that I only read today  & reported  a fella  called Scotty Wilson played a large part in the Andy Well prospect , iv heard his name come up in the past years ago with regards to meeka nth , he was around before us ,  codger Steve mentioned his name ages ago , anyhow Jonathon Porter did find a small reef & a good run of alluvial west side of the highway behind the telecom station right on the Mooloogool turn off   11 years or so  & it was all unpegged crown land ,no bush tracks , anywhere, wel ride with that , point is Scotty Wilson was a metal detector prospector operator as well anyway,  apologies if I misled you , but as johny cash says ....I was  there at the time .... so I orta know , cheers albo.

I made the mistake of trusting someone with my hard earned info…… the rest is history (no reflection on Scotty Wilson from Kal)!! Found that patch in 1997 with the SD2100, 25 ounces off the slope in specimen gold and 25 plus ounces in the enrichment, cleaned it out in one day, not one piece of rubbish, no tracks and no pegs… then when I spent the season in Meeka in 2001/2002 (thanks for the loan of the mower Albo :-)), the country was still open and I found an extension to the run, this time mostly nuggets for a total of 18 ounces. Gold off the patch went 80% pure for the reef gold and 82% for the nuggets. I spoke with Scotty Wilson at the APLA general meeting at Ora Banda sometime around 2004 and he mentioned he had the ELs for that area, so I assumed my trusted mate had spilled the beans! At the end of the day I had the opportunity to peg the ground, my mistake was I "thought" my trusted mate was doing just that!! Guess what "Thought" did? "Thought his bum was an apple, so he ate it"!!!! prospectors at it again 3179412840 

JP

Jonathan Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 06 Jan 2014, 9:26 am

So there is a lesson here , if you find a good  patch ,peg a small part of the best of it with a pl & convert it to ml later , under 10 hectares I was told once as you don't need to pay the useless shire rates as well & if the big fellas come round and peg & prove up the area , you have the trump card nuisance block.... but it has to be special .

Any comments with regards to annual  fees to local shires on  small leases or advice is welcome .
Probably J Porter after his  experience ,  myself with mine  had followed this path we would not even be here posting ....Be in  Reo , Cabo San Lucas  Cool 
so you guys reckon when someone with a detector breaks your trust only over a few psant nuggets &you get upset , just keep in mind some others  have big fish to fry .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Mon 06 Jan 2014, 10:06 am

Interesting reading albo, JP so much to learn. Hey does anyone have a basic prospecting tenement (WA) or know what a tenement would cost per year, just a basic lease to walk on with a detector, any info at all.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Mon 06 Jan 2014, 12:12 pm

hey Kev,
Yeah I pegged one last June, from memory it cost about $1.92 per hectare up front plus a standard fee of about $290, the lady at the Kal office said these prices were going up slighty ,and would have come into affect by now. I also had only 14 or 28 days to formally notify the pastoralist and the shire of my claim and had to also provide them with the details, maps, boundaries etc. It is important to do this asap. Or your application may become void. Your first year of rent that you have paid up front starts from the time you have been granted. Then after that you will need to provide expenditure costs of $40 per hectare, ie fuel, camping gear, detecting equipment, and even your time on your lease can be claimed back too. Hope this helps.
RW
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Mon 06 Jan 2014, 12:15 pm

Forgot to mention the $1.92 fee is rent per hectare per year. the $290 is a one off.
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Mon 06 Jan 2014, 12:28 pm

Correction rent =$ 2.25 per hectare
Application fee= $292.30

Before 1/8/2013
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Mon 06 Jan 2014, 1:22 pm

i'm not in the know but from reading the DMP site there is something about a $5000 bond on the land, or is that only if you use machinery which I assume would be a bigger head f..k to get permission with native title, enviro land lovers etc.

geez it would be getting tough to find ground that is detectable that is unpegged these days wouldn't it ?

cheers
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Mon 06 Jan 2014, 1:44 pm

Jase the 5000 bond is not paid out of pocket but they will hold you to it if you don't rehab. That's changing to though.
If you want to do more than detect and move dirt in a big way you need a program of works and the native title cleared as well

Cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Mon 06 Jan 2014, 2:22 pm

cheers for clearing that up tom, the old give us ya credit card number job for security ay!!
so with out a program of works and native title clearance you can detect on it but are you allowed to use a small dryblower or wash plant that is fed by a hand held shovel?? or is that disturbing the ground to much.
and also how well policed is that by dmp?? I'm sure they wouldn't be checking in on every lease especially if it was in the middle of bumf..k. [not near a office of theirs], something you would not want to be caught doing with out the permissions I guess but how hard would it be to tear up ya patch with a bobcat etc to run through your small plant.
cheers
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Mon 06 Jan 2014, 2:43 pm

Thanks guys for the replies, who pegs the area are there surveyors that do this, how can I get the required area onto a map with co-ords, do I use Tengraph to do this???
Sorry for all the questions, I'm really interested in geting my own Tenement this year.
Am I better to go to DMP office would they explain the procedure to get me started.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Mon 06 Jan 2014, 2:48 pm

Nah no need to leave the DMP your credit card details for the 5g bond, all is required is your signature on the bond form which is just simply a binding agreement. A PL can only be held for two lots of 4yrs then you have to go into a ML. Im pretty sure that on a PL you can dig down to a depth of 2 metres [by hand power]. A PL has a minimum of 10 hectares to a max of 200 hectares.
P.O.W's are only required for ML's. As I understand it.
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Mon 06 Jan 2014, 2:57 pm

Kev
You must peg it your self, The datum peg is the main peg which has your form 20 attached to it. Tengraph can be used for this. But you must physically put your pegs in because one must assume they will be checked. Accuracy is important or ya application will be knocked back or you'll get asked to go back and fix it.
I use google earth overlays to plot. If you highlight a PL of some one elses then click the "I' for info in top right of TG page it will show you an example of the details you need to provide. TG spells it out clearly on their pages.
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Mon 06 Jan 2014, 3:42 pm

cheers for the info RW
I have a interest in this as well when finances allow me to slow down at work, the sooner the better I hope.
ah lot's more Q's but I guess all the answers at the dmp.
I ain't been to any spots yet where I'd be keen to dig a 2m deep hole with a pick and shovel, brings back the old hand held tools scenario again so i'll leave that alone.
thanx guys
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Mon 06 Jan 2014, 5:49 pm

Jase hand power you don't need a POW. If you are pushing a patch or dryblowing with machine loading its a POW-P you need if moving more than 500t need to apply for additional tonnage at the same time Forms are on dmp page pow-p is not to hard to get sorted.

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jan 2014, 6:08 pm

hi Kev
when u peg the ground make sure u take a photo of the peg with the datam details cable tied to the star picket.--just as a matter of security and don't forget to mark the ground in the direction of the other pegs--usually with rocks about a foot in either direction from the star picket on all 4 pegs to b sure.

just remember when u peg ground there are asswipes out there waiting for such activity to happen and they r out there within a week detecting the ground and theres nothing u can do--so make sure u have got all the easy gold..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next