Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer down time

3 posters

Go down

Summer down time Empty Summer down time

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2014, 6:39 am

Yep that time of the year again and the temps have certainly let us know that summer is here and in for the long haul.

So time to take some advantage of the down time and start getting some well earned maintenance done to all of my gear.

This week I have started with the backhoe. Ripped the radiator out--what an effort that was--all cleaned and flushed out, dropped the oil and filter plus a new air filter to boot, just waiting for new bonnet struts and seal kits for the 3 rams that are leaking on the front attached to the bucket.

Once all that is done then try to find the leak in the aircon system--gotta be comfortable.--oh yeah fix the 2 way as well.

noticed that the rego plate is blocking some 20% of the radiator --so will relocate that part of the problem to get a lot more air into the oil cooler and the radiator.--Was toying with the idea of putting a thermo fan on the front as well just to give it an extra boost.

any how we will see how we go

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Summer down time Empty Re: Summer down time

Post by Topcat Fri 21 Nov 2014, 7:00 am

Hi Ray,

Looks like you're building up a bit of a thirst there!!!!!LOL
I bet the coldies go down well at knock off time.

Cheers

Ted

Ted

HAVE WHEELS WILL TRAVEL
Summer down time Signature
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2014, 7:12 am

YOUR NOT WRONG TED--EVERY ARVO THE FRIDGE IS NOW WELL STOCKED.

Just waitingto get me troopy back--didnt think putting window tint was such a hard job..must b wrong.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Fri 21 Nov 2014, 1:21 pm

Hi All,

My Summer project has been the trusty olde caravan, the suspension was gone as the axle was coming up and whacking the frame that holds the springs

On that note I raised the caravan by putting a frame under the van and remounting the springs onto the frame which gave another 100mm of travel for the axle and a bit more clearance from the ground

The thing is by putting a frame under the van which was only as long as the springs it tried to brake the camels back as the back and front of the van would bow over the frame, hence the door was beginning to come away from the frame

To fix this I got the right springs which took me from 7 leaf sliders to 9 leaf hangers and from 45mm to 60mm springs which are classed as off road springs, then I ripped out the old frame and continued the new 100mm A frame right thru to the back of the van

This gives us a 200mmx 50mm chassis which should lock up the frame from bending and the hanger springs give a little more height for ground clearance

I'm just waiting on some new cups for the wheel cylinders and bob's your uncle

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 21 Nov 2014, 8:26 pm

Uncle Ray, if 20% or ya water is being blocked it's time to see a Urologist.
They can do amazing things these days for blocked water, especially with old men like ya self
A catheter won't hurt too much or maybe it will     Summer down time 1632602647

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down