Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry blowing

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dry blowing Empty Dry blowing

Post by Opa on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:33 pm

Can you use a dry blower under a miners right while prospecting?
I was just thinking that when I do find some nuggets, is it worth trying to find the source by loaming an area.

Opa

Back to top Go down

Dry blowing Empty Re: Dry blowing

Post by martinjsto on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:55 pm

Hi Opa, I believe it depends on two things, one,  is the dry blower hand powered or motorized and two the type of tenement you wish to prospect on as under a 40e then no power tools are allowed for prospecting but in un allocated crown land or free areas then its ok, not sure on the pending but I believe unless there is a underlying granted exploration or mining or SPL licence then its ok too. this will be corrected if wrong by the members here and the use of powered tools is a well debated issue as a search here will reveal.
good luck Opa
martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 6:35 pm

As pending ground is free ground (Crown Land) until the lease is granted and providing there are no underlying leases, there should be no problem.
as for powered tools, yes it is a well debated subject but the last post I put up in this section that came from a well known WA identity throws a spanner in the works.

http://www.detectingwestaustraliangold.com/t3537-electric-jackhammers

Just my opinion.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Opa on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 10:46 pm

Ok, picked up my new GPX5000 yesterday from Reeds.... And a couple of coils.
Forgot the name of the man that runs Reeds, but asked him about using dry blowers.
He said that if you use a shovel to dig your soil to put into the blower then you are within the law as the blower is processing your soil. The act of mining is undertaken by means of a pick and shovel.... But this is from a man that wants to sell me a dry blower  Rolling Eyes Wink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but it does sound right.. Sort of..
So if you could not use a blower..... Then you could not use a gold wheel etc
Think it's time for a beer...

Opa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:57 pm

20kg is allowable for disturbance or removal on vacant crown land

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:58 pm

0kg on existing leases, pending or not

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 2:08 am

Goldfinder,
"removal" as I see it means to take away or remove from the area as in sample form. or 20kg of actual produce. "disturbance" ,well sometimes we disturb more than 20kg just digging up one target. I think when you farted the best of you may have been "removed" . wouldn't make much of a livin that way easty.
Anyway way im of to drive my dumptruck with a few loads of disturbed but unremoved golden ore.
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 4:44 pm

looks like im gunna have to cook my own tea for a while now the wife is going to be off to the slammer for creating a "disturbance"  Sad  Dry blowing 729094268  spank  whgirt 

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:10 pm

thats it mate --make her earn here keep---good to see.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 6:47 pm

They are the facts. I personally like to know the rules and im fairly sure thats what this topic is about, If you think its ok to go out and dryblow other peoples blocks Kiwi? then consider this article http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/goldfields/a/20007619/tenement-perjury-lands-man-in-jail/
and thats without even putting a pick in the ground

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 7:01 pm

Goldfinder1 wrote:They are the facts. I personally like to know the rules and im fairly sure thats what this topic is about, If you think its ok to go out and dryblow other peoples blocks Kiwi? then consider this article   http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/goldfields/a/20007619/tenement-perjury-lands-man-in-jail/
and thats without even putting a pick in the ground

Oh here we go. this is gonna be funny. Cant find the emoticon im looking for, but i'll leave it for someone else to play with. lol! 
RW
Also a Kiwi
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 7:11 pm

Yeah I couldn't find the one with handcuffs on  Dry blowing 729094268 ...that will do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 7:22 pm

all of u just have to b carefull what u say and what u post.

We only control a certain amount of what happens but as far as who is a member well that's open slather to a certain point.

dry blowing is allowed on certain leases with permission (these being M's, P's, and Granted E's) however u have to make sure the paperwork is in tack and out of the way.

As far as pending E's go then u don't have permission to do anything that will disturb the ground providing its only 20kgs of material.

The use of a mechanical implement isn't allowed without permission from the title holder.

So use yah discretion and if u r going to take a vid then be extremely careful on what u say coz the vids can be used in any legal matter that may eventuate. Especially vids with firearms on their leases as I have witnessed. Or any other illegal covert operation which may take place..

None of us are angels me included but we all have to be wary and learn from our adrenalin rushes and for peace sake don't start a shite fight on this topic.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 8:40 pm

Yes but it If certain people that think they now the facts, try to make accusations or insinuate someone is doing the wrong thing . and then post an article on a totally different subject. To achieve what im not sure. deserves what it gets.IMO
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 8:52 pm

Who is "it" RW?  are you Kiwi or something mate? I now (i mean know) the rules, you were the first one to ridicule my comment,  scratch which was only answering a question and got bulldoged by u and Kiwi? whats the go there?

Last edited by Goldfinder1 on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 12:26 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:02 pm

Attack of the Kiwis from hell.... or even worse.. New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:05 pm

Sorry guys, Ive probably just spent too much time in WA Laughing .....or maybe its private messages Ive got like this one from RW -
You are a f**kin dickhead mate,
Ya been here for five minutes and start accusing flyin kiwi of illegal activities then post an article on a lease pegging dispute. what a f**kin tosser. you are. And to open your account here with a lame kiwi joke my friend was a very stupid idea. and I cant wait to meet you out in the bush sometime. you reckon you been makin a living off prospecting since when dec 2013, wht 2 months ,big f**kin deal man ,,,grow a head will ya.
RW

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:38 pm

Notice you edited your idiot comment to me first ya weak prick
Sorry guys tried to take it outside but this clown wants to come running back in here with it.
Wrap me over the knuckles as you would.

Last edited by rogawilco on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:45 pm

HA, mods did that...bro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:47 pm

so this is a stand over type forum.. Been there and done that on finders, screw this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:49 pm

and ill see you on the street later and you`ll act like u dont know what im talking about....yeah been there too

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:52 pm

Bud the question is can you use a dryblower in wa?  scratch 

in my interpretation of the mining act 1978, mining regulations 1981 you can.
if..... and there are a few conditions.
1) you have a miners right (as per sec 20 and 40D of the act)
2) you are operating in a "recreational" capacity
3) you are not on a granted tenement (unless on a granted EL and you have a sec 40E to cover
4) you are using hand tools to dig and load your dryblower ie not a bobcat etc
5) ensure least possible disturbance to the ground and backfill any holes
6) don't remove from crown land more than 20kg of sample per occasion (regs 1981 part 2 r 4)

at the end of the day im not a lawyer and the act is in my view vague and open to interpretation especially for the small prospector, if I follow the above I honestly believe im not breaking the law, please correct me if im wrong?
was not intending to bulldog you and apologise if it came across that way

cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:54 pm

hahaha you fellas crack me up whateva man

lweg 

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:11 pm

I fixed that edited comment RW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:17 pm

The rules are simple, You need a POW to use a motorised blower, I dont care, A blower like a 140 wont leave a massive footprint and after a rain you hardly even notice it, I use one on my blocks for sampling. of course you need to have all the right paperwork which is hardly worth the bother for a small unit, I would lose my $5000 security deposit if I was caught doing it without permits and there are many cases of this happening

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum