Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete

+3
Narrawa
Yibidavid
big chop
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete Empty PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 6:40 am

I cant see the point of having a profile section to fill in when the vast majority dont give any info on where they live-age etc..
Its about time some sections become mandatory and if filled out wrongly then revoke their membership..maybe a overhaul--dont need too much info but gee wizzz..how hard is it to share your info with the rest and if u r not prepared to do the minimum then u shouldn't be here further developing your skills to be a better prospector.

Yah real name would be good....maybe secret squirrel business?

Shake up time boys get organised..

Also a guest should have 6 shots or a month at free viewing befor being encouraged to become a member or being locked out..

Regards
Oneday69

Last edited by oneday69 on Sun 25 Mar 2012, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

Back to top Go down

PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete Empty Re: PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete

Post by big chop Sun 25 Mar 2012, 7:56 am

yer i can't see why guests don't become members :?: it's not like it's hard Rolling Eyes

KALGOORLIE:hannan,flanagan,0'shea COOLGARDIE: Bayley, Ford SOUTHERN CROSS:Riseley, Toomey LEONORA: sullivan,booden MOUNT MAGNET: woodley,sampey CUE:Cue,fitzgerald,HeffernanMEEKATHARRA:Connolly SANDSTONE:Hack,Dent HALLS CREEK: Hall, Slattery
big chop
big chop

Back to top Go down

PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete Empty Profiles- Whats the point if they r incomplete

Post by Yibidavid Sun 25 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

I totally agree with you oneday69. It's nice to know which state the person is posting from. I can't see what the secret is all about either. Are we grown ups here or what :?:
Yibidavid
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete Empty Re: PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete

Post by Narrawa Sun 25 Mar 2012, 10:34 am

Sooks!! :rolf:

I filled mine out so im not in the bad books like you others are so nerrr!! spank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:28 am

A bit harsh guys but ya point is well taken. It would be nice to know where they come from, maybe "real" first name and what gear they use. But we are a free forum and people can't be forced to release information.
Also, and I can't speak for the rest of the management team, I personally don't think it is wise to stop guests from viewing the forum or even force being a registered user. It would be good to see the numbers grow but I really don't think we need to go down that road.
This is just my opinion and I'm sure the other managment team guys will have their say on this subject.

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:38 am

well , it would be mad to make people fill in the information. You want less barriers to people getting involved in the forum not more.

also its everyone's right how much information they give out online. I personally would prefer an active member who was careful with their personal information than no member at all. With some of the fuckwits you get cyber stalking e.t.c I can see why people become carefully about the information they give out.

the guests only getting so many views wont work. The idea is to get the forum used and read as an information resource. Take that away its like a private members club. some will participate. some wont. I know a number of people including my housemate who reads the forum every night but does not register and participate. Thats their choice and why not let them keep it!

themrburns (sam by the way lol)

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 4:45 pm

Hello Mr Sam Bytheway Very Happy - do you have a cousin called Onmeway or are you related to
that rude Russian bloke called Getoutmeway and his family called Pissoffay PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete 2225825816 Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 4:46 pm

haha yeah i am posting quite blunt today :)

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 4:56 pm

James Blunt - now there's a bloke i'm glad to see & hear the back of, what a whiney little prick he was.

:rolf:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:13 pm

sam -how cum u made manager of the forum?PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete 1098768216

How much did it cost u?PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete 2236709246

Is she worth it?PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete 2225825816

regardsPROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete 3948925579

oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:16 pm

lol been on the magegment team for a while. I tend to get on with the rest of the team and offer sensible suggestions lol!

Did not cost me a thing. Pete even buys me beer. oh shit !

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:34 pm

Now ya just had to tell em didnt ya Razz Razz

Just for the record, i dont drink and i wont stand for it in me hoose either lweg chin chin kwdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:39 pm

pete and the speciman would make a good prospectin pair---lot of drinkin and a bit of tecting

regards

Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by the speciman Sun 25 Mar 2012, 8:47 pm

ease up ray i havent had a drink for the last ten minutes
didnt go for a scratch today went fishin instead got a coupla snappers around 500mm and a 750mm trout whoo hooo
also it rained for about 2 hours out at wandoo b
ah shit just gave away me fishin spot (60klms offshore) dont tell anybody!!!!!!!!!!
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by the speciman Sun 25 Mar 2012, 8:52 pm

ps i agree with cliff and sam a little info is enough too much spoils the fun.
and if people know exactly who ya are they will stalk and follow ya (it has happened)
good scratchin
cheers the speciman (GAZ)

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Diver Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:00 pm

Just ask Stoppsy about that,
If I remember correctly, someone hassled him through Youtube. Stoppsy can elaborate.

People who are regular contributors on any forum will make themselves known to each other.
I wouldn't want my name and date of birth available to the entire net. Especially when it involves gold.
(Bastards aren't taking my gold) PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete 729094268

GD

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:29 pm

Very Happy Hey Speciman

Ya wouldnt want to get stalked from behind ay cobber Razz Razz Ouch! affraid

That trout sounds good, ged er on the BBQ Laughing

On the thread subject: its a free world, if ya wanna be anonymous thats an option, Profiles are just a way
of showing a bit of info and maybe insight into what type a forum front ya want, but putting up the gear
you use is a plus for other members....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 6:15 am

I reckon it's OK the way it is.

Just look what happened to a certain other forum when the management becomes dictatorial.

Robert(real name)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:23 am

goldnomad wrote:I reckon it's OK the way it is.

Just look what happened to a certain other forum when the management becomes dictatorial.

Robert(real name)

Aint that true Razz Razz Razz no goose steppin goin on here..

Pete (Real name: Click Click M'boto) chicken George for short. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 3:58 pm

goldnomad wrote:I reckon it's OK the way it is.

Robert(real name)

There will be no potatoe's on penis's here.... Embarassed I mean "dic-tators" whgirt

I agree with the guys, if I joined a place where you had to fill in heaps of info I would not be joining either.

Cheers Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:15 pm

not askin u to fill in a summary of your life but fair dimkin apethy shows when your location is "out bush" ya town would have been real hard I suppose..
I'm over it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:21 pm

hahahaha Go an open a bottle of Red Ray kwdf the sweet elixir of life :rolf:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Diver Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:25 pm

oneday69 wrote:not askin u to fill in a summary of your life but fair dimkin apethy shows when your location is "out bush" ya town would have been real hard I suppose..
I'm over it.

Oh don't be like that Oneday.
Sometimes an alter-ego is better than meeting the real person anyhow.

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:50 pm

oneday69 wrote:not askin u to fill in a summary of your life but fair dimkin apethy shows when your location is "out bush" ya town would have been real hard I suppose..
I'm over it.

I totally get your point , the point i made earlier in this thread was simply that because of idiots on forums people can get nervous about posting personal information. because of my background im not bothered. others might be .

anyway im sam lol :) i live in perth near inaloo lol , use a 5000 gpx , learning extreme settings from a mate who will go unnamed.

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Mar 2012, 6:17 am

"Detectors and coils used: the moon machine. Its really good at getting moon stuff!"

Sam the Moon Walker

Robert

PROFILES--Whats the point if they r incomplete Parschuteovermoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next