Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH

+13
bluedog
Shelby23
martinjsto
snapper
albo
mulgadansa
Rege-PA
boobook
goldpan
Gold Diver
Digginerup
madmav
Bignuggs
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH  Empty TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH

Post by Bignuggs Wed 06 Feb 2013, 7:11 pm

Here's some quotes from my email and it will certainly make me more popular than I am now.

"If ya don’t like what I’m saying, guess what, I don’t f**kin care". And guess what, I didn't care what they thought.
"Start ya own f**kin forum, see how it feels being treated like a piece of shite". Yep, I certainly said that but more to come on the reason why I said it
"Wotifs campfire classics” has to go. I don’t care what any of ya’s think, get rid of it or I will". Wotif himself was not the cause of this shite fight and I make that quite clear. We already had a joke section and I really did not see a need for a special section. It was created by someone who really didn't care what anyone else had to say.
"Forum Merchandise", this has turned out to be bad joke. I will be deleting the sticky post and it’s not for discussion. It’s the last time I will spend money to promote the forum and anyone who mentions T shirts will cop an ear full from me". And I don't back down from making this comment either. Guess who was paying for everything as it is ? if T shirts did get made, guess who would have had to pay them also ?

Now here's the full response I was going to post when I was still in a total rage. I did calm down and decided against it, the few people who did ask for a better explanation got to see this and I did ask them to keep it to themselves, for their eyes only but it appears someone chose to share it.
So here goes, make up your own mind. Crucify me, not the Forum.

By now you surely know the “crisis” has hit the fan and I have spent most of this week wondering if it was worth responding to the attacks I have received. It surprised me that it was only a select few who did attack without hearing both sides. That’s life, and it is democracy at work, you are entitled to an opinion, but I couldn’t believe the attacks from people without them knowing why. I have now chosen not to be silent and I will defend my actions.
Many thanks to the people who sent kind messages. This Forum is still here for you, not for me or a select group.
So, here we go. I’m posting this and fully expect to see an empty forum in a few days time.

Despot, Black Dog sufferer, Jeckyl & Hyde and Dougie. Just a few of the things I’ve been called.
Despot NO, Jeckyl & Hyde NO, Dougie ??? NO, Moody Prick YES

So let’s get this out in the open then you can make up your own minds.

For quite a while I have not been happy how one man has treated the forum like he owned it and ran it his way or “no way”. I tried damn hard to keep my mouth shut but it appeared to me, my opinion really counted for nothing, I was just the clown who kept digging into his wallet to pay to keep everything running. I did say on many occasions, it was a cost I would carry but not once did any of the others offer one red cent in financial assistance but they were happy to sit back and get the kudos.

Who do you think forked out close to $1200.00 for the Forum Merchandise, to try and make a bit of money for the Muster in September, coz someone had BIG PLANS with no idea how to pay for them and when I heard of some of the plans from one of the moderators, I had bloody nightmares. Yes, I said I was in it but, I was never in agreement with it as it was posted without consultation. Once it was up, I had no choice but to go along with it. What a sucker I was.

Who do you think pays for the storage space on the forum and that’s $30.00 a pop and that has to be done about 4 to 5 times a year. Who paid the money so we had our own URL ? that’s another $180.00 every 2 years at the moment, who pays to keep the advertising out ? now you know why Stephanie disappeared.

Cast your memory back a short while to a post I put up about a member being attacked in the forum, and not for the first time I will add. Yep the man you all think has the sun shining out of his rear end. Someone in this world knows him well and they got stuck into him. Had me thinking I can tell you.

Ever wondered why the ladies who join the forum don’t stick around long ? I can tell you this, I got fed up getting pm’s and emails complaining about “Sunshine”. Except for one notable occasion which “Sunshine” is aware of and I will never ever repeat anywhere, how did I respond to the comments in those messages, I defended the man every damn time and I kept that lot to myself. Guess what that does to ya brain after awhile. It was driving me insane and I’ve never drank so much booze in all my life to drown it out.

