Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was It Good For You?.......

3 posters

Go down

Was It Good For You?....... Empty Was It Good For You?.......

Post by Bonefisher Sat 06 Apr 2013, 8:33 pm

Shocked No, it's not about the old bedroom action, that's a different story, and I want to remain as a member on here. Wink

But after all the research, reading, countless hours doing 'homework' and lets face it expense what was your very first trip out like.

Anti climax (back to bedroom action again Evil or Very Mad ), over the moon, disaster, brilliant. I'm not just talking about any finds you made, but the more 'feel' of the trip, did it live up to expectations etc.

Did you find it bared any resemblance to what you 'thought' it would be like or totally different?

As a wet behind the ears newbie to all this and a year off from my first trip I'm doing all I can to get a 'feel' for what it will be like (with some fantastic help from some people on here cheers ).

I would wager my bottom dollar that my first trip will throw up many a surprise, some good and some bad, but hopefully I may be a little prepared for what it will be like.

So in essence people, what was it like for you, did you want to throw your detector away, or got 'bit' well and truly with prospecting and has been with you ever since.

Funny, serious, educational, would be great to hear some stories. kwdf

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Was It Good For You?....... Empty Was It Good For You?.......

Post by albo Sat 06 Apr 2013, 9:11 pm

A great life that really on average over so many years just sustains a cruisey free life style . If you dont get the lucky bonus which comes some times & just crumbing , after 2-3 years of that , it can be disheartening. I work now because the mining boom is what it is atm , but when it stops, detecting is another means of survival. Ive been in & out of it for 25 years & most of the close friends i have are through prospecting. I did it 5 years straight , summers & all , NFA, just roaming around like a bush dero in a Hilux, then the time comes when enough is enough & got civilized , bought a house that had running hot water .. luxury & iv slowed up on it since..... but i still love it.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Was It Good For You?....... Empty Re: Was It Good For You?.......

Post by goldpan Sat 06 Apr 2013, 10:21 pm

my first trip out was crappo, spent 2 weeks going through all the great gold fields and found zilch lol.....but patience is key,and like all the experienced blokes on here will tell you LOW AND SLOW....i only started finding gold after 4 months of nothing,then it gradually came in as i started to read and learn geo maps and even now after 1 year of prospecting every weekend,ive not much to show for it and ive spent wwwaayyy more money than i have made.
i just found my first patch a couple of days ago and shes still giving up little sub grammers and THAT is the best feeling and makes it all worth it.

goldpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Sat 06 Apr 2013, 10:42 pm

Thanks for that Goldpan.

I guess patience is the key, and congrats on finding the latest patch that is giving up some.

Looking forward to my first trip in April of next year, can't wait mate and thanks for sharing.

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Sat 06 Apr 2013, 10:47 pm

Hi Albo.

'Civilised' Laughing I guess after that amount of time in the bush it must feel great. But from your post what comes over is the fact you still love it mate, which at the end of the day is the important thing.

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down