Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overlay Tengraph or Google on Ozi Explorer

+3
cruiser1
AussieAU
madmax800
7 posters

Go down

Overlay  Tengraph or Google on Ozi Explorer Empty Overlay Tengraph or Google on Ozi Explorer

Post by madmax800 Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:13 am

Hi again all, Is it possible to overlay Google spots I have or tengraph areas on Ozi Explorer, would make it a lot easier to get to where I wanted without breaking the law.

Thanks

John
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Overlay  Tengraph or Google on Ozi Explorer Empty Re: Overlay Tengraph or Google on Ozi Explorer

Post by AussieAU Mon 02 Jun 2014, 2:05 pm

You can overlay the Tengraph leases onto Google Earth very easily, I reckon this is the way to go.

When in tengraph just go to FILE and then display in Google Earth and jobs done.

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Overlay  Tengraph or Google on Ozi Explorer Empty Re: Overlay Tengraph or Google on Ozi Explorer

Post by madmax800 Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:01 pm

Thanks, Know how to overlay Tengraph to Google, getting it on Ozi is the problem.

But thanks
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:27 pm

Hey John ,when you find out how to do that give us a bell I would be interested also.
Good luck on your trip.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue 03 Jun 2014, 7:42 am

You have to some how physically plot all the waypoints to form a track.
Topcat is a member on this site and he is a whiz at this sort of thing.
Maybe a PM to him.

Overlay  Tengraph or Google on Ozi Explorer Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Tue 03 Jun 2014, 8:50 am

Thanks Peter I will get in contact with him.Do you know if he is back from his last trip.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Tue 03 Jun 2014, 5:44 pm

Hi Phil,

I have asked Des Newman the developer of OziExplorer about overlays from Google Earth awhile back because the coding Google uses when Tengraph files are imported, they are not compatible when you try to import the KML file to Ozi especially plot files.
However I believe Detrakozi has found a way around it so perhaps you should ask him.

Cheers

Ted

Last edited by Topcat on Tue 03 Jun 2014, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wording)
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Tue 03 Jun 2014, 6:09 pm

Thanks for that Ted,I will try that and see what happens.
Did you go all right on your last trip.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 07 Jun 2014, 1:05 pm

G'day John,
How's ya trip going so far. Finding some good stuff I hope.
anyway, I'll ask a stupid question. Are you using the full version of Oziexplorer or the trial version.

cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Overlay  Tengraph or Google on Ozi Explorer Empty mailto:dkkempa@yahoo.com.au

Post by goldstrijk Sat 07 Jun 2014, 2:38 pm

Google KML files, Convert to GPX files, google the converter

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Sat 07 Jun 2014, 7:53 pm

Bignuggs wrote:G'day John,
How's ya trip going so far.  Finding some good stuff I hope.
anyway, I'll ask a stupid question.  Are you using the full version of Oziexplorer or the trial version.

cheers
Cliff

Hi Cliff,

3 full days of detecting and not a bit of gold, It's like there is none here.
Where I have been the ground looks crap, tried every direction from town and after 3 days I am p*ssed off with Gold.

Ozi is full version 3.95.5m

John
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down