Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good tip

+4
toad
Flakmagnet
Narrawa
snapper
8 posters

Go down

good tip Empty good tip

Post by snapper Mon 05 Nov 2012, 1:42 pm

To stop this happening?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
do this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

it stops the cable from swinging back and forth
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

good tip Empty Re: good tip

Post by Narrawa Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:31 pm

It is a good tip Snapper, iv had mine like this since the 4500 came out and im still using the original 4500 lead.
I taped the ends of the power lead and it never gets disconnected from the control box. I just unplug from the battery and wrap the lead round the arm rest when not in use.
Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Mon 05 Nov 2012, 4:09 pm

G,day Narrawa, i never disconect from the control box but i was told this tip of putting the lead through the top of the cover 3 months ago and now after wrecking a lead scratch i now do it this way all the time, some of us have to stuff up ourselves before we learn QK; cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Flakmagnet Wed 14 Nov 2012, 2:28 am

Yea that's the way I hook up the cord too.
It has been a life saver a couple of times when it snagged
branches in the Mother Lode.
Flakmagnet
Flakmagnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 5:03 am

I still have the original lead that came with our first 4000 over five years ago. I reckon it's because we have used that method since day one.

Robert

Back to top Go down

good tip Empty And Here's Another

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:20 am

Never walk out from camp to swing without a good amount of dunny paper tucked inside the control box cover Wink
Needs no explanation QK; good tip 3179412840

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:43 am

I use one of the straight patch leads. It doesn't bounce around like the curly ones and I prefer to use it.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:41 am

might look into those straight leads next time im in town Neil, cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:Never walk out from camp to swing without a good amount of dunny paper tucked inside the control box cover Wink
Needs no explanation QK; good tip 3179412840

Pete

Too true Bloke!
You can sit around camp all morning,but as soon as you start digging that first target of the day Dr Stanky comes a knocking on the back door. Set your watch by it I reckon Razz

Good tip Stu.
I only get to breakout about twice a month,so my leads last a while anyway. I normally put the control box down next to my right foot with the coil pointed away until the target is out.
Tried the straight leads a few years back and never had any dramas with them either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Sat 19 Jan 2013, 2:31 pm

Strait lead or curly one...the above pic and tip also helps to take the weight off the rear plug.....behind that plug is half the detectors guts mounted to the rear end cap.
The plug apart from being mounted with the nut out side the end cap...is soldered to the maylar ribbon,or flexi PCB/circuit board....if the plug comes lose..its sure to stuff the solder on the maylar tracks. Just a small amount of looseness is enough to crack the solder. A break here is enough to shut the unit off or trip the battery. Tripping the battery will see you walk back to the car to plug the battery into the charge lead to un trip the battery...till it happens again.
Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by gef12 Sun 24 Nov 2013, 4:22 pm

Or you can get some decent Patch Leads...always have a spare..you just never know
when you will need one..
good luck

gef12

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Fri 06 Dec 2013, 8:49 pm

For what its worth, I use a straight lead but instead of running back and up around the arm strap, I run it back but tuck it between the control box and the cover. It shortens it slightly, stops it hooking under your heel when you crouch down (hate that), and if it snags on a bush or whatever, it pulls out.

Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 22 Dec 2013, 9:23 pm

Late reply Crazy Pete , had the walk of shame back to camp with one sock missing a few times ,especially if you filled your water tanks at a mill with dead parrots n other unidentified critters n stuff , nothing like that to keep ya regular . albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Tue 24 Dec 2013, 5:56 am

I can relate to that one albo, like when some barsteward takes the strainer off the tank while your away and it fills up with green frogs.
Bloody 2500l. of water wasted then get inside and clean the stinkin mess out.
Then it dont rain for the next 2 months. Mad 

Anyway have a real good Christmas you blokes.  cheers 

Have got a big fat duck in the fridge goin on real slow in the camp oven for tomorrow night.
With a bottle (or 2) of sparkling shiraz to help it down. Wink 

Thats about as flash as we bother with these days. Cool 
mike

boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down