Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Places To Detect

2 posters

Go down

Places To Detect Empty Places To Detect

Post by Flouro Thu 22 May 2014, 9:35 am

Hi All,

Just back from a seven week trip which was two strips of gradings running towards Meeka, one from Nannine to Meeka and the other from New Australia to Meeka, probably 60-70 lots of gradings which we weren't allowed to do all but made a hole in it

The gradings bar one had no gold left on them...barren,we found our gold extending the gradings or to one side where they missed a streak or two

The missus got 24gr and I got 20gr and a whole lot of trouble to go with it, which I am rectifying now at home but for the life of me I can't get me head around to thinking of somewhere to go next, somewhere I havn't been before

We last 2wks out bush and have to head back to town to go washing, that's 28 pairs of socks and jocks/knickers and the water seems to last about the same, that's 200L, so we are restricted a little

Anybody got any ideas as to somewhere that should be got to or a couple were left behind but should be more there, I think the problem is that I have never really gone out there where there is no gradings , where it should or could be, it seems a little daunting but it keeps calling me

I've been to Cue, Cardinia,Sandstone and Meeka, I've been to Egerton, Quinns and Darlot you get the picture...I've been everywhere!!! but where to next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest problem these days is the amount of people that have already been wherever you go, as you know the van goes where I go, so bush bashin aint a problem but you gotta be where the gold is not where it was, is there any such places left out there

So if you have any ideas let us know, I'm just swamped a little right now, fixin things up

Ron,Sherri and Yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Places To Detect Empty Re: Places To Detect

Post by Flouro Fri 23 May 2014, 8:14 am

Narrawa,

Man your touched, well done on your find 1st day out it sure puts my theory of a gram a day up the spout

Looks like I have to think bigger and do more hard yards, can't pick them up from home base

Me GROWN JEWELS are sayin Wiluna me eads sayin Leonora, I might have to go half way...meat in the middle so to speak...I need a dart

Ron,Sherri and Yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Fri 23 May 2014, 11:39 am

whats that song "i been everywhere man" fgmjfhk 

whats your method for crumbing on scrapes? if you chain with a 5000 in fine gold with small coil 8in or less i find it is hard not to find something.
but yea if you want to strike it big have the time you need to get away from the known / previously worked areas and put in the miles on foot and expect long dry spells. sounds like you are already have them study up on your target area first Geo maps, wamex reports, trove, google earth etc
there is some quote about the definition of stupid is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

good luck bud

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 May 2014, 11:53 am

MATE TO COVER THAT AREA U HAVE MENTIONED IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DO EFFICIENTLY OR U MUST HAVE A PLANE WITH A COIL UNDERNEATH it .

If u r on a quad then u need to get off it and start swinging coz by the sound of it u r only goin to the known spots were gold has been found..finding a little bit and moving on--unless u spend time walking new ground then u r going to burn a heap of juice and only finding fly shite.

gold is in those unlikely spots more often than not.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Fri 23 May 2014, 3:21 pm

G'day all,

Hi Flying Kiwi,

The problem we have found that is the graded patches north of Cue in general have been pushed with a dozer not bobcatted, when that happens there is rarely gold left behind, mind you these had been dozed and dry blown with big machinery, unlike Cue which is mainly been attacked with bobcats and small dry blowers, plenty left for all...so a lot of adjustments were required

We usually scout around and if we pick up three in one spot out comes the chain, simple really...once we are on to it I go off scouting the neighbourhood, can and do walk out about a couple of kay and back. The good thing about the trip we just had there was usually 3-4 sat. gradings in the same area

Hi Onday,

MATE,YOU DON.T HAVE TO YELL TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS!!!!!, I obviously went where the gold was and not where it could of been, I put a fair bit of trust in the oldtimers in that they found most of the gold patches we have today, so spending more time than necessary trying to find what isn't/wasn't there doesn't work either, for me it's been a ratio of time on the patches and time outside and then move on to the next spot, but like I said these patches are definitely wasteland, and I've noticed a lot of the graded patches are now being covered up, that is all the loose dirt being pushed back over the patch

I'm just sayin the places we just went to I would never do again, ever

Speaking about quad bikes I carried one on our last trip and it done a CVT belt, I tried makin one out of another belt , lasted about a second so ordered one thru ebay fitted it and stripped the kickstarter so ended up carrying the quad the whole trip in the back of the trayback just for ballast

You can try your best and if that aint good enough, well you just have to soldier on, and when the chips are down you can either ask for help or keep doin what ya been doin and that looks like where I'm at, don't it!!!!

Ron(and whats wrong with testies...growen mans parts...jees)

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down