Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40E's versus Company Permisissions

+2
AussieAU
Bignuggs
6 posters

Go down

40E's versus Company Permisissions Empty 40E's versus Company Permisissions

Post by Bignuggs Wed 15 Jul 2015, 6:03 pm

Simple question or maybe not.
How many times have you applied for 40E's and been knocked back.  I'd be interested to know.
Is it better to deal direct with the company ? or just go apply at the DMP for your 40E's and hope for the best.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

40E's versus Company Permisissions Empty Re: 40E's versus Company Permisissions

Post by AussieAU Wed 15 Jul 2015, 6:23 pm

Bignuggs wrote:Simple question or maybe not.
How many times have you applied for 40E's and been knocked back.  I'd be interested to know.
Is it better to deal direct with the company ? or just go apply at the DMP for your 40E's and hope for the best.

The company cant' knock you back on a 40e they can only exclude you from a certain small area that they have a drill rig on while working, that's why for $25 for a maximum of 10 blocks is money well spent.

Some pastoralists will try and give you some exclusion areas as well which they can do within reason, but if there request is unreasonable you just have to notify your intentions as per WA miners right.

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:01 pm

just go further north & get in for your chop , all that stuff is to pacify the kal , Murchison mob ... to an extent , big country out there. jeez you can spend a month & not see or hear anyone ... bliss.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva Fri 17 Jul 2015, 9:31 am

Over the past four years I have applied for numerous 40E's and have never had one knocked back.
A few years back in the Mines Dept. Mt Magnet I asked the question "How many applications for 20a's (as they were called then) were knocked back", the girl serving me at the time said something along the lines of "I've been here for 2+ years and haven't seen one refused"
I like to do it by the books and not have to be constantly looking over my shoulder

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Fri 17 Jul 2015, 4:35 pm

i have contacted the mining company directly to get on a E lease that i'm getting to next week, and the head geo said go for it without written permission.
now i'm very confident it won't happen but without written permission if somebody tries to boot me it would be a lot easier to argue my case with a signed piece off paper then to name drop.
so i guess the security off a 40e is one less thing to worry about and i would have gone that way but the 21 day settling period wouldn't have helped my cause.
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky Fri 17 Jul 2015, 4:49 pm

Jase

Where you are going you wont have a problem its a Iron Ore company

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 17 Jul 2015, 5:01 pm

I do have a reason for asking the question.  I've never been knocked back by a mining company or a pastoral lease owner yet, but as we have seen in a previous post, a pastoral lease owner seemed to be a bit difficult to deal with.  
I know we have to keep to the law of the land.  But, where do you draw the line if a certain party refuses to accept the law.
Do you ignore an unreasonable objection and exercise your legal right or do you stay out ?
There has to be give and take but when it's all take and no give, I'll exercise my legal right.
PS.  I should have changed the title of the question to further clarify.  Do you get 40E's or deal direct with the company and then let the pastoral lease know about the permission.  

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2015, 2:32 am

Bignuggs wrote:I do have a reason for asking the question.  I've never been knocked back by a mining company or a pastoral lease owner yet, but as we have seen in a previous post, a pastoral lease owner seemed to be a bit difficult to deal with.  
I know we have to keep to the law of the land.  But, where do you draw the line if a certain party refuses to accept the law.
Do you ignore an unreasonable objection and exercise your legal right or do you stay out ?
There has to be give and take but when it's all take and no give, I'll exercise my legal right.
PS.  I should have changed the title of the question to further clarify.  Do you get 40E's or deal direct with the company and then let the pastoral lease know about the permission.  

The upside of getting a 40E is that it will be approved but contacting the mining company does not guarantee that they will want to let you have access, even if it is your right to do so.

Also having a 40E and knowing who's area of interest you are on means that if some clown comes along huffing and puffing that you are on their ground you can confidently tell them to piss off, at least it gives you peace of mind and no looking over the shoulder all the time.

A letter or call to the pastoral lease holder is a courtesy really as they can not deny you permission to access and area but they can of course ask you to keep clear of areas if they are mustering or have shooters on the place, but that's common sense really, its easier to just let them know you are there to keep the peace, and if you have issues at least you can go to them for help.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down