Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car radio

4 posters

Go down

Car radio Empty Car radio

Post by IFOne Sat 02 Aug 2014, 11:17 am

May be a bit off the topics however when I am out prospecting my car radio is not very good (I use abc). I intend to buy a new one and would appreciate any views on good quality receivers. Thanks in advance.

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Car radio Empty Re: Car radio

Post by Bignuggs Sat 02 Aug 2014, 2:10 pm

It's not a car radio but a few years back I got myself whats called a bush radio for when I'm camped.  Made by Sangean model PR-D3L
The only place I couldn't get decent reception and was stuck listening to the ABC was bloody Paynes Find of all places.

Car radio Pr-d3l10

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Sat 02 Aug 2014, 6:48 pm

Hi IFOne
I had your problem for years until I went to Free DB Car Stereo in Fremantle. The young guy that has taken over the business from his father was right onto the problem. The radio/CD receiver he installed was only a cheapie, but coupled with an external whip aerial on the bulbar, the reception now is really good. I seem to remember he said that most problems with reception get back to the aerial not the receiver.
Hope this helps.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Mon 04 Aug 2014, 7:12 am

When the radio in our van carked it I replaced it with a fairly cheap Sony CDX which the salesman said was "truckie preferred" because the remote allowed them to control from the sleeping quarters.
Has CD, fmx3, am and 2 sw bands.
Has terrific reception in remote places, but I do extend the antenna with a length of wire.
Also have a Sangean ATS-803A portable, fm plus continuous am coverage 150hz to 30mhz. With the bfo control can listen to sideband communication which means all amature sw radio below 30mhz, weather stations, hf network and RFDS are reliably available.
Mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down