It got to the point where all this crap had been boiling inside me, I’d had an absolute gutful, the bubble burst and I snapped. I won’t quote word for word what I said to them but here’s the basics without the bad language I used.
• Forum Merchandise: This has turned out to be bad joke. I will be deleting the sticky post and it’s not for discussion. It’s the last time I will spend money to promote the forum and anyone who mentions T shirts will cop an ear full from me.
• I wanted changes made.
• I didn’t care if they liked what I was saying
• They could go start their own forum if they didn’t like what I was saying
• And see how it feels to be treated like a piece of shite

Sam/burnsy deserves a special mention for his help to set up our own URL, thank you for your time and efforts Sam.

Goldstrijk, a true gentleman,and the only one who didn’t attack me. I know he’s p*ssed off with me. I offer my apologies to you for destroying your trust and faith.

Many thanks to those who didn’t jump to conclusions and for your understanding during this “crisis”. Many thanks to all who have stayed and many thanks if you have bothered to read this.

I can hear your minds ticking over, what or who do you believe ? That’s a choice only you can make.

So there you have it, think what you will and attack me all you like. I’m still here and my headaches have gone.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH  Empty Re: TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH

Post by madmav Wed 06 Feb 2013, 7:28 pm

hey there Nuggs, this is still one of the best forums and the dust will settle and people will settle, opinions are free, but the bottom line is we are all here for the same common reason, to find gold and to learn how from the many great ppl on here who make this a great forum,,,,,
so time for everyone to relate to the gold and this resource and enjoy it

said my bit lmao

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH  Empty Re: TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 8:08 pm

Hope it is a lesson learned by all, one way or another.
Personally life is to short.
Its our pursuit of a precious metal that drags us together and friendships are born.
The forum wouldn't be here if it wasnt for the hidden treasures--all its members.
Sadly sometimes its that same identity that drags us apart.

The funny thing about forums and especially this one is that we all talk to each other like we have all known each other for years and a lot of u will travel thousands of kilometers to meet up yet out of the 500 odd members I have only met about half a dozen people and they live in the pilbara.

I have never met Cliff-Pete-Chris-Steve-the list goes on yet I treat them all as friends, and there are a lot of u out there that I dont even know your bloody names...but I still treat u all --well almost all as friends, there is a couple of bum steers out there that rub me up the wrong way and I have told them so..

I call a spade a spade and a poof a poof--I dont have to be politically correct--I'm not a bloody politician and trust me theres enough queers amoungs that lot as well.

As a mate of mine said--If u dont want me to piss on ya tree then dont leave a scent--and yes --I havent met this old bugger but I treat him as a good friend..

So there u have an opinion of someone who thinks this forum is a members forum and should always be treated that way..and it just needs to focus and make some money--

I will shut up and let someone else stand on the box..if they wish.

regards
Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Digginerup Wed 06 Feb 2013, 8:46 pm

Here's hoping that the forum can progress beyond this little hiccup, the hardest things to manage in any forum or club or even workplace for that matter are individual personalities, sometimes the best that can happen is a parting of ways, best wishes for the future to all involved. Wink

Wayne. cheers

Digginerup

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Diver Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:38 pm

I am lost with all that has gone on, but I will say this......

Gold prospecting is like any business, you need to trust who you deal with.
The internet is a different world, and from what I see on gold prospecting forums, it can go pear shaped very fast.
Just because a person is good at writing a tonne of crap on a forum, and come across as a good person, might not be quite what you expect in real life. Especially when money is involved. (Not pointing fingers)

Cliff, you have a great forum, and don't feel bad if you have to make the hard decisions. Mark Zuckerberg p*ssed a few people off along the way.
If advertising helps this forum, and takes the pressure off you, why would you not consider it? You cant continue to loose money.

Yes, you can come across a bit grumpy, but obviously comes with the pressure of running the forum.

Get yourself some good people to help, move on, and lets get the show back into full swing? TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH  1214499189

GD

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Post by goldpan Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:30 pm

Good to know Nuggs,
feeling under-appreciated is one of the worst feelings in life,theres always the hard working quite people that get shat on while the loud mouths take all the glory lol! happens ALL the time everyday.
this is only my opinion.i think everyone here is awesome either way and most are older than me so, respect :afro:

goldpan

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Thu 07 Feb 2013, 5:22 am

Good on you Cliff, and well said.
Your openness is very much appreciated. cheers
Mike H
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Thu 07 Feb 2013, 9:20 am

To those who are no longer with us, I will miss all the good advice and info that you contributed so generously but I read gold forums to gain information and I need all the help I can get so I look forward to reading some new posts from other members who may want to step up and share their knowledge and expertise.

