Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WA Tenements on Ipad / Iphone.

3 posters

Go down

WA Tenements on Ipad / Iphone. Empty WA Tenements on Ipad / Iphone.

Post by Blueapps Sun 25 Mar 2018, 2:27 pm

Great news everyone,

We finally got the IOS, Iphone and Ipad version of the Happy prospector up and released by Apple today, so you should now be able to find it in the App store on Itunes.

Its been a long road but the testing for the last few weeks has proven pretty stable and initial testing by the Beta Testers of the release version has had positive feedback. I will ask them to post some feedback on the various forums and Facebook when they get a chance.

IOS Version is only available as Pro version, so it includes:

Goldmines
Tenements
GPS Location and Basic tracking as well

Future versions will also possibly include:
Graticular blocks,
Waypoints
Direction to Waypoint,
and we are currently working on getting some better quality maps (if all goes well)

Looks great on the new Ipads.

We have had it running and testing on Iphone, 6,7,8X as well as the new 12.3Ipad and a couple of other Ipads but not sure which models as yet.

Regards

BlueApps Support
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

WA Tenements on Ipad / Iphone. Empty Re: WA Tenements on Ipad / Iphone.

Post by Nanjim Tue 27 Mar 2018, 12:01 pm

I will be down loading the app next week
When l get back to Perth and a more reliable internet.....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty gates Sat 19 May 2018, 3:15 pm

Hi BlueApps

I'm interested to find out more about WA Tenements for my Ipad Air, as I can't run Tengraph on my Ipad.

What information does WA Tenements display and can I use it 'offline', as my Ipad only works off a WiFi connection, which isn't always available when I'm out in the bush.

Thanks in advance

regards
rusty ...

rusty gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Mon 28 May 2018, 2:48 pm

Hi Rusty,

If your Ipad has a GPS (normally it will have a GPS if it has the capability to have a SIM card installed) then the App should work on it.

The only internet the App needs is to download and update the data. When using the map function and displaying the tenement data it is totally offline, so the data is only as accurate as the last download.

We have just released a Mandatory update for the Apple/IOS (iPhone&iPad) version to fix some reported bugs. The most critical one was that the datafile was getting corrupted on some devices and then no longer being updated even tho the user was downloading a new file. So it is Critical that users update to the latest version. Updates are Free. Due tot he Data corruption issue on some devices we recommend that users actual uninstall/delete the old version first so that all the files are deleted. then download it again from the app store and re-install.

The latest version now gives you the Date of the data file you are using so you know the data is up to date.

BlueApps.
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty gates Mon 28 May 2018, 6:14 pm

Hi BlueApps

Thanks for the info. My ipad doesn't have a SIM card but I think it has a GPS in it because I was using a free maps app while we were away and it knew where I was located when we were out the back of Cue (no internet or wifi where we were).

Does the app show the same sorts of information that can be found on Tengraph???

regards
Russell...

rusty gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Mon 28 May 2018, 7:29 pm

Hi Rusty,

If your iPad doesn't have a SIM card then I'm about 90% sure it won't have a GPS.

When you were using free maps, could you use tracking and see where you were?

You can also open the "Maps" App that is on most iPads, and it will show your position with a blue dot. Then tap the bottom button and go to settings and put the device in Flight mode - if there is a GPS installed then the your position will still be shown by a blue dot and it will still track where you are. If not the dot will go grey (normally). If you go for a drive with it in flight mode it wont know where you are unless there is a GPS. (at least that is what I understand the case to be.)

I've tried pairing an old iPad with my iPhone and also with a Garmin GPS but without success, however I have been told it can be done.

Regards

BlueApps
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty gates Mon 28 May 2018, 7:35 pm

Hi BlueApps

I never used the tracking option with the free maps on my ipad, but I did plan a route from where we were located, to Meekatharra and it gave me directions, etc....that's why I thought it had a GPS in it.

I'll check tomorrow and try putting it into Flight mode....I'll let you know what I find.

Rusty...

rusty gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down