Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget Finder heavy duty skid plates

2 posters

Go down

Nugget Finder heavy duty skid plates Empty Nugget Finder heavy duty skid plates

Post by toad Thu 20 Nov 2014, 2:25 pm

I bought one of these for my 12" mono. They are quite a bit thicker than the standard skid plates and much smoother. They seem to slide across the dirt much easier and I haven't noticed any change in sensitivity. I've got one for my 17x11 too but haven't mounted it as yet.

Anyone else had any experience with them and if so what's your opinion?
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder heavy duty skid plates Empty Re: Nugget Finder heavy duty skid plates

Post by pilbarachad Sun 23 Nov 2014, 5:56 pm

Yeah i bought a standard and a heavy duty skid plate for my sadie a few months ago, heavy duty one doesnt really clip into position like a standard one but can still be taped in place- just looks a bit messier than your standard ones. I didnt notice any reduction in sensitivity either, didnt really seem to last any longer either as ive already worn through both of them!!
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder heavy duty skid plates Empty Re: Nugget Finder heavy duty skid plates

Post by toad Sun 23 Nov 2014, 8:17 pm

I know what you mean.  They come up the side quite a bit more so when you tape them it looks a bit tatty.  If they don't last any longer there's no point.  I'll let you know how I go.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down