Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

should i upgrade now

5 posters

Go down

should i upgrade now Empty should i upgrade now

Post by leinsterlad Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:35 pm

hi iam a newbie that has found 8 grams in nuggets in 4 hours (ruffly) detecting with my 2200 and 11 inch standard coil ,should i get a different coil or new detector i have that feeling that there is gold iam missing in the area iam detecting ,i think a different coil like a 14 inch nugget tech mite be better but as said iam new and still learning
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

should i upgrade now Empty Re: should i upgrade now

Post by Smash_it Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:01 pm

Heh mate,all i can say is buy a 5000.You wont regret it.Fine gold is a winner hands down and on the bigger bits. Get out the credit card cheers Ryan
Smash_it
Smash_it

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkVic Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:15 am

Hi Leinsterlad,
From my 10 years experience in this game my advice would be to upgrade your detector to what ever your budget will allow. Whilst you will still need to walk over the gold to find it, the newer the model minelab the better to improve your chances of finding it.
Upgrading your coils would be the second option in my opiniun.
Cheers Mark.
MarkVic
MarkVic

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:18 pm

Mate! 8 grams in 4 hours! You're doing better than 99.9% of detectorists out there. Keep doing what your doing. At $100/hr you'll have enough to buy a 5000 by the end of the fortnight.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by yella stuff Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:00 pm

you're doing well, I think you should upgrade machine at least to a 4500.

yella stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:21 pm

mate awesome, i had a 4000 and was doing okay with it but then went and brought a 45. it was the best move i done as i found a lot of gold with it. when i hit a good patch my thoughts was to sell the 45 and 2oz to buy a 5000 wich i had done. i think it was worth updating as for now on i'll be updating to each new detector that comes out...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down