Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chilly@Sandstone

+4
bluedog
albo
Ash100456
shorty
8 posters

Go down

Chilly@Sandstone Empty Chilly@Sandstone

Post by shorty Fri 31 May 2013, 5:34 pm

Well finished night shift Wednesday morning got home had a shower then off to Reeds for a new 17x11 nugget finder. Back in the car and off to Sandstone, came up the Youanmi rd good to sitting on 100kmph and got into town a d set up at the caravan park for one night to catch up with friends who have bed there for 2weeks, headed to Rafferty, set up camp did some detecting, no luck, went for a nana nap to catch up on some sleep, woken up by the wife who said it was starting to rain. Packed up as we were on low ground and moved camp to higher ground in a different area where we had found a few bits before. Woke up to Ice on the car, well eventually got rugged up and got the detectors swinging, June found a few bits in one area so I went over to help her out :) she got six for the day and I got nine totalled, 4.8 grams each
Any way sitting by the fire writing this will post pics when we have better Internet.
Chris and June
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Chilly@Sandstone Empty Re: Chilly@Sandstone

Post by Ash100456 Fri 31 May 2013, 6:17 pm

G'day Chris & June, Good to see you are getting away for a flick, Nice little tally happening as well, Good-onya !
We are in Emerald (Qld) at the moment, found a little gold up Clermont way, 11 nuggies for about 4-5days, Ali's was the biggest coming in at 3.7g. Going to go up north & try in a few spots there along with a lot tourist stuff. Might even end up over W.A. way for the latter part of the season, Will let you know if it's going to happen.
Best of luck out there & stay safe.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 6:29 pm

hey great to hear from u lot--good to see u out there getting down and dirty.

regards
oneday

ps--when I seen the topic I thought struff they must have a new burger sauce at sandstone-- lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 31 May 2013, 9:31 pm

gotta love the sandstone pub, never disappoints if you don't upset the locals & want to have a hard core session ! aint that so Trout cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Sat 01 Jun 2013, 5:45 am

funny thing about sandstone pub about 5 years ago we stayed at the park on the way to newman nice park and went to the
pub for a few beers and a feed this barkpacker was the cook. can we get a feed yes i will cook for you
but i only got cream a chicken whats that i said he said it was chicken veges and cream sounds good how much
$20 each done. when it came out the 4 of us just look at it and started laughing. On the plate was the cream chicken vegs and a heap of bakebeans
it came out of the campbells tin chunky fully loaded Chilly@Sandstone 3179412840 Chilly@Sandstone 3179412840 Chilly@Sandstone 3179412840
i said we better get a few more beers in to us drunken drunken
cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Sat 01 Jun 2013, 6:35 am

Heading up to cue at the moment for a weekend raid packed an extra doona and a can of ether for the cruiser glad I did now
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 1:12 pm

Sitting around the fire out sandstone way- (typing on computer) That made me laugh- it was only a couple of years ago you only had a radio as company out bush. How times have changed for the better for those living out bush and travelling it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan2010 Sat 01 Jun 2013, 6:59 pm

It sure is cold around Sandstone, Im about 30kms out and it has been very hard to drag myself outta bed to start detecting the last two mornings.
P.s Albo trouty's still goin good.
Cheers Evan
Evan2010
Evan2010

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 01 Jun 2013, 8:53 pm

Thanks Evan , glad to hear the trouts good , he knows every gold location in the district since the groundhog days & more ... good to have 20 rums with also. albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Sun 02 Jun 2013, 12:37 am

Hi Flying Kiwi,

are you in the caravan park? We have been here for about 7 weeks. Come and knock on the door, we are parked down the back in the big Winnebago with the silver enclosed trailer.

Craig

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sun 02 Jun 2013, 10:36 am

Called into Sandstone in January on my way back from a month fishing from Albany to Geraldton, caravan park was empty and headed over to the pub one day and found the few locals freindly and talkative,
very unlike the local pub near me. cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 6:04 am

looks like a another 5 days or so of miserable weather your way. Everyone at sandstone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 04 Jun 2013, 5:18 pm

Jack-Tar wrote:Hi Flying Kiwi,

are you in the caravan park? We have been here for about 7 weeks. Come and knock on the door, we are parked down the back in the big Winnebago with the silver enclosed trailer.

Craig

sorry i missed you mate we were camped out in the bush, would love to string together 7 weeks off myself Sad 3 days off doesent leave much time on the ground when ya throw in 1400km of driving, next year maybe Suspect

cheers Tom
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Tue 04 Jun 2013, 5:37 pm

No problem Tom. I hope you found some whilst you were here. Wink

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content