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:23 am

Gday Cliff and All
Never met anyone off this forum but I think I can understand where you're coming from. Same sort of shite seems to go on in all sorts of clubs etc. Same people doing everything and bugger all thanks for it.
The forum looks good, it's WA biased Very Happy and I'm sure things will pan out for the best long term.
Maybe we should all chuck in a couple of bucks membership to take the load off Cliff?
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:38 am

A fair thing to do Brett , im in , how much & where to. cheers albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:30 pm

To raise a bit of cash maybe a $10 donation when a person reaches 100 posts, not much to cough up but alot if everybody did it wegr and by the time you reach your 100 posts your addicted to the forum whgirt so you will pay, is the heat getting to me QK; or is this a good idea cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH  Empty fair enough

Post by martinjsto Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:49 pm

good idea Brett, removing some of the financial pressure from one to all is only fair and wont work out to be much anyway, I am in. good on ya Cliff for saying your mind and clarifying what has been happening for us newbies, online relationships come and go, best to move on learning from the experience. life is too short and there is too much gold to be found. everyone has some valuable knowledge and experience to share and it is fantastic we can share this info in this great forum.
thanks again Cliff,
Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby23 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:58 pm

What a load of rubbish this post is

Shelby23

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:08 pm

well said snapper iam no were near rich but i will put in $10 let me no when Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Diver Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:50 pm

Shelby23 wrote:What a load of rubbish this post is

You have made 4 posts total, and you want to rubbish people trying to help on this forum. If your not trolling ( Google Forum Troll) then say something constructive.

GD

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 5:08 pm

tHERE u go shelby23--nothin good to say then shut up--move on and let the rest who are informed do what they have to do.
It must be hard to flick the page and read something else that might interest you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digginerup Thu 07 Feb 2013, 5:15 pm

Shelby23 wrote:What a load of rubbish this post is

Jesus shelby23!, say what you think eh! Rolling Eyes got something on your liver you need to get off or would like to share?, or will you just let us hang with your cryptic negativity, can't wait for post 5 Rolling Eyes .

Wayne. Wink

Digginerup

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 08 Feb 2013, 8:29 pm

Guys your generosity has stunned me but this is a "FREE" forum for members. It is up to management to finance the running of it. The idea of donations was put to me a few times and I refused to do it. So keep on doing what ya doing.
Unfortunately there is another surprise coming but it won't hurt anyone Very Happy it's just a decision I had to make and I truly think it will be good for the forum's future.

Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH  Empty TIME TO GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND DONE WITH

Post by albo Fri 08 Feb 2013, 9:11 pm

Another surprise & unfortunate in the same sentence , will this take long Cliff , just wondering ,albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 08 Feb 2013, 9:38 pm

All is cool man, believe me. Pleeeeeeaaaaase Very Happy

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporaticus Fri 08 Feb 2013, 9:45 pm

You better not have outsourced the forum to China Cliff, I hear they could run this site for a 3rd of a cent a day with 6 year old moderators chained to laptops, haha. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 08 Feb 2013, 9:59 pm

Outsource to China ? That will never happen Razz So here goes.
I was made an offer that I took some time to think about. It was a good offer and it will do this forum good. We carry on as usual, life as we know it won't change. Trust me.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Sat 09 Feb 2013, 8:25 am

Advert revenue?
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Digginerup Sat 09 Feb 2013, 8:34 am

Bignuggs wrote:Outsource to China ? That will never happen Razz So here goes.
I was made an offer that I took some time to think about. It was a good offer and it will do this forum good. We carry on as usual, life as we know it won't change. Trust me.

Hi Cliff , have I missed something , what is your big change?, an offer for what?

Wayne. cheers

Digginerup

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 09 Feb 2013, 9:14 am

Ok, here's the big secret Very Happy
I "sold" 50% of the forum to someone with a business head who will help this forum bigtime and financially. So we just continue going forward and getting better.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum