Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UHF radio interference

+2
rogawilco
idigem
6 posters

Go down

UHF radio interference Empty UHF radio interference

Post by idigem Mon 01 Jul 2013, 8:44 am

Hi guys, we are having interference problems with our both detectors 4500 and 5000 every time we either
transmit or receive. Has anyone had this problem.the radios are gme hand held 3watts.
cheers Simmo

idigem

Back to top Go down

UHF radio interference Empty Re: UHF radio interference

Post by rogawilco Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:32 am

Hey idigem,
I turn mine off and only use it if/when I need to,otherwise have it in stealth mode
or use your favourite bird call.UHF radio interference 452991977 
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva Mon 01 Jul 2013, 1:30 pm

I use Uniden H/helds (1 watt , I think, can't find the paperwork) and haven't had any issues to date when using my 4500. We prefer to leave the radio on all the time when prospecting so that your in contact with your prospecting collegues just incase you need assistance (to dig out that big nugget of course) or vice-versa.
Rgds - Woteva

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Mon 01 Jul 2013, 3:28 pm

have the same problem with my garmin rhino 650 gps/walkie talkie. but no problems with my uniden hand helds. one of those things i just put up with, sooner have the radio on all the time to.

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue 01 Oct 2013, 7:52 am

We use the Rino-650's and have them on all the time, have never experienced any interference while swinging the 4500's?
Save vehicle & contact waypoints before setting off and it is then simple to find either or.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Tue 01 Oct 2013, 9:45 am

I have a 5w GME that I clip onto the back of my belt. I then have a speaker/mic plugged into it and run that up over my shoulder and clip it on my right front shoulder. I don't get any interference. You could also try dropping the radio watts down to 1 watt.

Craig

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down