Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gold dust

+2
Nightjar
bear
6 posters

Go down

gold dust Empty gold dust

Post by bear Mon 22 Sep 2014, 3:48 am

hi ive got a bit of crushed materisl ,,its got a heap of realy fine gold in it ,i got a auto panning wheel comming up is there
a easier way of retrieving the gold out of it bearring in mind the dust is super fine !!!!!
ITS BLOODY FRUSTRATING
da bear
bear
bear

Back to top Go down

gold dust Empty Re: gold dust

Post by Nightjar Mon 22 Sep 2014, 7:23 am

Bear,
Buy or make your own sluice, recycling the water with 12V bilge pump. Add dishwasher liquid to the water and you will be left with the fines and some iron stone. A magnet removes most of this.
Good luck.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Mon 22 Sep 2014, 4:17 pm

I know I will probably get plenty of ridicule from some, but mercury is the easiest way.
I use a little rock tumbler that you can get for a couple hundred. Stick your material in it and one ounce of mercury tumble for 1 hour then get your mercury out and retort.
Quick and easy way to make sure your getting all of it.
If you got lots of material just get a bigger tumbler, I'm making one out of a beer keg at the moment with rods in it for fine grinding.

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Mon 22 Sep 2014, 5:07 pm

What about a gold cube everyone in kal is raving about them.

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Vangold Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:45 pm

How much dirt do have to be processed,few weeks times I should have all my gear set up be able to do it over a couple of beers.

Vangold

Back to top Go down

Post by bear Tue 23 Sep 2014, 2:46 am

its about 5 kilos of real fine stuff its just shot with fine gold and floaty gold too
bear
bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Vangold Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:30 am

Gold wheel will not do any good.

Vangold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014, 6:46 am

I have seen the gold that Bear has and its that fine it would float away if u let the wind at it.

I have used the gold wheel and the Cube and in this situation u would loose most of the gold--its ultra fine.

I soon will have a gold table and I reckon the stuff will simply float away in any direction so looks like mercury will be the winner in this case.

will wait to hear from Vangold once u r set up maybe....

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Tue 23 Sep 2014, 12:00 pm

Yep, It sounds like mercury is the go if the stuff is that fine. Only thing I'd say is that if it's an alluvial specimen, make sure it has had a good grinding in a small mill/dolly pot. The mercury doesn't like sticking to the alluvial as much as underground ore. Maybe there's a solution someone knows about that you could soak it in prior to fixing with mercury?
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Tue 23 Sep 2014, 4:02 pm

mulgadansa wrote:Yep, It sounds like mercury is the go if the stuff is that fine. Only thing I'd say is that if it's an alluvial specimen, make sure it has had a good grinding in a small mill/dolly pot. The mercury doesn't like sticking to the alluvial as much as underground ore. Maybe there's a solution someone knows about that you could soak it in prior to fixing with mercury?
cheers
Brett

I run mine in the tumbler with sodium hydroxide (high strength oven cleaner) first and also a handful of 1" stainless bearings. The sodium hydroxide neutralizes any sulphides and helps the merc attach to the gold better. (So I'm told, but it seems to work).
Run it like this then rinse the water out , add new water and mercury.
Oh and use distilled water with the sodium hydroxide.
If your down near Meeka anytime I can do it for you and show you how it works.

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by bear Wed 24 Sep 2014, 4:38 am

every thing has been dollied down to powder but the gold  is so fine ,i dont have access to mercury ,,im going to try the auto pan with a small amount see how i go  just be a shame to loose 50% or more of the material as its full of the fine stuff
keep you guys posted ,,,da bear
l;wfh  kwdf

Last edited by bear on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : miss spelling)
bear
bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 24 Sep 2014, 7:09 am

Save the overflow from your pan and keep running it through. Don't forget the "rinse aid."

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vangold Wed 24 Sep 2014, 2:40 pm

Da Bear got a retort and can get a little merc just gave some away a week or so ago,Don't no how to pm you so if you can try catch up if you can find away.
Cheers vangold

Vangold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014, 3:04 pm

VANGOLD--under your avatar u will see a box with PM in it--if u hit that with your mouse u can then PM bear.. put a subject heading in there and type away--exchange mobiles -etc.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Vangold Wed 24 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm

Cheers for that one day,may see you over the weekend.

Vangold

Back to top Go down

Post by bear Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:17 am

im about ready to thro it to the winds
bear
bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:22 pm

i reckon u might have to--hope i'm wrong but it looks like iron pyrities to me..

looks like gold when it aint gold..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down