Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt area

3 posters

Go down

Burnt area Empty Burnt area

Post by Nosralt Fri 18 Oct 2013, 5:46 pm

Question for everyone and hopefully someone can assist.
An area i have some luck on up here in Hedland has just had a fire go throw it.cheers 
My experience has been these areas are a bit noicey with my settings with a mono coil.
Should I be trying a DD? or adjust my settings for the mono?
Any suggestions?
Nosralt
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Burnt area Empty Re: Burnt area

Post by Stingray Fri 18 Oct 2013, 9:20 pm

Hi Nosralt, I don't know your settings and don't use a 5000, but I would use a mono coil in enhance mode on a 4500 to eliminate noise from the burnt spinifex. It should be the same on the 5000.

Good luck
Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Oct 2013, 5:09 pm

also adjust your gain and stabilizer to refine the machine further.

Evenings are a good time to detect as well --everything usually calms down at night and its a lot cooler..

also auto balance the machine.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm

I found when summer detecting in the Gascoyne / Pilbara the smaller 11 inch coils are far quieter when the emi from the incoming thunderstorms are set in each arvo . If we were on gold & it gets real bad , the 8 inch mono would go on , cuts the emi crashes right back & still detectable .
just sayin ,albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 19 Oct 2013, 9:07 pm

Burnt spinny noise in my experience is easy really if you raise your coil a little ,inch or so the noise will vanish , any doubt just scrape it with your boot n keep walking or dig if theres any doubt . Its the burnt charcoal mulga roots that pull me up n waste my time on occasions , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt Wed 23 Oct 2013, 1:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys.. been trying them all. no luck finding any more color though. At least in this area so headed out to find new ground.
Nosralt
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:12 pm

head out towards cloudbreak there's a few 100,000 acres that has just been burnt to mull over--good luck and don't forget to let me know

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down