Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kambalda area

2 posters

Go down

kambalda area Empty kambalda area

Post by craigant Fri 23 May 2014, 6:41 pm

Hi all. I should be moving to Kambalda in a couple of weeks time for a new job. Not all that excited about living there apart from the idear that i could maybe go detecting alot of the time. what are the views on areas around Kambalda and up to say 100kms from Kambalda? i imagine there would not be much gold left around that sort of area??
I had a SD2000 but sold it as was not useing it because lived in Perth and was not able to get to the gold areas. I do have a brand new garret AT pro but honestly have never used it. is that detector any good as a starter around where i will be living? or should i not waist my time and put it towards a minelab ? any coments would be great.

craigant

Back to top Go down

kambalda area Empty Re: kambalda area

Post by UTBN Fri 23 May 2014, 7:54 pm

G'day craigant, yeah not much to do in kambalda apart from working and a bit of detecting. In regards to the garret detector you mentioned I can't really comment on it. My choice of detector is a gpx. One would think it would be hard to beat for the most realistic chance of picking up regular gold.
Mate there's still gold to be found kambalda way that's for sure and I know of some reasonable bits being found in recent times 'around' kambalda.

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 May 2014, 8:05 pm

u must have more money than I don't know what--u have a garret and haven't used it--mate u wont know how good or bad it is until u start swinging it in a paddock somewhere then u can share with us on your trials and tribulations ..

but at least swing the dam thing before u buy something else--u never know what is lurking below the ground and it would be beneficial if u teamed up with someone to be sure if u r unfamiliar with that neck of the woods..

hate to read about u if u have been MIA..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by craigant Fri 23 May 2014, 11:52 pm

oneday wrote:u must have more money than I don't know what--u have a garret and haven't used it--mate u wont know how good or bad it is until u start swinging it in a paddock somewhere then u can share with us on your trials and tribulations ..

but at least swing the dam thing before u buy something else--u never know what is lurking below the ground and it would be beneficial if u teamed up with someone to be sure if u r unfamiliar with that neck of the woods..

hate to read about u if u have been MIA..

regards
oneday

yeah been a shame i have not used it yet, just never got the chance to do the whole trip away detecting thing. i purchased it origionaly to do beaches around perth but never even got around to that, but if i move to kambalda i will detect for gold for sure.

craigant

Back to top Go down

Post by craigant Tue 03 Jun 2014, 9:29 am

UTBN wrote:G'day craigant, yeah not much to do in kambalda apart from working and a bit of detecting. In regards to the garret detector you mentioned I can't really comment on it. My choice of detector is a gpx. One would think it would be hard to beat for the most realistic chance of picking up regular gold.
Mate there's still gold to be found kambalda way that's for sure and I know of some reasonable bits being found in recent times 'around' kambalda.

well i got the go ahead and start work there tomorrow. but for first 3 months untill i get of labour hire and put on the books i will be living in Kalgoorlie. am looking foward to gettting come swinging time in. yeahhh

craigant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down