Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hire a dd coil

5 posters

Go down

hire a dd coil Empty hire a dd coil

Post by martinjsto Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:36 pm

Hi all,
This may be a bit of a unusual request, but does anyone know someone I can temporarily hire (2 weeks) a dd coil for a minelab 4000. reeds dont hire without a detector hire. the background is...
Jason has gratefully offered to meet up on Thursday and head off to some areas he knows of for a week of detecting.
for me, this would amount to a crash course in gold detecting, from what I have read, Jason is a well respected and successful prospector, and as a newbie, I could not ask for a better introduction and am in aw at Jason's generosity and offer.
so I have re-arranged my life for the next 2 weeks, managed to borrow a 4000 and am getting the car ready to go but have hit a snag, Jason messaged me and has suggested that I need a double D coil and it would be a waist of time on the ground without one. the unit I have only has a 11" mono and a 18 " nugget finder. both being mono.
so I need a double D by Wednesday and have practically exhausted my funds for the trip getting vehicle fuel and gear together and therefor cannot afford to purchase one at this time. and am willing to drive anywhere through Perth suburbs to (borrow) one if someone could offer one for use and will be happy to throw a few grams (or a agreed percentage), of what I find and I WILL be honest, in the direction of the owner. (i have an arrangement with the owner of the 4000) and at the end of the day, I just want to learn and get out bush and am happy to share any results, the way I see it is that I wont find much anyway with the wrong equipment so I will not really be giving anything away as I will have nothing or very little without the right gear.
does that make sense??? scratch
i will photograph the trip and my finds and post here as I am able. I think Cliff has posted some pics for Jason already due to the lack of internet out bush, may have to do the same cliff if you dont mind, I am taking my laptop and can use my phone as a hotspot so as long as I have reception then all will be fine... but as a backup.
cheers for any help
Martin

martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

hire a dd coil Empty Re: hire a dd coil

Post by Flying kiwi Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:22 am

bud ive got a std 11" you can borrow no worries, only get back to perth tues night though

send us a pm if your keen

cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Digdog Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:43 am

If ya coming throug kalgoorlie I could lend ya one standard 11

Digdog

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:35 am

wow, thanks guys, you cannot get a better bunch of people, i have been offered a set of DD for the trip from a local fellow in Perth and am picking up tonight. all good now. A huge thanks for all the offers. oil change and pack and off i go on Wednesday. wish me luck. l;wfh

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Digdog Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:58 pm

No worries Tom good luck with ya trip bud hope ya find a few bits and learn a shite load while ya out there Very Happy

Digdog

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 15 Apr 2013, 1:26 pm

so do I, so do I.... l;wfh wtf l;wfh hire a dd coil 4066623196 l;wfh QK; l;wfh kwdf What a Face cheers

Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by badboybilly Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:04 pm

Hey what goes around comes around so be honest and enjoy,and don't forget to send it back, hire a dd coil 1946659557
badboybilly
badboybilly

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:39 pm

always lived by that motto badboybilly. Karma can be wonderful or a real Bit%H.
we have a property in McAlinden in the S/W called KAMA Acres. (Karen and Martin)
It will return 10 fold

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by decanfrost Wed 01 May 2013, 8:05 pm

What was the outcome of this run...Any Gold

Would of thought the 11 Mono to have been able to run on any ground with a 400!.

But DD all good !
decanfrost
decanfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 01 May 2013, 8:13 pm

yep great coil on the area we were in, just went off local knowledge, trashed area with little gold, ended up using mono in new area and found 2 species
see my post "here we go here we go".
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down