Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rained in,at Sandstone

+2
lbg dreamer
shorty
6 posters

Go down

Rained in,at Sandstone Empty Rained in,at Sandstone

Post by shorty Fri 01 Mar 2013, 7:37 am

Been planning a trip to Sandstone, picked up the new camper trailer Tuesday, headed off Wednesday after lunch got here yesterday, quite cloudy and windy set up camp which took awhile with the new camper. Detected for about an hour and half with no luck, during the night the rain started and the wind got stronger so looks like we are stuck indoors today with the iPad and Internet,(gee I like technology) the forecast for the next few days looks good so should get some serious swinging in, got to be back at work Tuesday but its good to be in the goldfields again, I get a six day break once a month so it's short trips for us at the moment, hope to put some pics up soon.
Chris

Rained in,at Sandstone Image10
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Rained in,at Sandstone Empty Re: Rained in,at Sandstone

Post by lbg dreamer Fri 01 Mar 2013, 11:43 am

Gee mate hope the weather pics up for ya
And you grab yourself some good gold
Very Happy
Great looking spot there also

lbg dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Fri 01 Mar 2013, 4:33 pm

G'Day Shorty,
Hey mate whats the temp like up there at the moment? I'm waiting for things to cool down to 30 degrees or less otherwise I melt, just itching to get away I've been doing some work on our Camper Trailer nearly all good to go. Heading off to Esperance late March then head back through Kal on the way home, got 3 weeks off doing the round trip so will do some detecting around Kal get our first bits for 2013 we hope.
Happy swinging up there Shorty and lets know how you finish up.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 5:17 pm

G'day Chris & June, Hope the weather Gods smile on ya closely followed by the Gold Gods !
Reckon you guys will be able to write a great article on camping in the bush, The positives & negatives of each form of camping, Dont reckon you can beat "The Bus".
Have fun out there !
Cheers
Ash n Ali
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Fri 01 Mar 2013, 7:21 pm

Temp around Laverton today has been in the low 20s with non stop rain, the roads will be closed so no trips into town for me, so its just sit back and lweg in front of a fire cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 9:20 pm

like ya set up shorty--pity about the weather but we all knew it was headed that way once Rusty crossed the coast..ring the boss up and tell him u will be stuck there for at least a week..

If he starts ranting and raving just tell him he is breaking up and thanks for understanding..then hang up real quick.. lol!

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Mon 04 Mar 2013, 8:53 pm

Well home again back to work tomorrow, the rain went away and the weather was really good,mid 20s and then 40 yesterday afternoon when we were packing up, picked up four pieces for two grams (whoopee time to retire) got two pieces in about ten minutes not far from someone else's old hole. Next day walked fifty metres from camp and got one and then ten feet away one more, that was it, chained both spots and nothing else to be found, walked a lot of country and really enjoyed the new camper, can't wait to get out again. Just warming up for the Muster.
Chris and June
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:03 pm

Good stuff Chris & June, hope ya's had a top time. Now tease me with the pics of the gold Razz
I need to remind myself what it looks like Rained in,at Sandstone 3179412840 Twisted Evil

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:14 pm

Attachments
Rained in,at Sandstone Attachment
image.jpg Here you go. :)You don't have permission to download attachments.(220 Kb) Downloaded 40 times
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 5:27 am

Congrats guys, 4 more to the collection. How did you find the Camper Trailer ? Heading for Adelaide today to pick up a Toyota Workmate Wagon V8 TD to upgrade from the ol Nissan, More power & use less fuel but saying that the ol Nissan has done us pretty good.
Cheers
Ash n Ali
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down