Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over night Trip

+5
madmav
purple-dragon
pilbara snapper
Banjo
Peaky
9 posters

Go down

Over night Trip  Empty Over night Trip

Post by Peaky Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:42 am

So Saturday morning I decided to head out for a swing

Left home at lunch time with the Kids car packed

Arrived at the spot just on 5 pm to find that other people have been camping and swinging in the same place ( all good )

The first thing my 11 Yo son said to me was

Dad look at all the Rubbish that other people have left here ?

There were 4 camp chairs about 40 cans and I don't know how many plastic plates all over the place

HOW HARD IS IT TO TAKE IT HOME

Gee I was p*ssed off

We found some Gold but won't be going back to this spot

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Over night Trip  Empty Re: Over night Trip

Post by Banjo Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:58 am

The sad reality is this kind of irresponsible act out in the bush seem's to be getting worse, people on 4WD forums are reporting the very same thing and all it does is give lot's of ammunition to the authorities that are hell bent on closing area's to the public.
I know these grubs come from all age groups but the majority i've read on 4WD forums seem to be the younger generation but in prospecting area's well the age demographic would tend to be older i guess.
It's time for a nationwide littering campaign funded by the federal government.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:22 pm

get rid of glass stubbies and a 20 cent refund on cans --see what gets left behind then..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbara snapper Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:01 pm

Yep totally agree with Ray, good old WA are still in the dark ages and your pollies are dinosaurs. When we first arrived in the pilbara my daughter said, hey dad, look at all the diamonds on the footpath......it was broken beer bottles !!
You dont find many cans out bush in SA.....not much gold either !

pilbara snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:19 pm

Yes guy's i'm right there with you on the banning of stubbies Very Happy
It would certainly make my walk through the South Hedland shopping centre carpark in my double pluggers less treacherous Over night Trip  729094268
Smashing stubbies seems to be a nightly sporting event.

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:32 pm

I`m forever throwing other peoples rubbish down old mineshafts Peaky and thats probably not the right thing to do either but I can`t stand seeing modern rubbish in the bush -I say modern because I like looking around the stuff the old timers left-funny how that works-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Mon 01 Dec 2014, 2:19 pm

Have to agree with you all, was one of the first things we noticed upon arriving in WA was the abundance of rubbish, it is in other states too but not as bad (of what I have noticed and seen), as for the age for leaving rubbish, am not so sure there is a typical age, just can't understand it, would hate to see how some of these people live in suburbia,,,, we regularly take the rubbish of others just to keep places as they should have been left in the first place, tis a disgrace and wish there was some way of policing it,,,,, ok that's my little rant lol
Happy hunting all
Steve, Lea and Buddy
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by wandwaver Mon 01 Dec 2014, 3:17 pm

Excellent topic. Littering is a big issue. Typical of the "don't care" attitude of many folk out there. Very sad indictment on modern society.

wandwaver

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 3:20 pm

g'day peaky, wasn't the spot where I met you out bush was it?, I noticed when last there in may [I think] there was a bit of trash around the place.
here we go I'll make some more friends here, if they ban stubbies I'd say that would be close to the end of my drinking days, I think all beers and spirits taste soooo much better in glass and near frozen. yes may break the odd one whilst chucking it under a tree for collection when heading home but pick up as much off the broken as possible.
make a good poll hey stub's vs tinnies
but after a few I'd drink just about anything[ like kracken straight out the bottle] hahaha
I think me missus would vote tinnies, she don't like diving into the freezer to find a left over broken stubby from the night before spewing out over everything.
hmm getting thirsty
cheers
jase

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky Mon 01 Dec 2014, 3:32 pm

Jase

Yep that's the spot

Looks real bad now

Yep I love beer out of Stubbies to but if I'm going out bush for a week I take cans so we don't have big bags of rubbish

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Mon 01 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm

Sorry guys ive been back and cleaned out that spot without tellen yaz Razz Razz
Hope yaz picked up me mess cheers drunken lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 4:35 pm

yeah 2 camp chairs and a few off those weird tree's with stubbies grown on them last time I was there lol!
I put a couple fella's on that spot geez 6+ months ago, newbies of this forum and who have not been on here for a long time.
I think 1 was running a x-terra and the other had a old tecky cannot remember what it was but he said he paid $2 for it at a garage sale.
thought to myself they won't do any harm on that spot but did not consider more people more rubbish, not saying it was them but....

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 01 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm

Banjo wrote:Yes guy's i'm right there with you on the banning of stubbies Very Happy
It would certainly make my walk through the South Hedland shopping centre carpark in my double pluggers less treacherous Over night Trip  729094268
Smashing stubbies seems to be a nightly sporting event. Darren

Mate that is a beautiful carpark when the sun is shining on it Razz just about blinds ya.
seems nothing has changed with it in the last 30 years lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Mon 01 Dec 2014, 8:33 pm

Bignuggs wrote:
Banjo wrote:Yes guy's i'm right there with you on the banning of stubbies Very Happy
Smashing stubbies seems to be a nightly sporting event.  Darren

Mate that is a beautiful carpark when the sun is shining on it Razz   just about blinds ya.
seems nothing has changed with it in the last 30 years   lol!  

Yes Cliff, the fresh glass just moves around the carpark, they must use a new area each night Laughing

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down