Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry blowing

+3
Bignuggs
martinjsto
Opa
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dry blowing - Page 2 Empty Dry blowing

Post by Opa Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can you use a dry blower under a miners right while prospecting?
I was just thinking that when I do find some nuggets, is it worth trying to find the source by loaming an area.

Opa

Back to top Go down

Dry blowing - Page 2 Empty Re: Dry blowing

Post by Opa Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:19 pm

Thanks to those that replied on topic, the act can and is hard to understand  jkihyig 
As for the rest  lweg lweg lweg chill out whgirt 

Opa

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:26 pm

Goldfinder1 wrote:The rules are simple, You need a POW to use a motorised blower, I dont care, A blower like a 140 wont leave a massive footprint and after a rain you hardly even notice it, I use one on my blocks for sampling. of course you need to have all the right paperwork which is hardly worth the bother for a small unit, I would lose my $5000 security deposit if I was caught doing it without permits and there are many cases of this happening

if you are the tenement holder working your lease you will need a POW to undertake any ground disturbing activity totally agree,

if you are operating under a miners right different rules apply as per my previous post

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:33 pm

yes that is true, you can "legally remove" 20kg of material from unallocated crown land (not the crown anymore, it is the "State of Western Australia") with a Miners right, which in my area limits you to the barren sand and spinifex, so you would want to hope your 2 shovel fulls are full of yellow stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Opa Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:02 pm

Ok, if I am prospecting for new ground that has not been granted a EL ML or any other lease. If while I am detecting I find a nugget, can I use a dry blower to loam the area to find where the nugget was shed?

Opa

Back to top Go down

Post by Opa Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:05 pm

Goldfinder1 wrote:yes that is true, you can "legally remove" 20kg of material from unallocated crown land (not the crown anymore, it is the "State of Western Australia") with a Miners right, which in my area limits you to the barren sand and spinifex, so you would want to hope your 2 shovel fulls are full of yellow stuff

So if you are dry panning, you can only put 20kg of dirt in the pan and that's it?

Opa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:14 pm

yes. but laws are not enforced to that degree obviously, As a nation we are still evolving from the days where it was actually illegal to even possess gold for more than 10 days (don't quote me on that maybe look here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_Rebellion )

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU Thu 20 Feb 2014, 3:59 am

Opa wrote: So if you are dry panning, you can only put 20kg of dirt in the pan and that's it?

You can do as much as you like on site because you are not removing the dirt/soil you are just moving it around a bit on site. :study: 

You can only take 20kg sample away from the site to have tested or to pan at home. :study: 

If by chance you are dry blowing and get 20kg of gold you can take that away but you must leave the dirt behind that you processed  Very Happy 

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Digdog Thu 20 Feb 2014, 6:25 am

From my understanding of the law I totally agree with flying kiwi except for no 3 a (40e/20a) dose not cover u on that tenerment u need written permission from the tenerment holder. If this aint the case I don't see how u can use a highbanker in vic IMO they do a bit more damage than throwing a little dust in the air.
Cheers digdog

Digdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 7:02 am

It's a amazing that you poor buggers can even drive out of your garage to detect/pan/dryblow.
The mining companies sure have f#cked it up for you

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 7:11 am

if u know how to b politically correct and u have a knack for negotiating then u will be amazed with what u can achieve in relation to getting access rights to already granted leases.

The trouble is that the vast majority of prospectors just dont want to play by the rules and Honesty plays a major part of your dealings.

sure its not hard to rip someone of-just have a look around and I guarantee you will all be able to tell me of someone u distrust let alone going bush with such a character.

There is a fair bit involved with dry blowing and I am already reading between the lines how people want to flaunt the system...now u see why prospectors are told to simply go away and no u will not get permission.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 7:20 am

u need permission to disturb the ground and u r limited to how much u can process --apart  from what u r allowed to take home and process.

the rules are already set and what is happening is that u blokes r trying to put your spill on the interpretation of the rules talking WA) and unfortunately they will not stick in front of the mining warden let alone a civilian court of law and all this for a lousy couple of ounces of gold.

u will have a better chance of getting an SPL through legally than trying to run the guantlet on dry blowing on the side.. if u do get nailed then make sure u have a good excuse already planned for excurcusion when asked to explain your activities.. unfortunately ignorance is the first form of guilt...trust me been there done that.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 20 Feb 2014, 8:19 am

Ray
no one here is trying to flaunt the rules or misconstrue them.

2 different sections in the act mate, one section covers if you are working your tenement you need a POW in place to disturb the ground clear as day.

the other section covering your miners right you are allowed to disturb the ground to take away no more than your 20kg sample, you are allowed to disturb / process more ground than 20kg to get your sample, the constraint being you use hand tools backfill your hole etc etc

cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 9:08 am

my thought of a dry blower is that if it has a mechanical mechanism then its deemed not to b a hand tool.

a rod with a bearing attached is a mechanical mechanism.

and I agree on the rest.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:40 pm

i get very confused with all this, so what is a detector then, it is an electronic powered hand operated mechanical/electrical device. why is that not the same as a electric solar powered dry blower or even a hand cranked one. got me stuffed. I am dying to find my first peggable patch but boy im not looking forward to getting my head around the regs.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm

if u want your first pegable patch may I suggest that u have a chat with the couple of tenement registered companies that handle that sort of stuff.

Cost a few dollars but they will be onto it..

u need to tell them were u prefer to b and they will peg the ground for u and do all the paper work to get it through to settlement-granted lease.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 20 Feb 2014, 6:49 pm

ok ray cool, didnt know there were companies that did this but they would want to be recommended from people that have dealt with them in the past

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 7:13 pm

they are very good at what they do--u need to contact them to see which one covers your needs.

There is vacant ground every day of the week but you have to wack the pegs in the same day sometimes to get good ground.
Exploration leases can be done over the net now..but make sure your paperwork is spot on.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 10:03 pm

Oneday has got it spot on, SPL`s are the best way to gain access to viable ground to work with a possibility of a pay off. If your just a hobbiest and you just want to play with your small blower on viable ground, then just ask a leaseholder and hope for the best, Ill let anyone detect my blocks, but I don't think i could risk permitting a blower, All it would take is for someone to casually mention it to the registrar while in the mines dept and I would be screwed, I'm fairly sure hand operated blowers CAN be used without a PoW. Companies like Hetherington and McMahon offer a mining title service but its very expensive, They contract people on the field (like myself) to mark out and lodge as agent to the parties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2