Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

track condition

+8
Woteva
cruiser1
madmav
aussie18
Flouro
cueite
Tkinggold
david dj
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

track condition Empty track condition

Post by david dj Sat 04 Apr 2015, 12:28 pm

Happy easter to you all
Hoping to get up to cue meeka area in next week or so anyone know the track condition
thanks dave

david dj

Back to top Go down

track condition Empty Re: track condition

Post by Tkinggold Sun 05 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

Still pretty wet around Meeka. Most of the main gravel roads are still closed.
I was going to go out garden gully this morning but couldn't cause the Mt clere Rd is closed, so had to hang around town.

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by david dj Sun 05 Apr 2015, 5:48 pm

Thanks for the info might wait a couple more weeks

david dj

Back to top Go down

Post by cueite Sun 05 Apr 2015, 9:32 pm

all roads and tracks around cue are also closed never seen so much water 273 mils in the last three weeks and don't forget $1000 a tyre if you get bogged or cought three already gone down that track out of the van park and there is a big sign at the front as you drive out so no excuses , hi ron im back home in cue met tracy in Dongara said to say hello cheers john

cueite

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Mon 06 Apr 2015, 6:51 am

Hi John,

273mls,jees you should buy a boat, that's a lot of water for Cue it would take at least a week for that to dry up

Puddles at home can be driven thru but you try that out here and you could stay there for a week waiting for it to dry out enough just to get out of the bog and 20m away there will be another bog hole waiting for you

The ground is so hard when dry you wouldn't think it could be so bottomless when wet, for those that know stay well away but the foolhardy try there luck

Did you find all the gold in Noresman, we're over at Leonora watching all the grass grow everywhere

Ron, Sherri and Yoda

Last edited by Flouro on Mon 06 Apr 2015, 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Mon 06 Apr 2015, 7:34 am

looks like a lot more rain coming thru this week so may be a no go zone for a few weeks.
yep was one off those foolhardys last year, I was lucky only a hour digging and tree branching a track to get out, was lucky that we hit bedrock approx 18 inch down which is the only reason we got out quickly but it put the wind up me being 40 odd k's away from help.
take care anyone trying to get around out there,
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Mon 06 Apr 2015, 7:58 am

Have had nothing like that sort of rain here in Coolgardie, yet the ground is very damp and patchy as to how deep the tyres go, take care up there guys, should be around the Meekatharra area in about a month if anyone is keen to catch up
Happy hunting
Steve and Buddy
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Mon 06 Apr 2015, 11:44 am

Hi Dave.I am in the same boat,all packed and ready to go just waiting for tracks to improve around Cue/Meeka area.Just wondering as to whether Kal may be a better option in the mean time.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Mon 06 Apr 2015, 6:00 pm

Hi All,

We were in Kal last week and that's where we got bogged 4 times, it was very wet last week that's why we are in Leonora at the mo

The grass is a growin and the sun she's a shinin and 2.5gr today, what more could you ask for

Cheers ,Ron, Sherri and Yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva Mon 06 Apr 2015, 7:06 pm

Heading out in a fortnight,

With all this rain out in the goldfields maybe I should put off buying that new coil and buy a whipper-snipper instead - to go over the ground first??

The Pastoralists would have to have a smile on their face.

Woteva

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Mon 06 Apr 2015, 7:49 pm

G`Day Ron.Hope your enjoying the weather.Would you have any idea what the conditions up around Edjudina are like at the moment.
The feet are that itchy at the moment its hard not to take off.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue 07 Apr 2015, 6:46 am

Phone call to relevant council will give you road closures and conditions.

https://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/AboutMainRoads/OurRoleRegions/GoldfieldsEsperance/Pages/works-traffic-conditions.aspx
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:03 pm

Cue is a nightmare at the moment I just got back and even on my trusty dirtbike going cross country staying off the closed roads was a challenge-I have been going up there for years but have never seen it wet-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Tue 07 Apr 2015, 6:06 pm

Hi Phil,

We are on the western side of Leo at the mo but will be heading to the north eastern side soon, tracks are dry for us at the mo, although it is threatening to rain there has been only a few dribbles today

Cheers, Ron, Sherri and Yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Tue 07 Apr 2015, 6:08 pm

Hi Phil,

We are on the western side of Leo at the mo but will be heading to the north eastern side soon, tracks are dry for us at the mo, although it is threatening to rain there has been only a few dribbles today

Cheers, Ron, Sherri and Yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:27 pm

Gday Madmav
I should be in Mk in about a month, say first week in May if you wanna catch up. Did you end up getting those geo maps? If not i can bring my laptop and download them for u if you like.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:26 pm

Mate of mine is between Leonora & Leinster, he is still not venturing off the beaten track. Came across a bog hole where someone must have been buried for days. Diff deep ruts for about 30 metres.
To add to that they left behind their trusty detecting pick sticking out of the mud.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:36 pm

Hi Pete,

Wasn't me,One spot where we got bogged I had just refitted one side of the van springs and left behind an 19mm socket so it wasn't me

Totally dry out the west of Leonora so far, although the clouds have been threatening

Leo tomorrow to do the washing and get some more water, then east of Leo for a bit

Cheers ,
Ron,Sherri and yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Wed 08 Apr 2015, 6:46 pm

Hey mulgadansa, would be awesome to catch up for sure, could be as far away as 6 weeks for me, never did get the maps but ya get that
Take care and happy hunting
Steve and Buddy
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by cueite Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:24 am

hi ron and cherri, it will be the same here with the grass soon have bought a 2300 on the 4 th of march there was a fault with the headphone jack sent it back to the agent who sent it back to ml still have not got it back because I only used it for two hrs I reckon they should have replaced it anybody think different ? or should I wait for it to be repaired ? no ron the gold is still in norseman I allways got crook there so got fed up and came back to cue by myself now on a oxy machine but still finding that yellow rock chow john

cueite

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:23 am

a couple of days old and you would of thought they would replace the SDC but i guess it doesnt work that way with warranties. i too had a situation where the plug wouldnt stay put on my sdc, it didnt seem to click into place b ut as i used it more it came good, the clip must have been tight or something. the weather looks like it will clear up over the next week so I may head off soon to cue for a week.
good luck with the gold John, hope you keep fit enough to keep on swinging. Very Happy
Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cueite Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:36 pm

hi martin when you get up to cue look me up im in the van park cheers john

cueite

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:52 pm

cool John, i should be there around lunch time tomorrow. im in a white pajero towing a older jayco pop up van. i will drop in and say g'day
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Fri 10 Apr 2015, 7:01 am

Hi John,

I answered last night but it vaporised into cyber space so here goes again,I thought you were fit enough that you could absorb enough oxygen thru your skin you were that fit, you should try a mix, maybe a bit of happy gas(helium)

Seriously though I hope you keep fit enough to chase the yellow, will probably catch up later in the season as we will pass thru Cue at some stage

There is some after market gear for the SDC2300 that helps sought the thing out as I believe there is no harness or bungy and the cords are too short, should do well with it in CUE as I believe they are doing well with them in Leonora

Cheers,

Ron, Sherri and Yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by cueite Fri 10 Apr 2015, 7:24 am

gday ron should be ok in a weeks time they are getting me a oxy machine stick it in my back pack already got a little gold digger teed up yo, the mind boggles // another one bit the dust they dont learn the shire is making money this season passed all the signs got bogged shire came along $5000 please i wonder if they keep watering that patch? cheers you lot john

cueite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next