Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GeoMaps training - start to finish.

+4
clodhopper
Bignuggs
mark409
toad
8 posters

Go down

GeoMaps training - start to finish. Empty GeoMaps training - start to finish.

Post by toad Tue 23 Feb 2016, 6:03 pm

I'm not sure how many forum members are in the Midwest region but I am looking for expressions of interest in attending a evening course on Geomaps. It would be run in Geraldton somewhere.

The course would cover how to install the program, all the relevant maps, how to download the current tennements at any particular time and then how to create GeoMap projects with the various overlays, live GPS tracking and how it will improve your prospecting.

There would be a monetary cost but at this time I would be unable to put an exact figure on it.

It's just a thought at this time and I would have to put the proposal to the relevant people, but I need to see if there is enough interest to "float the boat" so to speak.

If your interested, please respond to this post.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

GeoMaps training - start to finish. Empty Re: GeoMaps training - start to finish.

Post by mark409 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 6:10 pm

I,m for it Toad,
Depending on dates.
I,m good for first 2 weeks of march ,
If not then ,start of May.
mark409
mark409

Back to top Go down

GeoMaps training - start to finish. Empty Re: GeoMaps training - start to finish.

Post by toad Tue 23 Feb 2016, 6:35 pm

Thanks Mark409, would be probably around May if we can get enough interested. I saw an overview of this at the APLA meeting at Ora Banda last year and it is well worth learning and let's face it, at $50 odd per gram, it doesn't take long to pay for itself. Razz
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 23 Feb 2016, 6:35 pm

APLA members should have received an email today regarding Geomap training.
Initially it will be held in Perth but seems the Mandurah branch are keen to get in on it also.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Tue 23 Feb 2016, 7:00 pm

Unfortunately we are just that bit further away from Perth. I would love to get down there to attend the course they have set up but I just can't make it.

I would love to be able to make it worth their efforts to run a course here in Gero. Accomodation wouldn't be a problem. We just need to get the numbers.

It will be interesting to see just how many Midwesterners we have I guess. Even if we don't get enough to warrant a course in Geomaps, we may be able to get together for a beer or two somewhere.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by clodhopper Wed 24 Feb 2016, 10:52 pm

greetings Toady,count me in!Still long time no see.

clodhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:33 am

Bignuggs wrote:APLA members should have received an email today regarding Geomap training.
Initially it will be held in Perth but seems the Mandurah branch are keen to get in on it also.

Apologies if I've caused some confusion.  I should have also said the email was sent to members of the Perth branch of APLA. It didn't go out to everyone.

Cheers
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:39 am

depending on the date i would be keen as well, early may is good.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

GeoMaps training - start to finish. Empty GEO TRAINING - START TO FINISH

Post by Ian226 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 9:59 am

I will be interested if held in Perth or Mandurah as Geraldton bit too far from Allanson. Have not heard from Apla at moment but I am under Mandurah branch. Will be out bush next couple of weeks so after that fine with plenty of notice.

Ian

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Fri 26 Feb 2016, 8:25 pm

Bignuggs wrote:
Bignuggs wrote:APLA members should have received an email today regarding Geomap training.

Apologies if I've caused some confusion.  I should have also said the email was sent to members of the Perth branch of APLA. It didn't go out to everyone.

Cheers

It would be nice if the invitation was spread a little wider. Some of us might choose to travel so that we can learn as well.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanjim Fri 26 Feb 2016, 9:33 pm

G'Day , toad,

I would be interested in doing this trading as well...
Had to knock back the training session with Perth APLA as it doesn't fit my work ..
Gero is not that far to go for some training ...

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Wed 02 Mar 2016, 9:30 pm

Well it doesn't look like we can scrape up enough interest to warrant the relevant people coming to Gero to run a training course. We would have needed 8 to 10 people to make it worth their while.

As above, APLA are assisting in running courses in Perth, and subsidizing the cost to members to the tune of $15.

Due to the interest shown, they have put on at least one more training night and I have managed to get a start on the 10th March.

I guess if anyone in the Midwest wants to do the course, they contact Kurk Brandstater at perpres@apla.com.au. He may be able to give you dates where and when he will be putting courses on.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:52 am

Just got back from Perth where I attended the Geomaps training course run by Kurk Brandstater.
A really informative and useful course to attend and bound to give dividends in the future.
If you get a chance to do the course I'd thoroughly recommend it.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down