Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Sunday Dumb question ?

+3
albo
Biggest Kev
Young Simmo
7 posters

Go down

My Sunday Dumb question ? Empty My Sunday Dumb question ?

Post by Young Simmo Sun 31 Jul 2016, 3:17 pm

Can somebody please find the 6 Mile at Sandstone and give me the exact Co-Ords for it? I spent 10 months there back in the mid 1990s as a well paid caretaker, and had a lot of luck. I have been searching Google Earth and I can't put my finger ( Err Cursor ) on it. Actually I bought my first SD 2000 while there and paid for it in 2 weeks. Gold was 500 bucks and I found 10 Ozs very quickly. The SD was $2900 then and I went from a 16000.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

My Sunday Dumb question ? Empty My muck up

Post by Young Simmo Sun 31 Jul 2016, 3:18 pm

OOooops The SD was $4900.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

My Sunday Dumb question ? Empty Re: My Sunday Dumb question ?

Post by Biggest Kev Sun 31 Jul 2016, 4:18 pm

Hi Simmo,
Six Mile Co - Ords 28 05 367s 119 20 145e the track in off Menzies Road is 28 04 482s 119 20 745e

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Sun 31 Jul 2016, 4:39 pm

Thanks Biggest Kev, I just found it complete with the 8 monstrous big ponds, sure looks different after 20 years, but they were happy days.
Cheers Mate.
It was Dozed, Scraped, Dryblown, and Detected and Heap Leached, and I reckon they only scraped the surface. If anybody can still get in there, go for it there must be heaps of the stuff 2 to 3 feet down that the 1980s detectors missed.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 31 Jul 2016, 10:16 pm

Yep sorry simmo i was crossthreaded also that night , i was thinking afterwards & its sutho i was thing of , i was close i spose. Any how about that heap leach operation , i used to visit that plant now n then & service hire gensets round 1992 or so & there was metalergist or mining engineer boss called peter i think at the time, any how he left & went to Bamboo ck in the pilbara, so you may have came after that, cheers mate
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Mon 01 Aug 2016, 4:10 pm

Yeh albo, that was a good 10 months for us although, when I found it on Google Earth the other night it is just the 8 ponds and our camp donger and all the other buildings etc are gone, but that just proves that Google do update their photo information from time to time.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 04 Aug 2016, 7:33 pm

Biggest Kev wrote:Hi Simmo,
               Six Mile Co - Ords  28 05 367s 119 20 145e the track in off Menzies Road is 28 04 482s  119 20 745e

Cheers Kev

hi kev, with the co ordinates is that 28 deg 05 min 36.7 secs as there is only 60 secs to a min? same as 119 20 145? or 14.5
cheers
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelJ Thu 04 Aug 2016, 8:37 pm

martinjsto wrote:
Biggest Kev wrote:Hi Simmo,
               Six Mile Co - Ords  28 05 367s 119 20 145e the track in off Menzies Road is 28 04 482s  119 20 745e

Cheers Kev

hi kev, with the co ordinates is that 28 deg 05 min 36.7 secs as there is only 60 secs to a min? same as 119 20 145? or 14.5
cheers

Degrees and Minutes Not Degrees Minutes and seconds
IsmaelJ
IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:28 pm

Actually the exact Google Earth co-ords are as follows, and if you zero in you will see all the action on the ground I described earlier.
28°05' 13.03" S
119°20' 22.43" E
When I was caretaking, the 8 ponds were all still active and producing, but I spent a lot of time finding slugs and bits the detectorists 20 years earlier had walked over or around. Or maybe the diggers and dryblowers had missed. I reckon there will still be heaps there if you can sneak in. If anybody has any of that Mines Dept guff, I would be curious to know as to whether it is available. At 76 and living in Carnarvon, I wont be going there.
Good luck.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri 05 Aug 2016, 7:41 am

IsmaelJ wrote: Degrees and Minutes Not Degrees Minutes and seconds

You've got it Ismael.

My Sunday Dumb question ? 6_Mile

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 05 Aug 2016, 6:59 pm

cheers guys. sounds like a good area for a SDC.
Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Fri 05 Aug 2016, 9:04 pm

The part of the pic that shows is of Bulchina, not six mile., you have to click on the image to get the full view, I believe that the current leaseholder is not very friendly towards detectorists.

Last edited by shorty on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting post.)
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down