Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Laws In N.T- Great news!

4 posters

Go down

New Laws In N.T- Great news! Empty New Laws In N.T- Great news!

Post by Yibidavid Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:22 pm

Received my free copy of Minelab Times the other day ( October ) Just read it today & saw this article where I will copy for members to see- incase not all have heard. " The Northern Territory Prospectors & Detectorists Association Inc has been lobbying the government for many years to have the laws changed so that they are more comparable with prospecting laws in other states. Essentially the main points of the law are:-
+ No permit or miners rights is required
+ Access to vacant Crown land or declared Fossicking areas
requires no notification
+ Access to Pastoral land or Exploration Licences( EL's) reqiures
written notification be sent by the fossicker to the pastoralist or
EL holder at least 7 days prior to entry.
+ Written consent is required back if access is requested to Aboriginal
land, Reserved land, Private land or a Mining Tenement.
+ There is a fossicking limit of 100gm of gold, although if one nugget
exceeds this weight, the full nugget can be retained but notification
must go to the Minister.
This seems more than comparable to a few other states, especially the one I'm living in! so NT prospectors should be happy with this outcome & all other people visiting. The 100gms bit has me confused, is that per day? per visit? Finally , the Northern Territory is open for business & I'm sure there will be a lot more nuggets coming out of these very lucrative goldfields in the future. By the way, if anybody would like to receive their free copy of Minelab Times here is their email address minelab@minelab.com.au & tell them what you require, I'm sure they can accomodate you. PS I don't have any connection with Minelab, just doing my bit for this great forum, Cheers yibidavid Brizzy

Yibidavid
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

New Laws In N.T- Great news! Empty Re: New Laws In N.T- Great news!

Post by dilligaf Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:52 pm

hi yibidavid
thanks for the info
are you a member of a detecting club in Brisbane ??? im from tweed heads and looking for a club near by, but would be happy to travel a bit.
i signed up for the news letter from minelab,there is some great information on there too. just google "minelab times"
cheers john

dilligaf

Back to top Go down

New Laws In N.T- Great news! Empty Re : New Laws in NT- Great News

Post by Yibidavid Tue 30 Oct 2012, 1:06 pm

Hi John, I am not a member with any detecting club in Brizzy. I hate to sound negative but not too much happening nearby Brisbane that I know of & we know how tough it is to get access. I think there is a club in Lawnton not far from me ( northren Brisbane) but have not bothered, cheers David
Yibidavid
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold Tue 30 Oct 2012, 2:14 pm

See Groundrush's explanation of the new rules :

http://finders.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82400#82400

They are a disgrace ! Evil or Very Mad
Cheers,
Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 30 Oct 2012, 6:31 pm

Might be new laws but people have to be educated now and most places you go, ya gunna find a tough nut to crack.
I think the NT lot will take some time to sort out.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yibidavid Wed 31 Oct 2012, 9:27 am

Like Cliff said I agree it probably will take some time for this to be sorted out unfortunately, people have been fixed in their ways for so long, no doubt there's gonna be a lot of resistance, I sympathise with groundrush travelling so far only to get the negative treatment & refused entry. How often does this happen elsewhere even when we go through the right channels. I s'pose we have to still be patient but never give up,cause the laws are starting to favour us, & New Laws In N.T- Great news! 1946659557 it is a start in the right direction I hope.
Cheers David
Yibidavid
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:29 pm

Yibidavid wrote:Hi John, I am not a member with any detecting club in Brizzy. I hate to sound negative but not too much happening nearby Brisbane that I know of & we know how tough it is to get access. I think there is a club in Lawnton not far from me ( northren Brisbane) but have not bothered, cheers David

hi,
years ago when detectors were still young and largely ueless.....we used to sluice where the china men dug at jymna.....know where im talking about?.......i got good gold there.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Yibidavid Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:25 am

Hi G.H I knew I would get a reaction when I said there" wasn't much around Brisbane nearby!" But there is-- plenty of homes, farms. State forests & OFCOURSE good old National Parks to preserve any gold from being got at. Almost forgot they've even built lakes & dams right over goldfields , thats the mentality of former Qld governments. Makes one wonder if QLd didn't have so much other resources- ie coal, bauxite, natural gas- would they have closed off most goldfields- Palmer River fine example- another spot down the gurgler. Do I have to pack up & shift to another state just so I can prospect?? Yes I know of Jimna area, went there a few years ago & nearly got lost amongst the JUNGLE , the vegetation was so thick, if it wasn't for my Army trainiing could have easily got lost. I probably will open up another bad can of worms, but so what, thats partly what forums are about, to disgus & express yourself. Finally this state SUX big time, got all that off my chest, I think I feel a lot better, signing off obviously disgrunted Brisbanite. PS I'm also having fun so don't take this too seriously, QK; yibidavid
Yibidavid
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 11:13 am

G'day David

I suppose you could always strap a brush cutter onto each boot and head up to Canoona for a bash. Very Happy

When i lived in Cairns for 15 yrs i used to head up the old Russel River goldfield and lower my gear down cliffs to do some sluicing.
Mannnnnn that was some lovely jungle and got some great gold and fishing.
I wonder if you've ever gone down to Nundle for a scratch mate ?

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Yibidavid Thu 01 Nov 2012, 11:31 am

Hi Pete, I'm not really having a go at Qld. I think I'm just frustrated cause I live in Brisbane & being so far from some of the known goldfields. I've read that some very large nuggets came from Canoona. Never got to nundle, just need contacts & permission- & I'd be there. You scramblin down cliffs to get gold & fishing , explains if one works hard enough & outside the circle , then we might be rewarded? When I was younger I'd climb anything to find some action ( did I word that right? ) But approaching 60 there might be a little hesitation where I might scramble, cheers David fghghg
Yibidavid
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 11:37 am

New Laws In N.T- Great news! 3179412840

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down