Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world has come to an end

5 posters

Go down

The world has come to an end Empty The world has come to an end

Post by Bignuggs Tue 03 Feb 2015, 12:01 pm

It's the big crash we didn't need, the human race or some of them will face extinction   lol!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/business/national/a/26186173/cadbury-chocolate-blocks-to-lose-a-row/

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

The world has come to an end Empty Re: The world has come to an end

Post by boobook Tue 03 Feb 2015, 3:45 pm

Don't worry about bloody Cadbury, .25% drop in the interest rate is putting paid to us too.

We worked friggin hard to make a retirement lifestyle out of investments not super.
Opal miners don't get much super, and we don't get any help from this piss ordinary mob either.

Last I heard the interest rate had to drop because the au$ was too high.
Now today it drops because the au$, together with fuel, is too low?

And to piss me right off, I aint got no X marks the spot for this winter either.
Bloke is sure goin to end up on the old "bush blush" Evil or Very Mad
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 4:03 pm

GEEZ mike i dont know whether to laugh or cry...u and cliff would make a good pair..

as we all well know if this game was easy then everyone would be out there.

i'd b surprised whether yah mate will be there in a couple of months.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Tue 03 Feb 2015, 4:35 pm

Hey Ray.
That budgie smugglin, push bike ridin, fish swimming, monkey walkin dork aint no mate of mine.

As my old Mum always said, what goes round surely come round. Cool
And goes for that pr1ckel also.
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 03 Feb 2015, 4:47 pm

This is serious stuff, it could destroy the economy.
We are talking about chocolate   Twisted Evil   For some people it's the end of the WORLD as they know it    The world has come to an end 1632602647
I predict we'll see people with a chocolate bar in one hand and a can of diet coke in the other.
I feel sorry for the poor buggers, I really do   The world has come to an end 1472621687

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm

maybe its time to invest in some shares that return u 8% plus..
surely that must be better than .5%..five parts of nothing.

the only good thing is that gold will trend skywards..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Tue 03 Feb 2015, 6:52 pm

I can never understand why retirees put their money into interest accounts. I never do. I hate banks and I never out my money into the clutches of such accounts. HOWEVER!! I invest in banks! So when you put money into an interest account, all I can say is 'Thank You". Cool

For close on 35 years I've had my money in the share market. I've had a few hidings over the years but I'm way in front at my age.

CBA - around 8% return just on dividends alone. That doesn't included capital appreciation.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 7:17 pm

what ever happens I'm iching to go bush full time.
So long as I have a rifle-a bit of fire wood, close to a water supply and a very good solar setup I reckon I can cope..i certainly don't need a TV--I'm over home and away. I just want to b away from home.

My kids have left, the dog passed away about 6 months ago and I'm still workin on the mrs.

bring on the revolution.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 7:27 am

CBA is around $80. but yes if u have term deposits as a retiree u will be below the poverty line unless u supplement yah income through prospecting and getting 20 odd ozs a year wont cut the grass either, so get some good advice and diversify...

do it befor its all gone.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Wed 04 Feb 2015, 7:49 am

Ray,

That's a dream that we all have. I tried it for about 4 years. Got out of the O&G game, on good money and just walked away from it. Went out full time with exactly that thought in mind,,,,,,,"do it before it's all gone". I had a great time but nearly went broke,,,,,,,,,,,,,within two years the gold price fell to USD250.00 an ounce. So,,,,,,,,,,back to the O&G game.

But nevertheless, it's a great dream and I can highly recommend it for the fun, for the freedom but most all doing it out there as a sole source of income, no dole etc, is the perfect way to remind ya how easy a full time job is. As big a drag as that "boring, shite hole job is", when it's been pissing down raining for ten days or the sun's burning yer back through yer shirt and you're under the ute in the shade at 10.00 am 'cos it's so effing hot,,,,,,,,,you can wish you were still had a regular job.

