Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes Yes Yes ! Finally found a Gold Ring

+8
martinjsto
Nightjar
albo
Gary Mc
CrazyPete
bluedog
onthisharvestmoon
Ash100456
12 posters

Go down

Yes Yes Yes ! Finally found a Gold Ring Empty Yes Yes Yes ! Finally found a Gold Ring

Post by Ash100456 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 7:07 pm

cheers  Finally a Ring of some worth. I did cheat though as a guy i know asked me if i could look for his Wedding Band that he lost approx 14 years ago while out fishing in waist deep water. He showed me the spot yesterday and this morning armed with my trusty Sovereign GT and a very low tide i gave it a go. Tuning the detector on the beach i got a signal and out popped a 1881 English 3 Pence, Cool, A good way to start the hunt. The target area was a low craggly reef that runs for a 100 meters or more out to sea . So of i went detecting as i go, couple of pieces of junk and 3 sinkers later I was in the target area and got a signal down between a largish crack in the reef. Bit of digging and moving the rocks and lo and behold there it was, His lost Wedding Band. I really didn't hold a lot of promise of finding it after such a long time with all the rough seas that you can get along this piece of coast but as we know Gold is heavy and it just stayed put pretty much where he lost it. Took it to him and he was over the moon to get it back.  So a happy ending all round, I got to find my first Gold Ring And he get's his Gold Wedding Band back after 14 years in the Sea

Yes Yes Yes ! Finally found a Gold Ring First_12

Yes Yes Yes ! Finally found a Gold Ring 3pence12

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Yes Yes Yes ! Finally found a Gold Ring Empty Re: Yes Yes Yes ! Finally found a Gold Ring

Post by Guest Fri 28 Feb 2014, 7:33 pm

way to go ASH.

with a bit of a touch up, the gold band will look like new..never say never..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Yes Yes Yes ! Finally found a Gold Ring Empty Re: Yes Yes Yes ! Finally found a Gold Ring

Post by onthisharvestmoon Fri 28 Feb 2014, 9:28 pm

top stuff ash
onthisharvestmoon
onthisharvestmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Sat 01 Mar 2014, 4:29 am

Good on ya ash well done did he shut the rum  Yes Yes Yes ! Finally found a Gold Ring 1214499189 
 cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sat 01 Mar 2014, 4:37 pm

Well done Ashley  Very Happy  great find mate and few n far between em these days..

Pete
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Sat 01 Mar 2014, 7:36 pm

Thanks guys, Yeah I am chuffed with the result. Thinking about it last time i found a English 3 pence i also got 11 nuggies for the afternoon so i reckon i have more to come.
Getting closer to detecting time in the West, Bring it on !
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mc Sat 01 Mar 2014, 7:56 pm

Great work to find it Ash !
Well done

Gary Mc

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sun 02 Mar 2014, 5:54 am

So when are you headin over Ash ??
I was also wonderin if you've had a swing around the tunarama tuna throwin area, could be a few rings lost doin that..
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 02 Mar 2014, 8:37 am

Good find Ash , ive found a bit of gold but some good treasure would be great , zilch to date here .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:24 am

Yeah Pete, Been a bit slack on the tecting as of late, Too many things on. Didn't give the Tunarama a flick like i usually do either. Getting everything done in readiness for heading off. Going West in late March, Got a few months detecting time then home again and heading North then West to finally get up into the kimberley and Pilbara sightseeing and a bit of golding no doubt, then back down into the Southern and Eastern Goldfields for the rest of the season. That's the plan, subject to change on a whim !
Hey Albo, Doesn't W.A. have a lot of shipwrecks along the coast, Would be great to find some treasure for sure !

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sun 02 Mar 2014, 3:00 pm

:) Hey Ash ...... Livin the dream brother, livin the dream  cheers Very Happy 
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Sun 02 Mar 2014, 5:18 pm

Yep ! To be sure to be sure !

PM Sent

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 02 Mar 2014, 8:04 pm

Ash, That is a great story and amazing find, you should send details to Minelab and GG&T, they would welcome it.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Mon 03 Mar 2014, 8:29 am

And also to Trev at Coiltek for their finds comp  Very Happy 
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 03 Mar 2014, 9:00 am

nice work, well done ash
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Mon 03 Mar 2014, 9:45 am

Great story Ash. Damn nice when a plan comes together eh? Well done. cheers 
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Mon 03 Mar 2014, 1:00 pm

That's really good detecting Ash,they don't call you assy Ash for nothing, well done. :)
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 7:35 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, Yeah Nightjar and Pete, Have sent it in as a short success story to the lot of them, Who knows it might even get printed.
G'day Chris, Yeah once i was in the target area i found it in about 3 minutes. Hoping this sort of luck rubs off on the Goldfield.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva Mon 03 Mar 2014, 10:15 pm

Hi Ash, like your story, its a good feeling to find something of value but even better when you find something lost,probably given up for ever, and get it back to its rightful owner. I assume you got a"cup of tea" for your troubles.
I also run a Sovereign GT and hit the local beaches (Perth) during the summer months. Its a great machine for this sort of work, no digital menus , just dials and switches. I still use the standard DD coil that came with it but am having thoughts about buying the larger WOT coil, maybe my winter gold finds can finance the purchase next summer.

Regards

Woteva

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 5:23 am

G'day Woteva, Was using the WOT Coil to find the Ring, Pretty much have it as my use it all the time coil. Great Coil and great for beach coverage, Easy to pinpoint with, Smaller coil is better for heavily rubbished areas. Went down the local beachfront the other morning, 30 odd coins ( 1 x Halfpenny ) . Actually the owner gave me a really nice Opal Pendant, huge satisfaction in being able to help him find his lost wedding band and a story to tell.
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:12 am

Yep Ash , met a bloke in the bush out of meeka & he had a dutch coin on his neck ,he found some north of Kalbarri off the cliffs on an old wreck , reckons the window for a good dive each year there is slim , low swell , visibility etc .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:11 am

Yeah Albo, That's what i would love to have a crack at " An old shipwreck site " On my to do list.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by salt-d Tue 04 Mar 2014, 7:07 pm

Great detecting Ash, that's a great result after that length of time. Well done.
Cheers,
Salt-d
salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down