Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabulous $70 HN7 Upgrade

5 posters

Go down

Fabulous $70 HN7 Upgrade Empty Fabulous $70 HN7 Upgrade

Post by Moneybox Fri 29 Apr 2016, 10:22 pm

If you want to head bush with a nice clear GPS screen not congested with all those confusing roads and tracks you can blow your well earned $70 and purchase the Hema 150k map upgrade.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

or you can always stick with the old Aussie 250k maps.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When you download the upgrade the 250k maps are removed but fortunately they get backed up to your hard disk. We left the bitumen near Pub Bore after dark and found every dead end track before eventually getting to where the 150k map indicated was Snowden Well at about 2am. We camped there and reloaded the 250k maps in the morning so that we could continue on our way.

Hema's response..... lol!

(Hi Phil,

I have consulted with our cartography department for as detailed an answer as I can provide.

The new 150K map is the most up-to-date map we have and to the best of our knowledge has all current road and track data available. The previous 250K map had data that was sourced from 3rd parties and had not been updated since 2010. Current data was cross-checked against different sources before it was confirmed, but this is not to say that some areas may not have errors. It is possible that in some areas some tracks disappeared due to these either no longer existing, are overgrown, are now private property, etc. There are also an extensive amount of added POIs on the 150k map, that previously could not be shown due to the scale of the 250k map.
The good news is, the map is generated from a ground-breaking live-database of information which allows us to make more regular updates, making it a much more accurate map overall.

Hema are a small team, Aussie-owned and situated in Brisbane but we aim to continue being world leaders in the digital mapping industry. To achieve this we do to some extent rely on feedback regarding our mapping accuracy from our customers... Australia is an enormous country! Explorer feedback allows us to flag geographical areas for checking and correction. We will send your feedback through to our spatial content team to address.

Thank you for your query.

Sales Support
Hema Maps)

Back to top Go down

Fabulous $70 HN7 Upgrade Empty Re: Fabulous $70 HN7 Upgrade

Post by geof_junk Sat 30 Apr 2016, 4:39 pm

That area has had a lot of traffic over the years. they need to have the road on the 150k maps as the area will be travelled on quiet a bit.

Last edited by geof_junk on Fri 17 Mar 2017, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

geof_junk

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 01 May 2016, 1:10 pm

geof_junk wrote:That area has had a lot of traffic over the years. they need to have the road on the 150k maps as the area with be travelled on quiet a bit.

Yes Geof, I wonder how much of Australia is not covered with these new maps. It'l have us flicking back to the 250k maps every time just to see if there are roads where we're heading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 01 May 2016, 5:15 pm

It does seem that Hema spend more time in the East updating than they do in the West. but having said that, I stick with the 250k as it shows the main roads/tracks.
I create my own tracks using google earth then convert them for upload to the HemaN7.
Works fine for me.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnf Sat 25 Feb 2017, 9:10 am

A BIG THANKS TO MONEYBOX [PHIL]!!!     Bought a Hema HN7 before the 150k issue was raised on the forum.      Spoke to Hema and got the good ole company spiel similar to Phil.     They did say they,ve had other calls from WA people and graciously offered to put the 250k maps back on for A COST!

Anyways,   Phil came riding up on his horse in shinning armour and put the 250k back on for me. cheers  Where would we be without the help that comes from Forum members.

Thanks again,   John

johnf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:15 am

that area will all change over the next year or so as Kin mining build their plant and open pits. Drilling all over the area at present with more to come apparently

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum