Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APLA day

2 posters

Go down

APLA day Empty APLA day

Post by johnf Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:42 am

Hi, wondering if anyone knows details of an upcoming free APLA day in Perth. ie. time, place etc. thanks, john

johnf

Back to top Go down

APLA day Empty Re: APLA day

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 6:54 pm

Not sure if all of this will transfer but here we go,,,,

Hello Everyone

The 4 wheel drive show is over and we had some members who helped us out on the day but we could have used a few more - Numbers is the name of the game for these shows.

We will send out thanks to those people separately.

We really need your help on the APLA open day, we think it will be a big day and the committee in Perth just does not have the numbers to manage it alone. This will be a big day and we will be able to showcase APLA to many people.

Basically we need some arms and legs to;

- Help Set up around 9am (Stall, Chairs in the hall and so on)

- Some helpers on the stalls (Membership - handing out forms and basic info about APLA, Sausage sizzle, Merchandise stall and raffle ticket sellers)

- help to clean up and pack the chairs away from 3pm

Please email me or ring John Plummer on 94474726 if you can help it will be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the pamphlet for the event which will be held at the Duncraig Community Hall Corner Marmion Ave and Warwick Rd Duncraig, there will be plenty of parking at the venue.

Regards
Bill O'Connor
Secretary"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 7:06 pm

Cat how long is the application wait these days--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 7:38 pm

I'm not really sure. What I do know is the issues of membership delay and the website were discussed at length at the AGM in early October. I and others did stress that it needed a big improvement and quickly with it. However, so far I haven't seen much action to sort out the problems.

But we are trying.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:28 pm

For those who are already members, you should have received your renewal notice. If you pay now you should get your new card quick.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the renewals are no longer handled by APLA themselves.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:52 pm

Cliff,

Correct. The admin end of APLA is handled by a company called "Business Precision". However, as usual they rely on APLA telling 'em what's going on and what APLA want. Sometimes it's difficult.jkihyig 

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 19 Nov 2013, 8:32 pm

I can tell ya one thing Cat, there's a ballsup with email addresses.
I copped 2 renewals and one wasn't for me. but they have my email address attached to the other persons name.
I paid mine less than a week ago, I'll let ya's know when I receive my new card.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 7:36 am

Cliff,

I gotta sort this out! This whole schmozzle is a very sore point with me. It's APLA's shop window and we could do a lot better than we are doing. I'm not sure if this is a problem with our internals or with our contractors that do the mail outs.

Can you pm me some details or send me an email with your phone number(s) and I'll call you.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down