Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX5000 coils

5 posters

Go down

GPX5000 coils Empty GPX5000 coils

Post by Rege-PA Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:40 am

Very Happy Soon I will be getting a 5000, to bring to WA. Have been planning, saving and doing research for over a year and now it`s down to getting equipment to do the job. Just about completed my pick, need special one that works as a cane as it is the only way I can get around, great project and it has kept me motivated.
I know coil selection has been done to death but if you could only have two xtra coils for 5000 what would they be, maybe a smaller one and a bigger one and why. Your answers will help in my selection. All info appreciated.

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 coils Empty Re: GPX5000 coils

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm

Hi Rege

Great to hear your coming over soon, it is the trip of a lifetime for all easties, i remember back when i first
came to wa on the gold, the bush scenery blew me away and so did the gold, only problem after was
that no other place felt good enough, but these days i actually long for green bush and running streams
to pan and sluice in while i pick blackberries and have a swim to cool off....

On the coil question, theres no real need to get a smaller coil than the supplied 11" mono on the 5000,
they sniff up the tiniest of gold in fine gold settings, better off getting 2 larger coils i reckon, and i would
say a 17x11 elliptical Mono & the good old trusty 18" round Mono for max depth, brand is up to you
mate but the NF seem to be more popular in WA, but Coiltek's are also widely used too..

The 17x11 Mono for more ground coverage and a little more depth than the 11" Mono.
The 18" Round also for coverage but mainly for hitting those deep 30oz spuds you dont
wanna walk over.

Methods here are pretty much the same as anywhere, medium size coil for prospecting all day, &
once a patch is found or old scrapes are being gone over then whack on the 11" Mono for the shallow up to 2ft smalls, then finally on with the 18" round to make sure there's no deep spuds left behind.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:58 pm

have to totally agree with pete. i was going to suggest the exact same coils.

however, for a small coil, i will say that you should get a NF Sadie 8x6" mono.

Few good reasons for this. They are awesome on the mullock heaps. but if your running a 18" round, these little coils can be used as a pin pointer when u start digging those deep holes.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Sat 28 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

Is there any advantage in running a 14x9 goldstalker blitz series?
I have a 5k and like the 11 mono, is there any depth/ sens advantage to getting a 14x9?
I have the older series 14x9 and love the weight compared to the 11 std mono.
I just dont want to trade sens on small targets if possible. But want to have a larger area covered per swing, and maybe better depth...
Any suggestions?
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 3:29 pm

You'll be hard pressed to beat a Nuggetfinder 17" x 11" Advantage Mono or the 16" round one Makaw.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Sat 28 Jan 2012, 3:49 pm

goldnomad wrote:You'll be hard pressed to beat a Nuggetfinder 17" x 11" Advantage Mono or the 16" round one Makaw.

Robert
What would be the better of the 2 without sacrificing the sub grammers? The 17x11?
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 5:07 pm

The 14x9 is a very slight tad more sens but the 11" mono beats it for total depth, its a toss up really,
comes down to the weight mainly, also you cant run the 14x9 on the deck with the same settings
as you could the 11" mono, its just way to touch sens to do that, for the ground your on Maka
i would say the 11"mono or even the 8" mono are the go, but ifya already got a 14x9 whack it
on and do some test swings up there, but take ya 11"mono cause you will probly revert back to
it after a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebreed Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:09 am

I agree with Pete here.
I run with a Nugget Finder 17x11' ellip Mono, you can pick these up for around the $400 mark atm, and i also use the standard 11" round commander mono.
I mainly use the 17" ellip though, it has great sensitivity and gets down a bit deeper.

Cheers

rarebreed
rarebreed

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:54 am

hi rege, ive got the same plans as you and im thinking of getting the new 30x7 nf for ground coverage and then maybe a larger coil when gold is found like 22" or larger, i have the 18" comander and its very heavy even with hipsticks and bungy i can only use it for a few hours at a time, cheers stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 10:33 am

yeah i goto agree with theseblokes i only use the 17 x 11 now......its a great coil but even more importantly....it fits anywhereand its easy to swing....so you can go all day...lol...and still find f*ckall hahahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2012, 8:27 pm

its not suitable for every purpose , but i love how much the machine can scream so nicely with the 11" , that coil just seems to be perfectly matched for the 5k

burnsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down