But would I do it again,,,,,,,,,bet ya ar*e I would!

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Wed 04 Feb 2015, 8:39 am

My 2013 return on CBA shares was $6.01, a return of 7.65% and that's ok.
Another investment is better, 2 more worse.
But one has to maintain a cash level for ongoing necessities and other opportunities, which is where term deposits fit in.

For instance a couple of years ago I bought 110000 Silver Mines (ASX SVL) for 0.09c and sold them at 0.37 after they peaked at 0.42c

So if you don't keep spare cash in worthwhile term deposits for these sort of spec. purchases, where does on park it?
Certainly not under the mattress. Sad
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Wed 04 Feb 2015, 8:40 am

Ooops.
my apology Bignuggs, getting the subject OT
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 9:12 am

Les
I think we have to think outside the box. joint ventures-tribute agreements and the like

mining companies own and pay the tenements outgoings ----the agreement that one puts in place isnt rocket science but it has to be seen as a good working relationship--remember I ran 1 past u--I will persist with it coz times are going to get harder.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Wed 04 Feb 2015, 10:32 am

oneday wrote:Les
I think we have to think outside the box. joint ventures-tribute agreements and the like

mining companies own and pay the tenements outgoings ----the agreement that one puts in place isnt rocket science but it has to be seen as a good working relationship--remember I ran 1 past u--I will persist with it coz times are going to get harder.

regards
oneday

Are we talking chocolate blocks, shares, banks here or are you on the wrong thread?

PS - I've got about 5 different types of "tribute agreements" on file here if you ever need one.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 04 Feb 2015, 11:57 am

boobook wrote:Ooops.
my apology Bignuggs, getting the subject OT
mike

I posted this subject as a bit of fun, I was bored again  Razz
and it doesn't really matter were it leads if it gives ya's something to talk about.  kwdf    The world has come to an end 3100332128

On the subject of term deposits, I've been checking out what some banks are offering and here's an example of what one bank has to offer.
deposit $100,000 with them for 12 months at 3.5% paid on maturity and you get a whopping $3500 back in interest.  bugger that.
another bank don't even state the interest rates for term deposits on their website but I suspect they are pretty much the same.
what annoys me most is that I'm with both the banks I checked.  
I'll be looking at other options and it won't be the stock market, it's too volatile.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacRob Fri 06 Feb 2015, 7:40 am

Wedgetail wrote:I can never understand why retirees put their money into interest accounts. I never do. I hate banks and I never out my money into the clutches of such accounts. HOWEVER!! I invest in banks! So when you put money into an interest account, all I can say is 'Thank You". Cool

For close on 35 years I've had my money in the share market. I've had a few hidings over the years but I'm way in front at my age.

CBA - around 8% return just on dividends alone. That doesn't included capital appreciation.

Yep, bank shares have seen good growth and income however there is a need to be cautious because we are in dangerous times with all the money printing around the world.

It depends on what stage of life you are at, if like me you are getting on a bit and there is a serious financial down turn you wont have the time to recover losses, unlike if you are still a young skin.

For me I will be patient and suffer the indignity that the central banks impose and I will have limited exposure to the share market at this time.

Just my opinion. Rob

MacRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan WA Sat 07 Feb 2015, 10:54 am

I reckon if you took 10000 or whatever its going to cost out of your term deposit and invested in the 7000 you should do better than 3%.

I dream about having a term deposit I could take 10000 out of... What a Face

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Sat 07 Feb 2015, 12:15 pm

Alan WA wrote:I reckon if you took 10000 or whatever its going to cost out of your term deposit and invested in the 7000 you should do better than 3%.

I dream about having a term deposit I could take 10000 out of... What a Face

Precisely, said Alice to the White Queen!

And that $10k on a new detector would probably lose in depreciation just a much as inflation would cost the term deposit! But your return on investment (ROI) would be much higher. Not to mention the fun!

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down