Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is the Gold ?

+8
martinjsto
albo
Gold Diver
Flying kiwi
metalprobe
groundrush
koeh
Bignuggs
12 posters

Go down

Where is the Gold ? Empty Where is the Gold ?

Post by Bignuggs Thu 18 Apr 2013, 7:51 pm

We all got books and maps and we know the history of the goldfields thru out Oz and there's a heap of stuff on the internet. But where's the most unlikely place you have found a piece of Gold and all the advice and history told you there was nothing there.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Where is the Gold ? Empty Re: Where is the Gold ?

Post by koeh Thu 18 Apr 2013, 9:42 pm

On the local golf course spotted a specie teeing off,also another little specie that my daughter and I found in the kids playground,but she lost it a week later.

koeh

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Fri 19 Apr 2013, 5:40 pm

G,day koeh
What about the pit at the front gate of the golf club, the story is
they where pulling out gravel for the roads and some one from Peko
had it tested and it went 8grams to the ton. Shocked
And I think it was big Dougie who told me that his Mum picked up a 5 gram clean piece on a tee of the old golf club. Bit hazy but it went something like that. Very Happy
Never mind finding it ,my wife lost a $1200 GOLD bracelet on the Kambalda golf course
last year, never got it back so someone got lucky. pale

groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 5:00 pm

Last edited by Yilgarn on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by metalprobe Mon 22 Apr 2013, 10:15 pm

Very Happy

metalprobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 23 Apr 2013, 4:53 am

Gold roads are sitting on some interesting ground out yamarna, would definately be a few patches out there waiting to be walked over....
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Diver Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:17 pm

The most unlikely place I found gold was a spot everyone said had been hammered to hell. You know the spot? The spot that you know has been hammered to death, but you just need a quick fix and without going to the end of the earth, or applying for an extended leave pass from the Mrs.

I found a great little nugget, about 20 cm up the side if a tree, in a mounded heap of dirt. Obviously from someone years before pushing with a Dozer. You just never know?

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Where is the Gold ? Empty Where is the Gold ?

Post by albo Tue 30 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm

1-100,000 maps , follow the czl areas[ pisolitic iron ]with faults that have contacts with the pink granite colours on the map ....boundry ride & detect the edges of the granites , same rules all areas. not saying its a cert , but first place & best chance to try.
Thats for finding a new patch which has worked for me in the past & so for a lot of my full time mates as well , luckily theres enough granite to go round for a life time yet & flying each week to the east pibara looking out the window , its immense .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Tue 30 Apr 2013, 5:43 pm

Gold, gold, gold, gold!
Bright and yellow, hard and cold;
Molten, graven, hammered, rolled,
Heavy to get, and light to hold;
Stolen, borrowed, squandered, doled.
groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 30 Apr 2013, 7:26 pm

Gold Gold
Second verse
Same as the first
A litle bit harder
A little bit worse
Here we go...... some of the misadventures iv endured for the quest for gold .. flat tyres.. self repairs, bogged for 3 days in a salt lake 130 km east from wiluna , living in a swamp .. abuse from d icks ..get off my lease ,you poacher........ busted springs , broken wheel studs , leaking radiator , rooted battery , wheel bearing siezed, failed alternator in remote mid Gascoyne area , dog jumped out of the back of the ute at 110km & busted her hip & had to shoot her, new solar panels got driven over when i was p*ssed.... the list is long & to finish, lost for 36 hours in the bush , thirsty , cold night...

gold gold

albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2013, 8:50 pm

Albo u need a woman--one who can drive--one who is mechanically minded--and a bloody nurse wouldn't go astray..

Regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 02 May 2013, 6:42 pm

on old computer parts if you can extract it. quite a bit on some old ram modules and CPU's sitting at the side of the road in bulk collections.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:55 pm

Flying kiwi wrote:Gold roads are sitting on some interesting ground out yamarna, would definately be a few patches out there waiting to be walked over....
Bugger should have picked up some shares in them would have doubled my money!! Twisted Evil

http://hfgapps.hubb.com/asxtools/Charts.aspx?asxCode=GOR&chartType=3&volumeInd=9&TimeFrame=D6
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Wed 28 Aug 2013, 1:10 pm

x Laughing 
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by hanson Sat 21 Sep 2013, 4:56 pm

The gold was up at Leonora, but a week after the get together my better half ..... tongue in cheek pulled out a 20.6gm and a 0.8 gm to my measly effort of ..... wait for it 0.2 gm
only 2ks from the camp out
hanson
hanson

Back to top Go down

Where is the Gold ? Empty Mary's find at Mertondale on the right of the coin, mine on the left ;o((

Post by hanson Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:08 pm

Where is the Gold ? IMG_0212_zps712d41a5
hanson
hanson

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:32 pm

I spent a week in my old stomping groungs in noreast victoria as i normally do once a year to catch up with family and did a little panning in the buckland river as i also normally do ,mainly to cool down as pickings in the river are sparce these days,or so I thought.Its that old chestnut again`think outside the box`well anyway I went for a wander dug a bucketful from out in the middle of a paddock,dragged it back tthe river and washed it to reveal close to ten times what the river was producing-if I wasnt a nugget hunter from the west and had more time I would have a real good look into that-dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:28 am

Flying kiwi wrote:
Flying kiwi wrote:Gold roads are sitting on some interesting ground out yamarna, would definately be a few patches out there waiting to be walked over....
Bugger should have picked up some shares in them would have doubled my money!! Twisted Evil

http://hfgapps.hubb.com/asxtools/Charts.aspx?asxCode=GOR&chartType=3&volumeInd=9&TimeFrame=D6

this is starting to seriously piss me off!! would have quadrupled my money on the shares that had doubled in value back in august.  Where is the Gold ? 4066623196  Where is the Gold ? 4066623196  Where is the Gold ? 4066623196  jhgigfif  Where is the Gold ? 729094268  Where is the Gold ? 729094268 

who know any thing about the Yamarna belt? whos been there? anyone.....

the scale and pace of discovery's out there are pretty amazing all basically virgin ground.
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 26 Jun 2014, 11:19 am

i havnt been there Tom but got close when I went out with UTBN we ended up about 140km east of leinster. i think we were north of Yamarna in the Barwidgee area. certainly found gold but not a lot in total. definitely worth a trip out there sometime. I too wish i knew about the share price back in August but with the results coming in there should still be money to be made trading just missed the run.

martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun 2014, 11:36 am

15 k's up the road. Flogged for 30 years. Jagged over 8 ounces out of it. NOW IT'S FLOGGED!!! Where is the Gold ? 3179412840 

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Mon 07 Jul 2014, 4:25 pm

Nobody quite knows where it is now  drunken 

One of my favourite lost treasure yarns has no map, but involves luck, human frailty and the skeleton of a horse. Brock's Creek is about 160 kilometers south-west of Darwin. A group of men made a lucky strike on a very rich find there in1880. Swearing off the grog, they worked hard to get as much of the gold into the saddle-packs of one of their horses, before the wet season and lack of food overcame them. At the end of a week or so they had the horses saddled and ready to go with a fortune in the saddle-packs.

They decided to have a drink to celebrate their good fortune. 'The one' became 'the few' and then too many. Their drunken merrymaking frightened the horses away, including the one with the gold. Despite months of desparate searching, the men never found the horse. It is said that prospectors inthe Northern Territory still look closely at any bones they find in the hope that they may stumble again across the 'Dead Horse Treasure'.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down