Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

false signals in the wet

+2
Bignuggs
AnnieL
6 posters

Go down

false signals in the wet Empty false signals in the wet

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 6:04 am

have had a few blokes coming up to me and saying that they were having problems with falsing due to the wet ground conditions.

The clay and iron in the ground does take its toll when its wet. similar sound when u get a signal of magnetite--not a sharp signal.

haven't got any suggestions that will remedy that short term solution, just wait for the weather to dry the place
out a bit more.

due to the soaking rains -the place will take a bit longer to dry up.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

false signals in the wet Empty Re: false signals in the wet

Post by AnnieL Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:52 am

Hi oneday,  I'm not familiar with the ground here in WA yet but watched a Johnathan Porter GPX 5000 DVD once where he was detecting after rain and he said salt comes up from the earth during the wet and he put the setting to Salt/Gold to help overcome the interference.

Maybe that is a solution for those with a 5000?

Cheers
Annie

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 30 Jun 2013, 5:36 pm

This is something that has always interested me. I would have thort, softer ground is better to get a signal. Maybe the newer machines are too sensitive, I don't know.
If ya think about it, the ground is usually hard and dry, sometimes the ground is hard as concrete to dig thru. So why does wet ground confuse the detectors.
Salt interference ? I'll leave that to the experts.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Fri 05 Jul 2013, 5:03 pm

After heavy rain you can get very sweet signals from wet patches of ground, as soon as you dig a few inches you see a small area of about a foot or so round of wet soil, im told that old bushes that have died off and the root system which has rotted away leaves holes in the soil which fill up after rain giving off a signal, its no big problem, just dig it like you would any other ground noise that could turn into a nugget,cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 05 Jul 2013, 8:13 pm

Lets get real .....swing  swing , beep beep .... dig  dig , aint hi tech folks , poofteenth of hearing nugget availiability wet or dry ... these guys crack me up with this over the top high tech carry on & these SAM  experts , self appointed managers  that come round each year on their aus minelab vacation round trip & tell ya this setting n that ..... then the opposite next year round , they preach a different tale ,,,just read your manual folks  & itl  be fine ,cheers that's Kenny on ya Kornflakes WTF would I know anyhows ha ha, albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:03 am

Ahhhh Albo. I could not have said it better myself.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jul 2013, 7:19 pm

Any Intel on some goss on the WEB about UV detracting the Signals ( %25 about'ish ) from ya coil in Scorching Direct Sun ...........& Night Detecting with Less UV makes your Detector work more efficiently. Or should this be filed under Myths & Legends ..........along with virgins and stuff like that ? .

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Sat 27 Jul 2013, 8:31 pm

Less emi at night bud no sun To pump it out

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Brettis87 Sun 28 Jul 2013, 12:27 pm

My super battery headlamps will sort that out Tom! ;-)

Brettis87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down