Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region

+3
picknshovel
Bignuggs
Shelby23
7 posters

Go down

A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region  Empty A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region

Post by Shelby23 Mon 07 Oct 2013, 5:35 pm

A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines for stealing six packs from tourists in Western Australia has met a tragic end.

Main Roads in the region confirmed on Monday the wild pig had been found dead after being hit by a truck near Port Hedland.

The pig, dubbed "Swino" by locals, had been hunted for weeks after raiding campsites at the De Grey River rest area in the South Hedland region last month.

"We had hoped he could become our mascot, so it is a sad end for him," Fionna Findley of Main Roads said.

"It is a very common occurrence for feral animals to get hit and killed by vehicles, but we are all a bit upset."

The pig was said to have drunk as many as 18 cans of beer in one session, before sticking his snout in bin bags to find late-night snacks left by tourists.

Witnesses even reported seeing the porcine predator picking a fight with a cow.

Officers had been trying to locate the animal, who had kept his snout clean since his booze-up a month ago.

Shelby23

Back to top Go down

A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region  Empty Re: A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region

Post by Bignuggs Mon 07 Oct 2013, 6:06 pm

Ha ha ya beat me to it.  Ya gotta ask, what are them Pilbara boys doing to them poor piggies  Razz Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region  Empty Re: A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region

Post by picknshovel Mon 07 Oct 2013, 6:24 pm

First it was, Cows with guns, then along comes a pig after my own heart.
R.I.P. Pig

"Last time I drank 18 cans of beer and fought a cow, she kicked my ass and divorced me."

"if people can act like pigs when they're drunk..."

"Bacon done right."

"Friends don't let pigs wander while drunk!"

"...what I did last night!"

"the pigs used to nick my beer all the time too Sad"

LMAO...
picknshovel
picknshovel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 6:32 pm

swino certainly got world wide notoriety.

RIP

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:23 am

ditto , RIP to pssy pig
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk 51 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm

RIP Swino,Red Dog and all the other animals that have made history in WA.

Hawk 51

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm

RIP Swino, now he's tenderized and marinated hmmmmmm. arrrggghhhhhh

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:17 pm

Ha, there is a hotel down in Tassie that has been built on a farm.
Trust me, their pig would drunk that WA pig under the table.

They had bus loads of people dropping in and buying six pak's for it
to drink.
Hell at the end of the day mongrel was still trying to cadge another bottle.
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:39 pm

thats not the "pub in the paddock" is it, in the top or S/E of tassy i have visited there when my parents lived in tassy in the Naughty's, best pub around and has been copied in WA south west somewhere. home made brews, hmm

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 4:34 am

You gotta ask yourself whether we humans did in fact evolved from apes or maybe it might have been from bush pigs, A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region  490525052 cannibals called human meat "long pig" so maybe they were on to something, A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region  452991977 also we (well some of us) tend to show the same traits at times.kwdf 

Seems all to familiar, beer swilling, picking fights with fat cow's, getting the munchies after being on the piss all night, trying to cadge a free beer when out of cash, falling asleep on the road after getting sloshed, A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region  2225825816 ,.......

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 17 Oct 2013, 6:19 pm

au-fever wrote:You gotta ask yourself whether we humans did in fact evolved from apes or maybe it might have been from bush pigs, A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region  490525052 cannibals called human meat "long pig" so maybe they were on to something, A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region  452991977 also we (well some of us) tend to show the same traits at times.kwdf 

Seems all to familiar, beer swilling, picking fights with fat cow's, getting the munchies after being on the piss all night, trying to cadge a free beer when out of cash, falling asleep on the road after getting sloshed, A BEER-SWILLING feral pig that made headlines from South Hedland region  2225825816 ,.......

au-fever
lol!   that's funny.  I like it  kwdf

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down