Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME AGAIN--photos added

2 posters

Go down

HOME AGAIN--photos added Empty HOME AGAIN--photos added

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:04 am

WELL THATS ANOTHER ADVENTURE to knock off the bucket list before I drop dead. Nullagine-Mt Elsie-Mozzie Creek--Marble Bar Hotel and a mine on the way home..
Another 1000km trip with nothing too much to show for it apart from the great company that was with me and some great photos.
Well we did get some colour but only about half an ounce.
Met some great characters and even got an invite to tea whilst at the Marble Bar Hotel by a friendly young lass, but by the time we got the message we were on our way home....next time..

Changed vehicles for this trip but the motor has a bad knock so will have to be changed--lucky I have 2 spare ones.
The old ute will be sold off and I will stick with the troopy--will have to change a few more things including the roof rack--which I just happen to have a spare one lying around the workshop and hook up a big heavy duty battery to run my new fridge--yep finally goin to retire me old engle that has served me for 30 years.

I will throw a few photos up when I get a bit of time..

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday monday on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

HOME AGAIN--photos added Empty Re: HOME AGAIN--photos added

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 6:35 pm

what a gem and a real part of history --still in reasonably good condition--sorry but u wont drive away in it...t model or something of that vintage--
out near Cooks creek..i think..
HOME AGAIN--photos added P8060191

yep it even had a pushy just in case they broke down--
HOME AGAIN--photos added P8060195

A lesson on how to use your GPS--some r slower than the rest on the uptake--the gruesome two some.

HOME AGAIN--photos added P8040185

crossing of the Nullagine river at cookes was attempted but the erosion and water held us back
HOME AGAIN--photos added P8060196
regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday monday on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 6:51 pm

the places we go r not for the faint hearted or 4 someone who has brought a new car and doesn't want it scratched let alone blow a few tyres--minimum 10 ply tyres --I use 14ply tyres and I get apprehensive on some of my outings to the back of bum nuts.
HOME AGAIN--photos added P8050189

yep thought I would recharge the battery on the new ONEDAY--an old troopy I had lying around..
HOME AGAIN--photos added P8050188

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 7:19 pm

we made a couple of videos of our illustrious trip and will post on here a bit later--as soon as we can edit the language--reckon they will go viral on utube if they make it that far..what a bunch of idiots the women reckon, that's why no women ever want to come with us.

Mind u we r turning into very good cooks--its either cook or starve and die coz no one will ever give a hoot about us.

Trust me if u want to have a go at this full time--think again its no walk in the park and if u don't have a few very good leases somewhere then all u will ever do is steal someone else's gold.

Checked out the motor in the vehicle and yep will have to drop another motor in the old troopy on the week end -- lucky I've got a couple lying around.

more to come as soon as I can upload them.

Mt Elsie and what a land mark she is with those faults...well we hope it was elsie..coz we walked the area and didn't find what we were looking for, plus it was the highest hill with a can on it..

HOME AGAIN--photos added P8040179

a nice bunch of flowers for the girls out there--
HOME AGAIN--photos added P8040180

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 7:41 pm

another piece of gear out the back of mozzie creek--I think it was dumped there and never used--theres no sign of any activity--but the bees have made it home--
HOME AGAIN--photos added P8070203

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 09 Aug 2013, 7:53 pm

Flowers for the ladies, who ya kidding Ray  Razz   you love ya flowers  flower   lol! 

I reckon that's why ya head out, it's not the gold ya after, it's to see the pretty wild flowers   HOME AGAIN--photos added 3179412840 

HOME AGAIN--photos added P8040110
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 09 Aug 2013, 7:59 pm

nice pics Oneday. sounds like a great trip. great scenery, good company and a bit of yella.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:09 pm

about the same amount of yellow on those red flowers..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down