Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reef speci

3 posters

Go down

reef speci Empty reef speci

Post by carms Thu 07 Feb 2013, 9:47 pm

Found a better picture of this one, found in the "throw out" pile of clay from a drive to a deep reef near Kal. It was covered in white clay and looked like a golfball! unfortunatly once the clay came off it shrunk in size Sad
Some of the gold is literally microns thin in some places...looks like its electroplated. Total weight 9.6grams SG gold content 3.3grams.
carms

PS moderatrs i couldnt load image through photobucket....lil help please getting to show up :)

reef speci Img_8910
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

reef speci Empty Re: reef speci

Post by martinjsto Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:23 pm

nice speci Carns, I cannot wait to find my first piece, hopefully it wont be a long haul. Very Happy
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:27 pm

Mate i see your from perth, if your ever hunting up north around Kal let me know and i may be able to point you in the right direction, ill be over there for a few years as of march
cheers
carms

PS dont give up though, you just have to persist & eventually it will show its bright shiny face! took me 3 solid weeks of detecting when i first went to WA to find my first nug!
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 08 Feb 2013, 4:41 pm

Thanks for the offer Carns and when I am near Kalgoorlie i will most certainly look you up. I was actually in the Menzies area a few weeks ago on my first trip, found nothing but an old cow bell that now takes pride and joy on my display shelf next to some hot rocks dug out from 8 inches deep in what looked like concrete LOL, but I didnt expect to really find much as I was relying on pure luck and the advice of a mate who worked in the emu mine in Agnew 20 odd yrs ago and apparently knew the spots reef speci 490525052 unfortunately there were huge open pits on them all. Finding a small nugget will be lovely and I am sure will come but its the companionship and the Australian bush that is the reward in every trip, a bit of gold just pays for it, we don't expect to retire from gold .... but you never know do you Wink .
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

reef speci Empty kangaroo gourmet delight

Post by albo Fri 08 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

hi Martinjsto it is about being out there , but also to pay expenses you would be better off using a 2100 at least next trip , im not being a smart ar*e , it would enhance your chances greatly & they are getting cheaper now . The ADS was good when the detecting fields were new but those days have passed. I see the determination there but with an upgrade youl be right amoungst it mate , cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

reef speci Empty reef speci

Post by albo Fri 08 Feb 2013, 5:53 pm

And back to the main thread subject , thats a lot of gold , reef gold , hope this fellas crossed the tees & dotted the i s on the location , sure to get a visit from you know who .Putting it on the net will get some attention all right .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 08 Feb 2013, 6:07 pm

cheers Albo, no probs buddy yep new detector coming, its on the list.
looking at the pic its a specimen with about 3 grams of gold, does that small amount still require all the t's crossed and I's dotted, GPS co-ordinates etc? sorry for the newbie question.

Last edited by martinjsto on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ps)
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 08 Feb 2013, 7:34 pm

are sorry there Martinjsto i was on the wrong thread with that comment & thanks for picking me up on that , i was refering to the large slab of quartz & smelted button that was on another thread .....silly old sausage i am ,have another stubby, albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 09 Feb 2013, 1:04 pm

ah ha, following you now, no worries Albo Very Happy , yep that is a nice chunk of rock and you would want to have your paperwork in order for that. as i understand it they can identify the gold crystals or something that tells them where you found it.
I think I might as well bight the bullet and fork out for the 5000 Carns, I am getting a new vehicle so an extra 5k on a proper detector and a few more for equipment and spare coils and batteries is worth the cost. we intend on doing this for our retirement in a few yrs full time so might as well get set up now. cheers guys
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:51 pm

if your not going to do it full time for a few years i would suggest not forking out a heap of cash for a 5000 for it just to sit around for a few years only used sparingly.....you could cut a few $1000 off your costs and buy a 4500 or even a 3500 etc and then in a few years when your ready to do it full time then fork out for the latest and greatest....i may be wrong but in a few years i would be surprised if Minelab hadnt released another model
Or if cash isnt an issue then get the 5000 and trade it up when a new model come out if thats what you want.
my 2 cents spend it as you wish
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down