Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mt Magnet

+3
albo
martinjsto
madmax800
7 posters

Go down

Mt Magnet Empty Mt Magnet

Post by madmax800 Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:15 pm

Hi All,

Arrived today and staying in caravan park, any one like to show mew a few places I can have a swing feel free.

I dropped into the mines dept. today to find out where I can go, they showed me 2 pending areas but I went out there for a look and couldn't find any track into them.

Back to square one.

I hate not knowing an area.

John
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Mt Magnet Empty Re: Mt Magnet

Post by martinjsto Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:11 am

always good to do your research b4 arriving John. could be a long trip for nothing otherwise. only place I know is towards sandstone about 10km or north of magnet down the lennonville road, good luck
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 5:24 pm

Hi Martin. Been down South Perth and no internet for 2 months so hard to do research. No gold today
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 05 Jun 2014, 7:46 pm

head towards sandstone 11.6km turn left onto a track take the north east track and drive about 4km to get away from pending prospecting leases and you will find a old mines and scrape, all ground south east from there looks good especially up away from the creek. good hunting buddy.

Last edited by martinjsto on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : dont know left from right)
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 8:10 pm

Hi Martin, thanks for the spot. Will try. Today I went same spot but on the left, 3 ks in to a heap of scrapes.

Have you been up this way.

Did Karen ever find out you planted the nuggets at Mertondale.
I will never forget how excited she was.

Cheers again

John
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 05 Jun 2014, 8:20 pm

hav'nt looked there myself John just going off research and what someone told me
but should be something around the scrapes, Karen still doesnt know and thats fine, she is still keen as coming on last trip to yalgoo with me.
go for a small coil fine gold and if there is trash all the better, clear it and reap the rewards.
good luck
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 9:01 pm

Trying to see where you said on google
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 9:05 pm

Martin, That's were I went today

John
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 9:08 pm

Mt Magnet Mt_mag10

Is this the place
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:04 pm

It goes like this mate ,i lived there for some years myself ,come n go over time & the leases change hands , some times the small blokes peg them , so you may tell a spot where ya got a few bits & then find out some mates have pegged it & next thing ya know half of bluddy Victoria is crawling over it ... love to help , but im done with being more unpopular with people that matter .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:20 pm

you want to be about 3km east of that spot, that place above is on pending prospecting leases and although only pending ground I personally wouldnt detect on it unless it was pending EL from a big company but thats just me.  Very Happy 
there is another track heading N/E when you turn off the main road. take that for 4 km out of the Pending and head east, good looking ground and Free.

Mt Magnet Image110

martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Fri 06 Jun 2014, 5:51 pm

My Post seems to have disappeared pale 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 06 Jun 2014, 6:20 pm

dont know what happened there pete.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 06 Jun 2014, 6:50 pm

goldstrijk wrote:My Post seems to have disappeared pale 

bugger me, first it was ya sunnies now it's ya post   Mt Magnet 1472621687
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Fri 06 Jun 2014, 7:25 pm

G'day Max, In this area, If you want to see an area that has been done over well & extremely methodically, by some old mine shafts and a few dryblow heaps go to 28 5.669S 117 57.711E, The track for it is off the track that runs to the north east than Martin is talking about, my friend found the spot and named it the 1,000 scrapes patch, He's not kidding . It on top of the ridge just above and to the left of the shafts, Dryblows and old mining gear. Go for a walk around.  I havent seen so many detector scrapes and holes in one area. The ground is as quiet as so there is no way you could miss a target. Needless to say we didn't find anything but you just got to wonder what they got !
We also tried below the hammered area down to the creek line and also a few other choice looking spots out in that area with no luck. Good looking country but we just wasn't lucky enough to find any nuggies

Cheers
Ashley

Last edited by Ash100456 on Fri 06 Jun 2014, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by red devil Fri 06 Jun 2014, 8:06 pm

hi max
be adventurous take a walk on the wildside, there is hundreds of tracks all around magnet.but not much gold
red devil
red devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down