Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for whinge

5 posters

Go down

Time for whinge  Empty Time for whinge

Post by mada Sat 03 Mar 2018, 3:45 pm

With my job I travel lots around 70,000 k's per year through the Pilbara, south west and Kimberley (life of a travelling salesman). I do a Pilbara trip starting from home base through to Hedland then down the Great/N hwy 5300Km round trip. Along this journey I see and make note of a lot of awesome looking ground, there are times I just wish I could wander around to kill a few hours and maybe ping a nugget. But alas can do it because of lease's, fences and the fear of pi55ing people off and getting into a barney.

My one Biggest pet hate are all these leases just sitting there idle doing nothing in the name of "exploration" people sitting in Perth and other cities just hoping one day someone comes along and wants to buy the lease. There are lots of things that pi55 off these days but this is my number one. Yes i know you can do a 40E or contact them for permission. Why the frigen hell cant I go and have a swing for a few hours. It makes my blood boil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know there is pending ground that can be accessed etc etc but thats not the point and a lot of these can be off the beaten track. If its a Exploration lease it should be fair game. There area I visit has around 10 Explorations leases, in the last 2 years Nothing in the way of exploration has been done, other than the lease holder spending a week up there on the grog, for which by the way gets written off as expenditure. Because of this I cant even peg my own lease unless I put a lease over his. Arrrrrrg ok thats my sook I will get back in my hole.

mada

Back to top Go down

Time for whinge  Empty Re: Time for whinge

Post by pilko Sun 04 Mar 2018, 7:29 am

It's ok mate....as I have been finding out of late...we all whinge more when we get older!!

so....do the work.....prove that they are telling fibs on their form 5's and plaint them.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by cueite Sun 04 Mar 2018, 8:06 am

me also dont mind the p rivate lease holders its the big boys i hate i know for a fact where i live no one has been for years and they get away with it and wont let you on and they stop you and say your trespasing and your only passing through makes my blood boil the older i get the worse i get and now we are going to get the tererists who follow me and park next to me still might do stamp collecting cheers to all john

cueite

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Sun 04 Mar 2018, 12:05 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing whinging more as we get older, How bloody true!!!!!!!!!!!!! should have seen my dad before he passed away What a Face What a Face i fear the same fate.

Me also got no issue with joe blow Prospecting leases, and yes the big boys get away with it. And by big boys I mean the Mega companies, Lease managers, Geologists etc.

My feeling is if you can afford to hold several E leases then you should have enough funds to carry out ligament exploration exercises, if its not carried out within a year of being granted then they must had it back. They can re-apply but must go through the pending period again.

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 04 Mar 2018, 7:18 pm

Whinge time ? where do I start.  I'm fed up with hair growing out of my ears and nose faster than it grows on my head and I won't mention other parts  Razz
I''ve had enuff of the aches and pains, I want my young joints back lol!
As for lease holders/companies, bugger me, where can ya start with that lot.  The WA governments have a lot to answer for when it comes to companies sitting on ground and doing nothing but my main concern at the mo is the pastoral lease holders and the BS they are trying.
Had my whinge, I need another coldie  kwdf   lweg
Cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2018, 5:27 am

Yep its a one way trip alright, used to wonder why old blokes were so angry all the time Mad , and now I know Laughing so I like to always have my medication on hand drunken, unfortunately pretty much everything agitates me these days so judging by the responses I am not alone.

Its always has been a bugbear of mine that companies tie up good ground and do sweet fa with it for years on end, while at the same time they deny others from using it, for one thing we are we are only wanting to detect the surface for nuggets that they have little or no interest in anyway as they are supposed to be after the big deep stuff, I think half the problem is that these company lease holders do their report to the mines department but no one actually goes out and verifies what they claim to have done, so of course the system is just taken advantage of, but I particularly hate foreign companies that are allowed to do this as well as we would never be allowed to do the same in their countries, so get off my island  Mad

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by cueite Mon 05 Mar 2018, 6:40 am

hi mada ive allways got a spare bed at my place in cue my wife passed away a few years ago so plenty of room i used to do a simular run left perth tuesday up to port hedland then down inland road before mt newman was on the go but that was driving for gascoyn traders no r/houses or bitumen no aircons dont know how i suvived used to get back to perth on sunday used to pay you for 21 hrs a day and expect 30 never mind beautiful country get home then the wife wants to go for a drive Evil or Very Mad

cueite

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Mon 05 Mar 2018, 6:49 am

cueite wrote:hi mada ive allways got a spare bed at my place in cue my wife passed away a few years ago so plenty of room  i used to do a simular run left perth tuesday up to port hedland then down inland road before mt newman was on the go but that was driving for gascoyn traders  no r/houses or bitumen no aircons dont know how i suvived used to get back to perth on sunday used to pay you for 21 hrs a day  and expect 30  never mind beautiful country  get home then the wife wants to go for a drive Evil or Very Mad

I here ya buddy it is a long slog and if one did not have an interest in our beautiful outback it would a harder slog yet. Sorry to hear about your wife its a hell of a thing to lose a life partner.
One can only imagine what the conditions were like without bitumen, I worked at Shay Gay early 80's and we drove a few times to perth but what a mission, still one of the most enjoyable times of my life . Got to get back and have a look one day oh and a swing lol Thanks for the offer one might just have to pop in.
Rob

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Mon 05 Mar 2018, 12:04 pm

Oddly enough, only last week, I had an APLA member contact me about expenditures on leases. In this case, his was a Prospecting Licence. He has all his leases in his company name and not in his own name but he is nevertheless a small operator.

The ironic part of this is that he was caught up by an Expenditure Audit net that APLA has been demanding since Paddy Hannan was in Kalgoorlie. We have often complained, as you guys have here, that companies are not being audited enough to prove they spent the money. So DMIRS started tightening up last year and bingo - one of our own was caught in the net! DMIRS do actually try to stay away from tenements in private hands but those in corporate names are all fair game.

It seems we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. However, some owners have lost leases as result of these audits when they couldn't prove to a qualified auditor that the money had been spent. BTW - if you ever get caught up in these audits its YOU that has to pay for the auditor, not DMIRS. Cost for a small lease is about $2,000.00.

W

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down