Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

+26
Blueapps
Nightjar
hippyty
gut feeling
Sandygold
Tekema2
Chiv
red devil
Woteva
Goldendaze
mada
steptoe
Selfy
Nanjim
Bada Bing
Charlie 59
gim
Vivace
Pebbles
captain
goldstrijk
Detectist
Bignuggs
pilbarachad
IsmaelJ
Moneybox
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR Empty THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Post by Moneybox Thu 09 Feb 2017, 1:44 pm

Hi Guys,

Has anybody tried The Happy Prospector App for Android. I've just got a Samsung tablet with GPS but it won't take Geomap so I need to try another option.

Phil

Back to top Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR Empty Re: THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Post by IsmaelJ Fri 10 Feb 2017, 6:42 pm

Get OziExplorer for Android. Only around $30 and runs all ozi maps and easy to use. I"ve been using it since it first came out and it is grat, I load all the DMP maps and Auslig stuff. Have to get from OziExplorer website not available from Appstore. Hope this helps...

IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Fri 10 Feb 2017, 6:55 pm

I use oziexplorer and love it but havent been able to suss out getting DMP maps with current tenements on there. I actually bought happy prospector app a few days ago and it seems pretty good, its great that with a click of a button you get the tenements updated, 20 bucks well spent i reckon. Using a GPS mapping system when you are out and about definately makes life so much easier, not sure why i didnt start doing it earlier.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 11 Feb 2017, 12:56 pm

Hi Phil,
what model samsung do you have. a few months back I got a Galaxy TabPro S, geomap works on it but I haven't tried the GPS function yet.
Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Detectist Sat 11 Feb 2017, 4:15 pm

I think Geomap is a Windows application rather than Android.

I also got The Happy Prospector. Looks good. Unless you buy the annual or another subscription you may not be able to flag locations nor have the tenements show their numbers.

Detectist

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sat 11 Feb 2017, 11:28 pm

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Geomap needs Microsoft frame 4 to operate. I dont think it can be made work on the Android.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 13 Feb 2017, 6:33 pm

Moneybox wrote:I've got the Samsung Galaxy Tab A.  Geomap needs Microsoft frame 4 to operate. I dont think it can be made work on the Android.

I'm not sure about the Tab A, mine has Windows 10 installed on it, probably why I can get GeoMap.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Fri 17 Feb 2017, 1:24 pm

Hi Phil the Happy prospector will work on the Tablet.

Regards

Kurk

Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Fri 17 Feb 2017, 9:38 pm

Thanks Kurk , I was meant to be heading out prospecting with friends on the upcoming long weekend but it's been called off. Looks like we're not going far till April but it looks like i'll be loading up The Happy Prospector before we go.

Back to top Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR Empty Reply with quote Re: THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Post by goldstrijk Sat 18 Feb 2017, 5:12 am

GeoMap
I went through this some months ago trying to load on my Android tablet
Rang the DMP and was told GeoMap is only compatible with Windows OS
So bought a Windows 10 tablet and GeoMap works fine
Regards Peter

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:51 am

Yes Goldstick is right.

Geomap will ONLY work on a Windows based PC/Laptop/Table.

On a Mac OS you can if you run the Windows platform as well.

The Happy prospector, works on Android and gives you your position and the tenements is paid over the top of the basic map.

LM

captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Tue 21 Feb 2017, 2:56 pm

Hi Goldstrijk;

What Windows based tablet did you get and how easy is the screen to read in normal daylight?

I would be interested to get an opinion from anyone else who is using a tablet to run Geomap.

As a matter of interest, today I spoke with a chap from DMP regarding the release of the new version of GeoMap. He wasn’t really sure when it might be released and seemed to suggest that it wouldn’t be that different from the current version. The new version has fixed some bugs and includes a couple of new features. Thanks.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Wed 22 Feb 2017, 5:40 am

Hi Col
I got mine from Pocketronics, Pendo 10", Windows 10, approx $200 delivered from the East
Also got a Logitech WiFi keyboard and mouse from Woollies for approx $39 and a windscreen dashboard mount from Hong Kong for $10 delivered
Very happy with the setup, haven't used it in the ute yet, so don't know how the light affects the screen, but I think no matter what screen you have the sunlight will affect it to some extent
Regards Pete

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Thu 23 Feb 2017, 7:12 am

Pete, thanks for that. I see that Officeworks are selling the tablet and keyboard for $248. I'll drop in and have a look at it.
From what I can gather, this tablet appears not to have built in GPS, so I guess you would need to use it with an external GPS dongle.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Thu 23 Feb 2017, 2:41 pm

Col
That's a good price from Officeworks
Mine hasn't got an inbuilt GPS either, so I use a GPS Dongle, works spot on
Regards Pete

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivace Thu 23 Feb 2017, 4:46 pm

Thanks for the info, read, on our way back to Melbourne from Gippsland. Stopped at Officeworks and bought one to replace a Netbook. Hope to install Ozi ex as well, which we have used since they began, also use on Android. Cheers, Vivace

Vivace

Back to top Go down

Post by gim Sun 19 Mar 2017, 4:21 am

i have the happy prospector on my Samsung tablet, what a piece of crap, can only get a map of Australia, not much info coming from the app maker.. very unhappy prospector ..... THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR 729094268
gim
gim

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 19 Mar 2017, 7:51 am

gim wrote:i have the happy prospector on my Samsung tablet, what a piece of crap, can only get a map of Australia, not much info coming from the app maker.. very unhappy prospector ..... THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR 729094268

gim I take it you've contacted the supplier?

