Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget Tech Coils

4 posters

Go down

Nugget Tech Coils Empty Nugget Tech Coils

Post by IFOne Sun 13 Jan 2013, 4:54 pm

What do users think of Nugget Tech Coils, I bought one of these (Dingo) and found it very quiet and was luckey enough to hit a good patch (approx 3 oz) with nuggets from .2gm to 20gm. However I have since heard rather disparaging views on these Coils so would appreciate any coments.

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Nugget Tech Coils Empty Re: Nugget Tech Coils

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 5:55 pm

Ive got a 18x12 NT, runs well now since the new lead and plug was fitted, gives good depth and sens.
Good solid build but not as light as Coiltek or Nugget finder.
What was the disparaging views you heard about them ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Mon 14 Jan 2013, 5:22 am

Ive got a 18x12 too, works well now that i have had a new lead and plug fitted TWICE. Mad
as far as depth and touch sensitivity go seem to be comparable to other coil brands
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:00 am

I've got the Dingo as well and after a hiccup with the lead and plug it's been good, although I must say, I find it difficult to go past the Minelab commander 11", it's an awesome coil

Back to top Go down

Nugget Tech Coils Empty Nugget Tech Coils

Post by IFOne Mon 14 Jan 2013, 7:37 pm

Answer to disparaging comments. Nothing specific people were said to have problems with earlier ones. Also I took both NT and Nugget finder similar size coils and changed over every day without finding any difference however Nugget finder was lighter.

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko Thu 27 Mar 2014, 7:40 pm

Hey Guys,
I also have a small Nugget Tech coil, Which i bought second hand. I use it for the first time the other night and it also seemed to be touch sensitive, When taking the plates off inside was clean as a whistle ( looked as new) So this makes me believe the lead could be the problem from what i have read.
Does anyone know who the guys are to send these coils to be looked at?? Cheers

Gekko

Back to top Go down

Nugget Tech Coils Empty Re: NUGGET Tech Coils

Post by Steady Eddie Fri 12 Dec 2014, 10:12 am

IFOne wrote:What do users think of Nugget Tech Coils, I bought one of these (Dingo) and found it very quiet and was luckey enough to hit a good patch (approx 3 oz) with nuggets from .2gm to 20gm. However I have since heard rather disparaging views on these Coils so would appreciate any coments.

Hi,
I'm afraid I have nothing good to report on the 18 by 12 (Dingo) I bought some two years ago.
I burried targets in average, as well as salty soils, and tested Commander/NF/and CT coils in the bush.
Invariably, it came off with poor results. Not only is it heavy, but when it did lock on to a target, the audio was
wishy-washy at best. I tried it once more on laterite; yet again it performed sub-standard, and is presently gathering dust
in the recovery box. Sorry, I,m not impressed.

Steady Eddie Evil or Very Mad

Steady Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down