Lucky for me you got in first. I also have the Samsung A tablet and have intended to load this app. I'd better hang on to see if you can get it sorted out. I've been fiddling around with Geoview. It works fine but as soon as you leave the internet it's gone so that's a waste of time.

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie 59 Sun 19 Mar 2017, 9:09 am

Hi Phil ,
         I'm not right into it but I think Geoview is for online & Geomap is for out bush , off line.

Cheers  Ray

Charlie 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 19 Mar 2017, 9:44 am

Charlie 59 wrote:Hi Phil ,
         I'm not right into it but I think Geoview is for online & Geomap is for out bush , off line.

Cheers  Ray

Yes you're right Ray but Geomap won't work on Android. That's where I'm hoping the Happy Prospector will do the job.

Back to top Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR Empty Happy Prospector App

Post by Blueapps Sun 19 Mar 2017, 9:46 am

gim wrote:i have the happy prospector on my Samsung tablet, what a piece of crap, can only get a map of Australia, not much info coming from the app maker.. very unhappy prospector ..... THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR 729094268

Hi Gim,

Firstly... The App is for Western Australia, using Western Australian Mines Department Data to show you the Live and Pending Tenements.

Its not intended for use anywhere else and can't be used anywhere else as its based on WA's data, so its pretty pointless providing maps of anywhere else.

As for not much info coming from the App maker. I've had four reports of problems with the App not working on a specific device which we are still working on those issues trying to resolve. If you have a problem with the App not working talk to the developer (me) and we will try and resolve it. Just jumping on a chat forum and bagging the xxxx out of it doesn't do anything to help improve it. I've even added a couple of them to the Beta program so we can make changes and get them tested on peoples devices that have had problems, but I don't know if your one of those people or not.

There are contact details in the app to contact me as well as on our website, and I have responded to every inquiry I've had both on the website and from Google Play.

The App has been installed on over 20 tablets, with 15 of them being 10" or above, since being released and our beta testers were using Samsung Tablets as well.

I have been working with one customer who was running it on a Samsung Galaxy to make it work better on tablets and have released one updated version with the map being displayed in Landscape rather than portrait for better display, and will be releasing another one in the next few weeks with more improvements.

BlueApps.
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Sun 19 Mar 2017, 9:53 am

Charlie 59 wrote:Hi Phil ,

Cheers  Ray

Hi Ray,

Yes you are correct.

Geoview is an ONLINE map Viewing web based application that only requires an internet connection to work... So it will work on Android, Mac or PC

GeoMap is a WINDOWS only based program that is loaded onto your PC and is used OFFLINE and does not  require the internet to work BUT does require internet to update the data.

The Happy Prospector was created by me for Android, and I am still working on the IOS version to fill the gap and provide a simple interface for WA prospectors with real time positional information using their Android smart phone or tablet device  to show their current position on a basic map with the ability to overlay the Western Australian Department of Mines Tenement Data so the user knows if they are on a live or pending tenement

Plus more as we can get it done.

BLueApps
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 19 Mar 2017, 10:04 am

Thanks BLueApps for clarifying that. We'll be heading off soon so hopefully we'll have your app up and running. We have a small Samsung Tablet "A" with GPS, as long as that is suitable.

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivace Sun 19 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

I installed The Happy Prospector" on a Samsung Tab 4 and it appears to run as described.  Shows WA Tenements and GPS clearly shows me at home in Vic.so quite happy it is efficient at its advertised task.
Re the Pento running Win 10, I had Oziexplorer running with all maps on an SD card, but was not happy with the battery. Even when in aeroplane mode and tablet turned off the battery would go flat overnight & the clock lost time, the battery remaining warm to touch. It has been returned and I am awaiting delivery of an HP x2 10" to replace it and will try Geo Map when Ozi (the beast I know) is working. Vivace.

Vivace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bada Bing Sun 19 Mar 2017, 3:09 pm

I have the happy prospector app. I contacted the developer with a query - my tablet is positioned on my sunvisor in my rig so it can only go landscape. Kurk emailled back the same day and now I am a beta tester for the app which is good fun. He solved the problem the same day. I have the samsung galaxy S (8 inch) and my mate has the samsung 10.1 inch. Both work fine. Just been out bush and tested again.
It is pretty much idiot proof, turn on, press download data - which gets the lastest DMP tengraph data and then hit map screen. Shows where you are.
It's not Oziexplorer, but a very quick and easy tool to use.  
Cheers
Gary

Bada Bing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next